Quantcast

***Moanday GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Keystone is, generally speaking, a dangerous shitshow. Its terrain is OK, but with the other nearby options... it is at the bottom of the list.
I assume this means snowboarders in over their heads sitting in the middle of runs when they aren't plowing all the snow to the bottom of the hill.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Bro's wife wouldn't stand for something such as a bus, towncar maybe.
Might I humbly suggest you bolt on them and ski on your own.

:D

I assume this means snowboarders in over their heads sitting in the middle of runs when they aren't plowing all the snow to the bottom of the hill.
There will be a lot of that anywhere in Summit County. Most other places have some way to avoid such shenanigans... but Keystone not so much.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Might I humbly suggest you bolt on them and ski on your own.

:D

There will be a lot of that anywhere in Summit County. Most other places have some way to avoid such shenanigans... but Keystone not so much.
I don't see myself doing more than a few runs with the family. There is the skill difference and the fact that I don't like being around people.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
^^^ Holy shit are you serious? Haven't skied in CO since the kids showed up and had no idea full freight tickets had gotten so pricey. Not that it's all that hard to avoid paying full price.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Afternoon Monkeys.

Wife's foot is back in the boot. The boot we got from the joint has the logo on the bottom strap. I looked at the EOB and that bitch was $486. That bitch is $80 online. Thanks Obama. :rofl:

She is healing and that's good.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
^^^ Holy shit are you serious? Haven't skied in CO since the kids showed up and had no idea full freight tickets had gotten so pricey. Not that it's all that hard to avoid paying full price.
this right here is pretty much why i gave up boarding (in addition to the proximity or lack thereof to a decent mountain, plus ice coast) is that tickets are insane. The closest podunk ski hill to me doesn't even have 500' vertical, lift tickets are still $40

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Nice. House swapping is definitely happening? Looking fairly high probability for Seattle defection for me, but if that's happening it's happening at the end of December 2017. Still a full season of biking and hiking and some early ski days to enjoy before any move.

:thumb:
Likely. We've put in one offer that was declined. Just looking at all of the options on the table as to whether it makes sense. Anything we do will be a "final move" plan, so we're looking one and done.

On donations:
  • Allegheny Trail Alliance
  • American Diabetes Association
  • Committee on Temporary Shelter
  • Fellowship of the Wheel
  • IMBA
  • Jersey Off Road Bicycling Association
  • Kingdom Trails
  • March of Dimes
  • Mational MS Society, Connecticut
  • Network for Good
  • New England Mountain Bike Association
  • Northeast Passage
  • SMBA
  • Vermont Mountain Bike Association
  • VPIRG
  • Warfighter Outfitters
  • Who Says I Can't Foundation
  • Wikimedia Foundation

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i imagine it keeps the mountain pretty white....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Likely. We've put in one offer that was declined. Just looking at all of the options on the table as to whether it makes sense. Anything we do will be a "final move" plan, so we're looking one and done.
has the wife been cured of "keeping up with the jonses" syndrome?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
My options are Breckenridge, or stay home.
stay at home.

i live 15 minutes from my older brother but only see his wife on christmas...easter....and turkey day...and then only for as long as it takes me to eat....i then pass out in the parents spare bedroom...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
has the wife been cured of "keeping up with the jonses" syndrome?
Not really. But for our savings rate we're within a comfortable range. A very large part of going up is the fact we have huge equity in our house. Our loan would be reasonably close (within $100k) of our existing and some minor changes to lifestyle would be enough to adjust for that. Haley's also going to be in public school starting in August, so that's $1300/m that we won't be paying anymore.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Anything we do will be a "final move" plan, so we're looking one and done.
With the hell that is the market now, we all looking to sell and spend the equity on our property in the woods. Then just rent a minimalist place near town.

I have a solid floor plan for a 3 container 2 bed, 2 bath with about 1100sqft with off grid wind/solar that will become the bugout/retirement shelter. There are 2-5 acre spots in the gorge that would be perfect.

Just imagine not having a mortgage at all. :brows:
Looks like about $25k to build and would not owe a dime on it or the land well before retirement age.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
I have a solid floor plan for a 3 container 2 bed, 2 bath with about 1100sqft with off grid wind/solar that will become the bugout/retirement shelter. There are 2-5 acre spots in the gorge that would be perfect.

Looks like about $25k to build and would not owe a dime on it or the land well before retirement age.
Talk to me, Goose. Want the info... wifee has been grumbling about a "retirement" place in the mountains and I'm looking for small, efficient options.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Add a second container on the left side to double the kitchen and bedrooms and add a second bath.

Here is the original floorplan

But if you add a third container along the left side, you have room for a second bath, a monster master and guest, plus twice the kitchen. The design is genius with both sunrise and sunset and venturi cooling with top vents.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
When you start pricing out the slider doors and big windows, the cost is pretty damn cheap. There are some solid pre-fabs now, too. But they are typically single container for an easy guest house or tiny house situation.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Add a second container on the left side to double the kitchen and bedrooms and add a second bath.

Here is the original floorplan

But if you add a third container along the left side, you have room for a second bath, a monster master and guest, plus twice the kitchen. The design is genius with both sunrise and sunset and venturi cooling with top vents.
my brother had listened to a podcast concerning cotainer homes and the guy stressed ventilation and stripping the shit out of the floors of the containers....

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
my brother had listened to a podcast concerning cotainer homes and the guy stressed ventilation and stripping the shit out of the floors of the containers....
The single use ones are pretty basic. I've been looking at doing something like this forever and still might be 2-3 years out (I hope not), but considering what the wife looked at for a tiny house ($15K+) we could build a good sized actual house with room to move.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Talk to me, Goose. Want the info... wifee has been grumbling about a "retirement" place in the mountains and I'm looking for small, efficient options.
i passed by a place near glacier national park that built them....either in kalispell or whitefish...