Quantcast

Midwest/Midsouth Monkeyfest - Arkansas, June 2-4 2006

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Bump for anyone who missed this and wants to chime in before I set a firm date.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Alright dammit.

The Midsouth Monkeyfest will be...

June 2-4
Devil's Den State Park
Arkansas

Downhill and Cross-country riding available.

skin6061

Chimp
Jan 4, 2005
he'll i'm down also, it'll be good to meet some other people and to ride with the regulars also. Plus i got some new found confidience and i'm eyeing that finish line gap once again. I'll clear it this time :) or hit the tree trying. :help:

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Frankenschwinn said:
I too will be there. I lok forward to meeting some other monkeys...
We (Jesse,Eric, and I) will go out the weekend before and make sure the DH track is ready to go.

I'll be there.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Sherpa said:
We (Jesse,Eric, and I) will go out the weekend before and make sure the DH track is ready to go.

I'll be there.
That would be mighty cool of y'all!

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Cooter Brown said:
the K&K Freeride Festival is that same weekend in the state of the cornsucker, can we change the RM Munky Funk to a different weekend?
Listen here you carpet-baggin' Sooner-Beaker, you had your chance to change the date last week! :mumble:

Seriously, that's a bummer mang. Not that I am the center of the universe or anything, but I can't make it down there before that weekend (training for that trail marathon and then the race itself) and I will probably have to work the weekend after the 2-4 (somebody else couldn't make it the next weekend either). After that and it is getting hot and tick-tastic.

I guess we will have to add a second Arkansas Monkey Fest in the fall.:D

J

JRB

DNA said:
<snip>

I guess we will have to add a second Arkansas Monkey Fest in the fall.:D
:stupid:

I already asked for part of the 2nd off work. I'll get there in time for drinkin' on Friday.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The only thing left to deal with is camping. There are two options...
(1) camp in the national forest (free, no facilities)
(2) camp in the state campground (costs $10 per nite/site, has bathrooms and showers)

I think that my wife is coming along to hang out so that means that I will probably get a campsite in the State Park. I will call and check on availability when I get a chance.

J

JRB

DNA said:
The only thing left to deal with is camping. There are two options...
(1) camp in the national forest (free, no facilities)
(2) camp in the state campground (costs $10 per nite/site, has bathrooms and showers)

I think that my wife is coming along to hang out so that means that I will probably get a campsite in the State Park. I will call and check on availability when I get a chance.
I would want to camp there as well. I like to shower.

skin6061

Chimp
Jan 4, 2005
i pefer to camp in the national forest for free and use the park toliets and showers for free. Only thing you have to do is buy food and ice. see problem diverted

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
skin6061 said:
i pefer to camp in the national forest for free and use the park toliets and showers for free. Only thing you have to do is buy food and ice. see problem diverted
While that sounds fine to me, my wife would rather walk a short distance to shower and use the toilet (and pay for the privilege).

For what it is worth, it is only a short ride from the State Park to the Natl. forest. It is no big deal to camp at one and still be able to drop in on folks at the other (that is if you don't fall asleep at 7:30, shutup Cooter!).

skin6061

Chimp
Jan 4, 2005
also don't forget to bring riding lights, the last time we had a trip there alot of people did some Dh runs at 11:30 i think it's going to become a tradition from now on. I will be participating this time

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
SW :monkey:fest sounds great to me... Devils Den isnt really a monkeyfest worthy spot in my opinion. I would suggest Greenleaf State Park, good camping right near trailhead, totally epic and amazing riding, etc, etc.

Either way I'll likely be there.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
golgiaparatus said:
SW :monkey:fest sounds great to me... Devils Den isnt really a monkeyfest worthy spot in my opinion. I would suggest Greenleaf State Park, good camping right near trailhead, totally epic and amazing riding, etc, etc.

Nice timing! Where were you last week when we were picking a place? :eviltongu :nonono:

Suggest that place when we talk about the fall Arky-Monkeyfest. :D

Feb 20, 2004
Oklahoma
golgiaparatus said:

Green leaf is VERY primitive right now. The back section was mostly unrideable when I was there last. It has been a couple of months though.

DD has lots of trails and a DH course as well.

skin6061

Chimp
Jan 4, 2005
for the fall akie fest i suggest potue, probably has ****ty camping but if you and your toes survive the run you have something to brag about.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
skin6061 said:
for the fall akie fest i suggest potue, probably has ****ty camping but if you and your toes survive the run you have something to brag about.
Does Poteau have XC riding too or is it all DH?

I plan on riding both at DD and I know there are some folks who will only ride XC.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Frankenschwinn said:
Green leaf is VERY primitive right now. The back section was mostly unrideable when I was there last. It has been a couple of months though.

DD has lots of trails and a DH course as well.
Yo, are you in contact with the Dallas foks? If so, you might want to let them know about this here get-together.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Cooter Brown said:
Hey Dan, update the dates on the first post of the thread, and Echo will Sticky this thread
Done did it yo!

Oh yeah, thanks Echo!

akaeasy_j

Chimp
Sep 23, 2003
Frisco, TX
loco said:
Posted on Dirt Dawgs too.
holy **** :rofl: :rofl:

thats some of the funniest **** I have heard in a long time, If it dont include spandex, rigid forks and 29 inch bicycles those needledicks aint gonna go for it :rofl: :rofl:

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
DNA said:
Does Poteau have XC riding too or is it all DH?

I plan on riding both at DD and I know there are some folks who will only ride XC.
I plan On riding anything I can on my SingleSpeed

J

JRB

akaeasy_j said:
holy **** :rofl: :rofl:

thats some of the funniest **** I have heard in a long time, If it dont include spandex, rigid forks and 29 inch bicycles those needledicks aint gonna go for it :rofl: :rofl:
There are a couple of folks that will like it. At least I didn't post it on DORBA. :ouch:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
I will be there! I just booked campsite #5, area A (in case anyone else wants to reserve sites near that one).

Am I right in assuming that Cooter and Frankenschwinn and the lot will be at the usual spot in the Natl. Forest?

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Anyone want to take odds on who will "stosh" this event? :evil:

J

JRB

DNA said:
I will be there! I just booked campsite #5, area A (in case anyone else wants to reserve sites near that one).

Am I right in assuming that Cooter and Frankenschwinn and the lot will be at the usual spot in the Natl. Forest?
You got a link to their site to make reservations?