Quantcast

>>> Middle Nonsense<<<

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
windy as shit again today. Allergies are killing me. Have to restock the camper fridge and uniforms must go on board. Working one show venue Friday and Saturday out by Sacramento then shift 50 miles SW to Brentwood for a show on Sunday. I am so ready to go on Vacation....Grand Teton somewhere around June 1 can't come soon enough.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Sorry John. My dad's in the same boat, but he was much less active/adventurous than you, so less impact. Does she have an official diagnosis, and if so, can you access some support services that could give a bit of respite?

'nother nice day here. bout to run the kids to school and attempt to do some more writing.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Shot a 35 on the front 9 last night whilst golfing. Guess I've still got it. Course was smack dab in the middle of Dorchester, and you better believe that was abundantly clear.

Silky saw recommendations...what size? We get a number of blow downs here each year that the DCR ignores. I would like to clear them as they block trails and lead to offtrail sojourns.

My life as I know it continues to dissolve. Pretty much a full-time babysitter for Hilarie now...
Sorry to hear that John. :(

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

Shot a 35 on the front 9 last night whilst golfing. Guess I've still got it. Course was smack dab in the middle of Dorchester, and you better believe that was abundantly clear.

Silky saw recommendations...what size? We get a number of blow downs here each year that the DCR ignores. I would like to clear them as they block trails and lead to offtrail sojourns.

Sorry to hear that John. :(
big boy

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Bummer @johnbryanpeters, sorry to hear that. A friend here in town is dealing with a similar situation with both of his parents. @jstuhlman has some good advice, check with the state/social security/medicaid to see if there are any sorts of resources for you and Hilarie. If nothing else, you might be able to get some help for Hilarie for a couple hours a day/week, just so you can get out of the house and take care of yourself.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Was it the local putting green with the windmill's and tunnels or the pitch and putt course?

:D

I would like it to not be raining in the afternoon so I can ride bikes plz, thx.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning, folks! Supposed to push 90 degrees today. I caved and fired up the a/c at 6:30 last night when I was walking around the house sweating. New Dog slept until 5:30 this morning. Good puppy!!!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Still debating horrible decision with the Polestar. It's a high 'want' item, but not anywhere related to a need or even should or good idea level.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Frig. Said okay to a meeting invite the other day. Didn't clue in that I'd be working from home today, and that is when the in person meeting is scheduled.

Oh well. Drive to work for an hour and then dip out early for some riding. Could be worse.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I still stand that the Polestar is a better (bad) decision that an Alfa (@Sandwich). It's a poor fiscal decision, but at least it will probably work the whole time. I won't go in expecting it to stop working. :D

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Here. Still debating horrible decision with the Polestar. It's a high 'want' item, but not anywhere related to a need or even should or good idea level.
Come on now, a Polestar isn't that bad of an idea, at least it's not an Alfa

You should buy a blue one, saw one in blue on my way into work the other day and it's a glorious shade of blue.

(edit) Sniped by your own comment, so yeah, you totally know it's not the dumbest car on teh Monkey, so do it. Do it now!

:(

It might sound selfish, but make sure to somehow reserve some time for yourself. Your health and well being is important.

^This. In Junior Lifegaurds they taught us "The most important life you save is your own" it applies to a lot more than tourists caught in rip tides. My mom drove herself nuts taking care of her parents as it got to the point that we all stepped in and said it's time to look for a dementia care facility. Night and day difference once we got them in a home, for them and my mom. Everybody hates the idea of putting a loved one in a home, but a good care facility can take care of them a whole hell of a lot better than a worn down, untrained spouse or child at their wit's end. No point in burning yourself down trying to do it all when there are services and facilities that can help more effectively than you and both parties will have it better as a result.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
@johnbryanpeters so sorry man, keep your chin up, talk to us if it will help

@stoney just get the damn volvo already. pull the trigger, tear off the bandage, let's light this candle, GO!

I stopped for a breakfast burrito this morning, the kitchen staff was playing old late 80s house music, loudly. I'm going to have Pump Up the Jam stuck in my head all day, I just know it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
@johnbryanpeters so sorry man, keep your chin up, talk to us if it will help

@stoney just get the damn volvo already. pull the trigger, tear off the bandage, let's light this candle, GO!

I stopped for a breakfast burrito this morning, the kitchen staff was playing old late 80s house music, loudly. I'm going to have Pump Up the Jam stuck in my head all day, I just know it.

That jam is in your head but the groove is in the heart

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I still stand that the Polestar is a better (bad) decision that an Alfa (@Sandwich). It's a poor fiscal decision, but at least it will probably work the whole time. I won't go in expecting it to stop working. :D

buying a new electric car right now...aren't you a financial advisor?

I'm still not tits up on the alfa...depreciation and repairs included.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
buying a new electric car right now...aren't you a financial advisor?
That old Volvo has too small of a head for its body

And the Polestar stoney wants is a Chinese gasoline car with a Nordic outer coat and an uncouth 4-banger (twin-charged in this setting, I think). Oh, and a slushbox, iirc

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
That old Volvo has too small of a head for its body

And the Polestar stoney wants is a Chinese gasoline car with a Nordic outer coat and an uncouth 4-banger (twin-charged in this setting, I think). Oh, and a slushbox, iirc
huh...I thought all polestars were chinese electric cars right now...while they used to be fancy chinese volvos.