Quantcast

Mocking Funday...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Up at 4:15. Fiddling with stuff in the garage. Enjoying a hot cup of bean tea at the moment.

Family cookie party yesterday was pretty fun, although I think we made & decorated enough cookies to give the whole county diiiiabeetus. Kids all ran and screamed for 3+ hours, made bed time easier considering the sugar high.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Mind has decides the new wake-up time shall be 430. The body disagrees.

2" of rain overnight and more coming down. It has turned low spots in the yard into water features. I should probably do something about that.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Snow is coming down hard.

Got the third bedroom emptied so I can do the plastering. Not looking forward to the dust.

While it was raining yesterday, I upgraded the girlfriend's Fartbike with a OneUp bar and plastic pedals, Easton stem and masterpiece seatpost. Almost one full pound was taken off. Not that it will make any difference.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. All my appointments today were cancelled, so I get to play catch-up. Got my annual holiday card from the police department at one of my clients yesterday. I get great (albeit minor) amusement that I get one and neither my firm or other team members do. They can say "it's the team" that keeps the relationship running, but we know who really owns that client relationship.

TV decided to take a shit yesterday after 6+ years. From what I can narrow down, the main board took a shit and that was it. I'd replace it and keep going, but they are $250 and a new, larger, modern TV is $300, so new TV. It has a different mounting point on the back, so sits 3" higher on the wall. This is one of my tasks for the next 'until solved' - finding an adapter that will lower the TV by 3" without buying a new mount.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hello! Curb alerted some wii games, which bought the kids a little bit of attention span and honestly they are kind of fun. Thinking about buying a chinese XC frame, because it's pretty much exactly what I want and I should be reemployed soon.

Biggest thing on the agenda is signing my offer letter and turning down the competitor. Not something i'm used to doing and not something I really want to do- close the door on an opportunity when the market is so dry. I suppose I have the offer in hand so I am there, just a weird feeling.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
power went out for 3 hours last night so we played laser tag and pillow fight in the dark.

old doggo came scratching at the door at 4:00 to go out since it was raining all day yesterday and he didn't want to go outside. so i am sleepy this morning but he is still a good boy.

gotta work through a to do list i made myself, but at least no meetings...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
woke up to the internet shut off, the pool overfilled above the lights (which aren't fully sealed yet), and a breach in the back of the stormwater basin so water from that is flowing into the neighbors yard. all that has now been addressed, time for coffee.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Here. All my appointments today were cancelled, so I get to play catch-up. Got my annual holiday card from the police department at one of my clients yesterday. I get great (albeit minor) amusement that I get one and neither my firm or other team members do. They can say "it's the team" that keeps the relationship running, but we know who really owns that client relationship.

TV decided to take a shit yesterday after 6+ years. From what I can narrow down, the main board took a shit and that was it. I'd replace it and keep going, but they are $250 and a new, larger, modern TV is $300, so new TV. It has a different mounting point on the back, so sits 3" higher on the wall. This is one of my tasks for the next 'until solved' - finding an adapter that will lower the TV by 3" without buying a new mount.
Betting it was a Samsung.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Betting it was a Samsung.
Sony. It was over the mantle for 5yrs and eventually something got too hot. The new one is a Hisense. We use them as nothing more than a monitor, so cheap is just fine.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Great... are Samsung TV's shit these days? They used to be the *good* ones. :mad:
They don't support Dolby Vision, if you're into such newfangled tech. (They instead push HDR 10+, which no one likes afaik.)

/me likes LG OLEDs for TVs these days

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
woof. offer accepted, position turned down, shock...bled? and reassembled. Hopefully it's warm in the next couple of days and I can get out for another trail ride to test it out.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

@Adventurous my back yard is clay, so it becomes a standing water mud pit. It's lovely because it gets very unlevel walking around and then it hardens like that next Spring.

I've considered trying to roll it out or use plywood to mush it flat late in the winter. It's a hot mess.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20231211_113234(1).jpg

someone is miserable that mom/dad are not here.

i know where i am on the food chain.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning Monkeys.

@Adventurous my back yard is clay, so it becomes a standing water mud pit. It's lovely because it gets very unlevel walking around and then it hardens like that next Spring.

I've considered trying to roll it out or use plywood to mush it flat late in the winter. It's a hot mess.
Clay is the worst. No great solution for that stuff.

Ours is topography related. The backyard has some crown to it, as does the back part of the property, and the bottom of that depression correlates to the high point of the water table. Any time the ground is saturated, you can bet on puddling.

My issue is likely solvable through grading/fill, but that would require a level of heavy machinery I do not have access to and likely couldn't afford.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
TV decided to take a shit yesterday after 6+ years. From what I can narrow down, the main board took a shit and that was it. I'd replace it and keep going, but they are $250 and a new, larger, modern TV is $300, so new TV.
my sharp is seven years old i think...it sat in the box for a year and a half before i set it up.

it is a bad thing that tv's have become so disposable that you can get 2 or three relatively nice ones for the price of a iphone pro max....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
according to my mom it took a hour and 40 minutes to replace dads knee....