Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
All you project-based monkeys talking about slow payments, why you no collect deposits up front?
By the time we start a job we've got 50% in hand and we leave with only 10% outstanding.
Far too many douchebags out there to finance other peoples projects.
I'm with you. My little side business requires a considerable amount up front on my part to get started with each project in supplies, let alone initial investments in tooling...... for me its half down before starting, and full payment before product delivery.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'm with you. My little aide business requires a considerable amount up front on my part to get started with each project in supplies, let alone initial investments in tooling...... for me its half down before starting, and full payment before product delivery.
there are different nuances with this kind of contract employment.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I work for a large bank via a large contractor. I am paid per hours worked, but it seems the in-house time tracking system failed to relay the hours I worked to our payroll system, so it was unaware.

The current theory is the one guy who got paid is not currently tied to a project so his funding source is different.
I meant to exclude you from that post, given your set-up.
Hopefully they sort that out for you.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
so then why has toshi declared ski season over?
Because it gets well over freezing during the day then refreezes overnight. I do not enjoy those conditions even if it remains technically possible to plank-slide until June.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Because it gets well over freezing during the day then refreezes overnight. I do not enjoy those conditions even if it remains technically possible to plank-slide until June.
Because it's warm down here on the Front Range. That's how it works - almost all the locals abandon ski season around mid- to late-March, despite the fact that snowpack continues to increase (on average) until mid-April.

Heh. It’s not the glide. It’s that spring snow sometimes smushes away and sometimes lets one hold an edge. Do not want.
:stupid:

I might go Thursday, but the end is definitely nigh.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Spring skiing can also = surprise pow days. You make the best of conditions. Morning corn skiing is teh goods.
This. On nice, warm spring days you just need to keep heading higher and/or mind your aspect. Usually the only horseshit is the bottom 200 vert.

Besides - fucking BUMPS are $$$ in the spring. Only thing better is pow. Which @Nick rightly points out - can happen frequently in the spring. Let's face it - it's the snowiest part of the season... on average.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Mornin!

Death Valley was pretty darn cool. Especially when you turn the corner and see the visitor center tucked among the palm trees like some little mirage.

Off to Joshua Tree today, then it’ll be north to Sequoia, Kings, and Yosemite. :banana:
Too bad you are early in the season, Devils Postpile is pretty sweet to visit.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My boob hurts. At least 2 hours from home when I can replace my dressing and it's starting to hurt. FTS.

Day1 of my Ayurvedic kicharee cleanse. No beer until Wednesday. And basically veggies and mung bean daal all week.
My kicharee is the bomb so I’m excited to eat it. But ask me again in 24 hours.
Yeah me too.
I’ve done this before and Ayurveda makes a lot of sense to me. Not so much hippy hog wash but an Indian approach to health, which is very pragmatic.
Basically not eating meat, sugar or dairy (other than ghee) for a few days to get gut health back on track.
Still a bunch of hogwash wrapped up in religious trappings.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I read your story. Ugh.
How large of a boob-hole do you have left? Is it large enough to need to be packed??
The slice is small, but the space was around the size of a golf ball. ~2' of packing that I saw, then I had to close my eyes and just try to relax.