Quantcast

Mon GMT

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Morning. Aparently I have been using my iPad too much (either that or I really need more coffee). I keep touching my laptop screen to do things and it isn't a touch screen :facepalm:

Had a nice weekend with the kiddos. Halloween party and haunted house/hayride Saturday, Church, Sunday School and pumpkin carving Sunday and still managed to get in a few hours of deer hunting (didn't see a damn thing, but I went).
Northern Zone started already?? Wow, am I out of it. Have to Czech southern zone dates so's I can stay out of the woods on opening day!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Still not driving?
Nope. I've ordered a ton of parts and I'm just going all-in with the higher mileage service bits: Radiatior, cooling fan & cooling fan clutch, tranny/diff fluids, thermostat, timing chain tensioner, fuel filter (debating the pump), etc. I am also looking for a set of oem rear wheels that I can mount up front to square the setup. My inability to rotate tires right now sucks.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Westy and your mom are correct. State the $ don't make the move worth it. Anyone who can't respect that isn't worth working for anyway.

Maybe if Westy takes the fancy Seattle jorb you guys can all get a place together? He just got a new dog . . . kids love dogs!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nope. I've ordered a ton of parts and I'm just going all-in with the higher mileage service bits: Radiatior, cooling fan & cooling fan clutch, tranny/diff fluids, thermostat, timing chain tensioner, fuel filter (debating the pump), etc. I am also looking for a set of oem rear wheels that I can mount up front to square the setup. My inability to rotate tires right now sucks.
Radiator as a service item? That thing has a mechanically driven fan?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
How about the truth as stated above?
I'm with Westy. Just tell them this in a more elegant form.
Westy and your mom are correct. State the $ don't make the move worth it. Anyone who can't respect that isn't worth working for anyway.

Maybe if Westy takes the fancy Seattle jorb you guys can all get a place together? He just got a new dog . . . kids love dogs!
Email sent! I just took all this advice and made it concise and professional. I also added that it would be an honor to work for Company B in the future if the stars align or something like that ;) Feel good about it--it is seriously a weight off of my shoulders! Wa-hoo! On with life we go! Thanks guys!

And if we all get a house in Seattle, it will be the RM Headquarters. Make no mistake!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, BMW used a mechanical fan with an electric auxiliary one on most stuff until the mid-2000s.
Interesting. Is the clutch temperature or RPM based? Both would make sense. Fans at 7000 RPM can suck a handful or more horsepowers.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yeah. The one in the M3 isn't too bad yet, but it makes a little noise when it's cold. Works fine once it's up to temp, but I'd rather replace it before it has any real problems. Plus I can drive the S4 in the interim anyway.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yeah. The one in the M3 isn't too bad yet, but it makes a little noise when it's cold. Works fine once it's up to temp, but I'd rather replace it before it has any real problems. Plus I can drive the S4 in the interim anyway.
It's just one of those 'what can go wrong' situations. An already finicky, tight threshold engine that has cooling issues to start with, and potential failure of radiator. That's not math that I like.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Kind of cold here in AngryLand today. Supposed to rain for the next couple days. Need to get a little ride in somewhere before heading to the studio. Motivation is rather low.

@jstuhlman Did you go to Wilson's ?
nope felt crappy when i woke up, looked at forecast: 47* high and spitting rain. gonna ride local in a few. still have next monday on hold in hopes of better weather . . .

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
All my riding buddies dropped out or moved. Mostly riding quads now. I find that the much higher velocities and heavier machine allow me to injure myself in record time.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It's just one of those 'what can go wrong' situations. An already finicky, tight threshold engine that has cooling issues to start with, and potential failure of radiator. That's not math that I like.
Exactly. Plus it's not an expensive part or a lot of work.

Last edited: