Quantcast

#>>Moanderp GMT<<#

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
The Reign I rode in Bend, which felt like my DH bike (and awesome) is a 480. That explains my wanting of a longer stem.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Handling felt off, but I wasn't comfortable on the bike. I wasn't centered, or at least didn't feel that way.
I had a 70mm stem on my 66 back in the day as well... IMNSHO that bike has characteristics that if you don't ride it over the front (driving the front end) it can get really squirrely. It's a bike that wants to be pushed, and pushed hard. If you get back-seat lazy on it (or maybe if you're weight is a little too far back because of stem length?) it'll take you for a ride. YMMV.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I had a 70mm stem on my 66 back in the day as well... IMNSHO that bike has characteristics that if you don't ride it over the front (driving the front end) it can get really squirrely. It's a bike that wants to be pushed, and pushed hard. If you get back-seat lazy on it (or maybe if you're weight is a little too far back because of stem length?) it'll take you for a ride. YMMV.
That's what I was feeling. Riding the back seat and it wasn't going where I wanted it to. I'm going to put my old cockpit back on for my next ride just for kicks.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Liftmaster garage door opener has decided to beep fairly constantly.
There is no battery backup for that to need replacement batteries.

So I'm going to just add it to the kill list in honour of @jonKranked 's "special" day.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Gonna do a decent sized ride with a friend that I haven't ridden with in 5 years...his last ride was 90 miles with 9,000 feet of vert, so this might hurt.
Looking forward to it.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Afternoon!

Today is the wife's b-day, so I have to be on my best behavior for at least an hour and a half while we have dinner with her folks.

I replaced the stereo in my hooptie on Saturday....I need to relocate the ground wire - getting a little bit of whine through the speakers when accelerating. I may just leave it, though....sounds like the car is a hovercraft now, and I've always wanted one of those.

The International Furniture Market is getting started this week, so our day started with installs for many of the showrooms. You would sh*t your pants if you saw the cost on some of the rugs we were around this morning....some were more than my car. Gross.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
No, snow line here was 9000 feet. Should be super prime DIRT unless the hunters/dirt bikes/horses have gotten to it, in which case there is another 20 mile ride that is Mt. Bike/hiker only.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Can't you just say "no" to this sort of horseshit? :confused:
Nope they create the patient load that gives us 65% of our revenue. Early AM is the only time when we can have most of the fleet at our home base. If the vehicles aren't approved (inspected and logged as PASSED and we use them to transport their clients we will get kicked out of their system as a vendor if caught. not worth it not be in compliance

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Nope they create the patient load that gives us 65% of our revenue. Early AM is the only time when we can have most of the fleet at our home base. If the vehicles aren't approved (inspected and logged as PASSED and we use them to transport their clients we will get kicked out of their system as a vendor if caught. not worth it not be in compliance
Make your boss do it?

FTS.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
see if their Home Depot has a hot dog cart out in front?

edit: ask for the chef's tasting menu, of course. you don't want anyone thinking for a moment that you ain't civilized.
Kind of what I figured. Probably been 15 years since I was here last. Time seems to have not made many improvements.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
what skis you getting?
Ask @Nick I don't know a damn thing about skis. I'm looking for a decent pair of all-mtn skis I can grow into. Haley skis and I am getting better as she learns. I primarily snowboard, but need to be able to ski with her and I don't want to have to constantly waste the time on rentals.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Ask @Nick I don't know a damn thing about skis. I'm looking for a decent pair of all-mtn skis I can grow into. Haley skis and I am getting better as she learns. I primarily snowboard, but need to be able to ski with her and I don't want to have to constantly waste the time on rentals.
https://www.powder7.com/Blizzard-Bonafide-Skis-187cm-Used-2018/for-sale

https://www.powder7.com/Volkl-Mantra-Skis-184cm-Used-2016/for-sale

Local pickup at the Golden store. Could even stop for a White Ranch lap while you're there.

whatcha got there
Flat belt driven cordwood saw, moving it into the Conex until new shed is completed.

hahah
My guess is it is something related to cutting firewood to length, hopefully no hands are near that blade :panic:
Shortly after we came up here, a person in Bridport got cut in half - they were using a cordwood saw in -30 °F weather and the blade fractured at the mandrel and soared right through them.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Second deck contractor just left. Found the center board of the main beam is rotted. Game over. New deck. And... I'm soon to be out somewhere between $40-50k.

I'm going to hunt the fucker that we bought this house from down in North Carolina and kneecap him.