Quantcast

***Moanday GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
mild concern. Jake my 12 year old aussie did not want his food or any peanut butter this morning. He does this every so often but at his age ....

Coffee is almost ready, going to be clear and mild on the short bus today although I will need to scrape the ice off the windshield this morning

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin! :wave:

1. CO peeps, I wanna go skiing this weekend. Name the cheapest way and easiest place to do so that is within shouting distance of the Front Range.

2. Got a good reminder this weekend to come prepared if you wanna play off the beaten path. Friend of a friend broke her leg XC skiing and they didn't have the tools or know-how present in the group. It was only through the kindness of strangers that they were able to get a fire going and keep her warm until park rangers arrived with a litter. Be prepared.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
The riding in the woods has been so so good over the last few day. Bulletproof crust that you can stay on top of if you have wide enough tires. You do even need a trail, just ride anywhere you feel like. Rode the last 3 days in a row and am gonna take a break today. Way too much fun.

Bottled the beer I made a few weeks ago yesterday. I did sample some of the non-carbonated beer and I was impressed. Now I need to wait for it to bottle condition to drink it in it's hoppy glory.

Weed is legal to own and smoke in Maine as of today. You can have up to 2.5oz and grow your own but nothing is available for sale to the public yet. Our government is stumbling with the regulations once again.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
The riding in the woods has been so so good over the last few day. Bulletproof crust that you can stay on top of if you have wide enough tires. You do even need a trail, just ride anywhere you feel like. Rode the last 3 days in a row and am gonna take a break today. Way too much fun.
Haven't ridden on crust like that in years, but I used to love it. Like being in a massive skate bowl if you've got the right terrain.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
@Adventurous: I'll be up at Winter Park on Superbowl Sunday with Mariko. Like Nick's offer I have vouchers for $79 WP tix.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
In me news, my ploy to get sick time off through the end of my 7 day pneumonia antibiotic course worked. No work for me until Friday.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
morning folks. the fuckits are strong today, but thankfully so is my coffee.

made hop tea for the first time yesterday as a secondary fermentation addition for an all chinook IPA i have going. Based on initial aroma and taste it seems to have accomplished what i was hoping for. time will tell. need to get my co2 tank refilled this week and prep an empty keg.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Ran 13.1 miles yesterday at a much slower pace than IAB - ankles and knees are sore. I hit the wall at about mile 11, as my pace went up 1min/mile.

Ton more work on the basement bathroom, but almost done. Just a bit more detail painting on the baseboards then installation of the toilet and vanity.

Saw a bunch of homes, one of which I was totally on board with that would involve a basement finishing. After 30min measuring the place, Wifey decided she didn't like it. The search continues.

Lastly, fuck Comcast. I look forward to two races per year: Le Mans and Daytona 24. Apparently Comcast won't carry Fox Sports 2 which they are broadcast on. My reasons for keeping cable keep dropping quickly.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Lastly, fuck Comcast. I look forward to two races per year: Le Mans and Daytona 24. Apparently Comcast won't carry Fox Sports 2 which they are broadcast on. My reasons for keeping cable keep dropping quickly.
http://firstsrowsports.tv/moto_gp

You have to do the pop-up whack a mole (and don't download any 'malware') but I've had great success with firstrowsports for college hoops (along with bosscast.net for variety)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The riding in the woods has been so so good over the last few day. Bulletproof crust that you can stay on top of if you have wide enough tires.
agreed, here too. got out on Saturday night and it was just sooooo good. not quite riding-off-the-track good, but still, we're getting there. Nevertheless, I will be xc skiing on Thursday this week. I think it will be off the charts good too.
Toying with the idea of Monarch on Super Bowl Sunday. Haven't yet looked into weather/snow forecast so may be subject to change.
when and where is this? I just acquired my tickets to go to AZ with the family on the 11th of February. I hope to not get caught up in a superbowl-induced shitstorm. Btw, can anyone advise me on what Detroit's airport is like? We have an hour to make our connection on Delta... is that going to be possible?

In other news, the cold weather has returned here, and I think that will be good for both xc ski and fat biking conditions...

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Final list of organizations to which I donated this past year:

Goodwill
WeeCycle
CPR
PP
ACLU
National Parks Foundation
EFF
DWB/MSF
Sierra Club
NOW
SPLC

(these the tax deductible, then)

Bernie
ActBlue
Jill Stein
Chewie's Fund
and Colorado Wind Ensemble via Amazon Smile

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Final list of organizations to which I donated this past year:

Goodwill
WeeCycle
CPR
PP
ACLU
National Parks Foundation
EFF
DWB/MSF
Sierra Club
NOW
SPLC

(these the tax deductible, then)

Bernie
ActBlue
Jill Stein
Chewie's Fund
Mine is shorter:
Goodwill
EFF
PP
IMBA
Bernie
The orchestra one you had asked for earlier.

This year will be much larger. Our realtor donates 10% of commission to charity. That's going 50/50 to PP and ACLU.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Contemplating meeting my brother for a ski trip at Breckenridge in March. Knowing my brother this will deliver the least possible bang for the buck. What say you Co monkeys?

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Btw, can anyone advise me on what Detroit's airport is like? We have an hour to make our connection on Delta... is that going to be possible?
Two different terminals, if you're connecting in the same terminal it shouldn't be a problem. Between terminals could get interesting.

edit: From memory Delta is all McNamara (sp?) terminal. Easy enough to walk the length of it or catch the shuttle train thingy.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Our realtor donates 10% of commission to charity. That's going 50/50 to PP and ACLU.
Nice. House swapping is definitely happening? Looking fairly high probability for Seattle defection for me, but if that's happening it's happening at the end of December 2017. Still a full season of biking and hiking and some early ski days to enjoy before any move.

:thumb:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
From the "not all bad news" file. My $10/month contribution is amongst the $50k that my undergrad friend Mike is matching.