Quantcast

Mocking Funday...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So to burn my unused PTO, I'm off Thursday and Friday this week, Wednesday to Friday next week and have the last week off. I still have 2.67 hours, but I'm ok with that.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
That shouldn't be outdated for at least 6 months.
dont worry, I am planning for that, but still way better than an LED projector setup, the tech is still dependent on Cat6, COAX, power, and HDMI so I will be wiring it all the the right spots in case the tech advances.

I was pretty happy with my 25 foot screen and 6k projector in the last house

1702333203133.jpeg

But the contrast and brightness with the laser projector is unreal, especially seen first hand

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
ooh, a projector with Dolby Vision. cool. I didn't want to deal with fan noise and the like.

my parents' house next door has a projector room and all. because of course.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
dont worry, I am planning for that, but still way better than an LED projector setup, the tech is still dependent on Cat6, COAX, power, and HDMI so I will be wiring it all the the right spots in case the tech advances.

View attachment 204916

But the contrast and brightness with the laser projector is unreal, especially seen first hand
How bad is the fan noise with the projector and the new laser setup?

I bought a cool mini projector for the truck I've never used

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
dammit, the incredible shrinking ray has struck my favorite burrito joint

been eating there for 18 years. 8 dollar burritos are now 12 (fine, whatever, shit's expensive up here) but now the burritos are 2/3 the size they've been forever

and the fuckin drug store that let one circumvent the impossible to shop in grocery store closed last week

I'm doug, and I'm outta here

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana

View attachment 204916

That’s a nice looking kitteh

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ole cheddar, after the old heeler died he was the house dog, he would sit, shake, speak, play dead, rollover and fist bump all on command, would growl out the window at passer bys as well. Was more of a dog than cat really
our current kitten is like that. raised by two dogs...steals bacon, drags it into the corner, and growls at anyone who comes near. also wraps itself around the face of our 80# belgian shepherd and bites its jowels/kicks its ass...shepherd loves it. good kitteh.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We just found out that one of Haley's friends from karting got hit by a car riding her bike home from school. She got a serious concussion and her dad's being pretty vague about just how bad she got hit. But she's going to be out of school until January and can't drive for a few months.

Once she can drive, we'll probably head down to see her and go to the indoor karting track in Springs. Largely because it's too cold for outdoor in CO at this point. But damn...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
dammit, the incredible shrinking ray has struck my favorite burrito joint

been eating there for 18 years. 8 dollar burritos are now 12 (fine, whatever, shit's expensive up here) but now the burritos are 2/3 the size they've been forever

and the fuckin drug store that let one circumvent the impossible to shop in grocery store closed last week

I'm doug, and I'm outta here
fqtyYcXoDV0X6ss8Mf.gif

gEvab1ilmJjA82FaSV.gif

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Sounds kinda like Gatlinburg. Congrats.
Nope, you are wrong Sir. Gatlinburg has no mountain biking at all. No trails, no bike shops. And to rub salt in the wound, it's surrounded by mountains, has a chairlift and a gondola. Not a bike to be seen anywhere. Just thousands of morbidly obese, slack jawed, walking zombie tourists and the long dead inside service workers trying to make a buck of them.

For as much as he bitches about Tahoe, they at least have mountain bike trails.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
In Manitowac, which I can neither say nor spell, this week for work.

Woo, this might be the place for you. It sure fucking ain’t gentrified. I feel like I just drove back to 1975. I also hear they get enough snow around here for thise snow scooters you like so much!

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
that fucking paintjob on the chairlift :rofl:
Gatlinburg is like that. The whole place is a giant bleach worthy eyesore. It's grotesque in a sad cartoon like way. Worth seeing at least once but certainly not for an extended stay like I did. Already been trying to figure out how to avoid it on next year's thru hike.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
In Manitowac, which I can neither say nor spell, this week for work.

Woo, this might be the place for you. It sure fucking ain’t gentrified. I feel like I just drove back to 1975. I also hear they get enough snow around here for thise snow scooters you like so much!
Gatlinburg is like that. The whole place is a giant bleach worthy eyesore. It's grotesque in a sad cartoon like way. Worth seeing at least once but certainly not for an extended stay like I did. Already been trying to figure out how to avoid it on next year's thru hike.
Ironically I've been to both of those places and they kinda of deserve each other, both bleak dreary places with a weird smell trying to both be something they are not.