Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We had to have a slab in the backyard lifted, as it supports the deck. $800
We need to get the deck stripped and stained. $1200
Replacing subfloor and tiles in the basement bathroom and foyer because of the fucking cat. Pending, probably $2000
Heater being replaced. $4500
Ducts being cleaned. $500

That's what I'm at currently.
One less ///Vanos

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is just no substitute for Tacos Mexicanos. Ortega don't get.

Tell her not to buy an aluminum press because they bend and don't make an even tortilla. Cast iron is much better and should be available at a local tienda. Fancy gourmet cooking stores sell them but at Lexus dealership prices.

Making tortillas and tacos is a fun and social thing that anyone can do in the kitchen.
I grew up on the west side of the tracks. Old Mexican ladies pounding out hundreds of tortillas at a time at church or family functions, nothing beats a fresh tortilla. I told her it HAS to be cast iron, and you have to use a cast iron pan to cook it in, too.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I knew a girl with a large Mexican family, and a couple times a year all the women gather at grandma's and made tamales. Id order up as many as I could fit in the freezer. Sooo bueno. :drool:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I knew a girl with a large Mexican family, and a couple times a year all the women gather at grandma's and made tamales. Id order up as many as I could fit in the freezer. Sooo bueno. :drool:
I went to a HUGE Catholic church as a kid and they would do fundraisers with an army of old Mexican ladies knocking them out by the dozen. The South American carts in SE have the banana leaf tamales. But for legit tamales by the dozen, Ochoa's (Super Taco) in Hillsboro. The place is tiny and so sketch, but the food is amazing. I just noticed they have a 4.6 Google rating. :rofl:

The tacos are banging, but I go there for the tamales.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I made Tamales a couple of times.
If you do it, might as well make a big batch.
Total Pita, there is a reason why Mexican grandmas want 9 kids!
One of those things that is "Just better to buy'...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I made Tamales a couple of times.
If you do it, might as well make a big batch.
Total Pita, there is a reason why Mexican grandmas want 9 kids!
One of those things that is "Just better to buy'...
I don't mess with making tamales. Not when I can get a dozen at Ochoa's :rofl:

Damn, I am hungry now. Jackasses. :D

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Now you know how I feel every time that you post about your god damn delicious food trucks and after @jdcamb posts pictures of sausage and pizza.
If I lived in Toronto I would go to the Annex everyday to eat at the Country Style Hungarian Restaurant on Bloor. Get the Schnitzel.