Quantcast

Modern Warfare 3

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I plan on it. I got BF3 a couple weeks ago, even though I'm a fan of COD. So frustrating and lame by comparison. Graphics are amazing, and there are some cool things about the gameplay... but overall it's just garbage by comparison.

No hardcore mode = lose. If you are in battle and someone hits you center mass with 4-6 AK rounds... you don't shoot back and run away... you fall to the ground either dead or close to it. Also, it shouldn't take 2-3 .50 cal shots at long range to drop someone... it should take 1 and the shot should be hard to make.

Oh yeah... also, idiots in vehicles, just ruin the came even further.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
got it last night as well along w/ 300 other people. best one of the bunch. much better then BF

edit: multiplayer is much faster pace then MW2. though its very easy to rank up and get better weapons without having to buy them. im already at level 18 in only a few hours of actual gameplay

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Will be downloading this tonight when I get home. Can't wait to see how it runs on my new monster machine!

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Copy should be on it's way. Will be playing tonight when I get off work. May call in sick tomorrow.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
is anyone even playing the single player? I liked the story line from MW2 but they started to get boring/short/linear after MW1.

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
put in a couple of hours last night of just multiplayer. I like what I have seen so far, but man the high end killstreaks are just slaughtering fools since nobody took the time to figure out what the perks do and just logged on. i got it right before my last game of the night, and proceeded to wreck some fools. Really not happy about the return of quickscoping. I have a feeling that it is going to be toned down.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Quickscoping is the dumbest thing. There's not that many people that are actually good at it, but it's annoying.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Will probably pick it up for PS3 sometime this week. Is the multiplayer more like MW2 or BlackOps? (Personally I liked MW2 multiplayer better than BlackOps multiplayer... except for stupid ass quick scopers)

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Will probably pick it up for PS3 sometime this week. Is the multiplayer more like MW2 or BlackOps? (Personally I liked MW2 multiplayer better than BlackOps multiplayer... except for stupid ass quick scopers)
its the best of all of them combined. better weapons, better maps, faster ranking up, faster gameplay, no money needed to buy upgrades....

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
To me, Black Ops sucked balls. Most of the maps suck. I think the ones I like most are the annihilation pack. But the biggest issue always seems to be game play. The actual game was ok, but the game MP game hosting/matchmaking is horrible.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Guess opinions are like assholes :D

To me MW is too arcade and BF is more realistic.
The teambased strategy is far better for me then the run n gun action in MW now that Ive had the chance to play it.
To each their own ofcourse.

I fully agree on the hit detection thing though.
Im hoping theyll fix that with a hardcore mode or something or I might switch to MW again after a while...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I am a runner/gunner. Sounds like I need to upgrade my PC and get a copy so I can shoot GFF in the ass.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i like that if you have multiple kill streak rewards, you can use the up/down buttons to toggle which one you want to use. the uav is very helpful before using the other kill streaks

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
i like that if you have multiple kill streak rewards, you can use the up/down buttons to toggle which one you want to use. the drove is very helpful before using the other kill streaks
So you don't have to use the one that you received last any more?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
nope, not anymore!
it sucked last time when you got a UAV after a helicopter or something along those lines
My peeve for that stuff was getting something like chopper gunner and not being able to call any other killstreaks in because someone's heli was already in the air.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I can see not having multiple air support at one time. That would slaughter the other team, but can you at least rotate to something else to call in? Just got my delivery notice...will be waiting for me when I get home. Already told the wife not to bother me tonight.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Y'all that have been playing....suggestions on awesome/crappy weapons/classes so far?
they actually start you off with fairly good assault rifles, the M4 at a early level and the Scar L comes at level 4 i think. to start, you have the G36 grenadier as a option that i used.
ive been primarily using the CM109 which you get at a later level.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
It's freakin awesome. And even with all the people playing, I think there were only two server changes in the 5 hours I played last night. Blows Black Ops out of the water. Seems like you actually get decent drops on the care packages too instead of ammo every damn time in BO.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Got it, beat that story mode in 4 hours on hard with some guys im on shift with. tonight the multiplayer begins. and PS3 players out there wanna game tonight?

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
8 hours straight last night... finished the campaign, and at level 10 pretty fast...
love it so far... PS3