***Monday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Very nice. So 2004 Sprinter conversion == $16,xxx. Got it.
Oops, shouldn’t have left that in there. And also, no. That vintage of Sprinter with a nice build out is gonna easily run you $20-30k even with 200k+ on the odometer. I got lucky and found a guy who did a really nice job on the build out and wasn’t interested in getting a premium for it, particularly as he hasn’t even listed it for sale yet and we are friends-of-friends. He could’ve gotten over $20k pretty easily I think.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
damn even my backwater state does it automatically once the lien is released
Meh. At least in Denver County it works like in PA. I paid off the Land Cruiser and a few days later got a clean title with no registered owner or whatever the verbiage is for the lienholder.

For that matter, the DMV also sent me the clean title for the Tesla yesterday, even though it was paid off by a third party with instructions to send it to them, as I sold it...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin!

Ride yesterday was just one of those rides. Tweaked derailleur hanger almost ruined the ride, and Yeti gave me the wrong one when I bought it all those years ago. Did my best to compensate for the tweak and moved on.

Until I hit a tree and made my wedding ring look a lot less ring like. Hammered it back into a circle when I got home, but I suppose now I should remove it before riding.

View attachment 148522
Enso silicone ring for riding or work stuff. If I squashed my tungsten ring that badly I don't think I'd have a finger left.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Enso silicone ring for riding or work stuff. If I squashed my tungsten ring that badly I don't think I'd have a finger left.
I should probably just give up on rings or go the silicone route.

Though losing a ring finger would be a fitting ending to the story. I've broken each multiple times in gruesome fashion, but never anything else. Darn piano hands.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
yea, i don't wear my ring when i ride or climb.
I didn't even get married! :D living in sin ftw!

back from glamping. What an awesome week. Highlight of the year for sure.
moonrise over the lake:
1597078920238.png

family campfires:
1597078958575.png

1597079044545.png

a bit of rain did not dampen our spirits:
1597079000665.png

not with how awesome the swimming was:
1597079136091.png

mermaids!
1597079173587.png

I even had time to read a whole book!
1597079223341.png

Kids are in camps, so I'm doing full workdays this week for the first time since lock-down. Kinda sucks. A lot.

At least I have something to look forward to next week. We rented a cottage on a lake, about 15 minutes away from a mega-super-awesome riding area, where two of my buddies have been living since lock-down.

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
At least I have something to look forward to next week. We rented a cottage on a lake, about 15 minutes away from a mega-super-awesome riding area, where two of my buddies have been living since lock-down.
we had a place rented for a week in Maine but unfortunately that got covid'd.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
ugh, that must have been a punch in the gut.

luckily, things are trending in the right direction here, so I don't think that's going to happen...
it was, for a number of reasons (especially as we haven't been on a proper vacation since the accident). we still could have gone to our family's cabin, but its a long drive with 2 young kids and there's no internet. if there was (or even just cell reception) i'd have gone up for a month at least since i'm working remotely anyways.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Quebec. Outaouais region. Sites are by reservation here: http://sage31-milles.ca/ what's nice about this lake is there are very few motor boats, and there are maybe 25 campsites in total. There must be at least 10 miles between each site. Went sleep with the sounds of the loons calling every night.

View attachment 148542
the lake my family's cabin is on has loons. and a few years ago a bald eagle took up residency. some motor boats but not. the swimming in front of the camp could be a LOT better, but we just paddle out to the middle of the lake and swim there.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
it was, for a number of reasons (especially as we haven't been on a proper vacation since the accident). we still could have gone to our family's cabin, but its a long drive with 2 young kids and there's no internet. if there was (or even just cell reception) i'd have gone up for a month at least since i'm working remotely anyways.
We initially tried to rent a place for a whole month since we can work remotely. Air BnB was locked down, and when the Quebec government lifted the freeze, places booked up in 2 days... We got lucky to get a week in.

Hopefully you get to make it out sooner rather than later. As they've been saying in Quebec :

1597082355340.png

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
the lake my family's cabin is on has loons. and a few years ago a bald eagle took up residency. some motor boats but not. the swimming in front of the camp could be a LOT better, but we just paddle out to the middle of the lake and swim there.
I think taking my kids camping there every year with their cousins is probably the best thing I've done as a parent. At least it's one of the things I'm the most proud of.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We initially tried to rent a place for a whole month since we can work remotely. Air BnB was locked down, and when the Quebec government lifted the freeze, places booked up in 2 days... We got lucky to get a week in.

Hopefully you get to make it out sooner rather than later. As they've been saying in Quebec :

View attachment 148543
I think taking my kids camping there every year with their cousins is probably the best thing I've done as a parent. At least it's one of the things I'm the most proud of.
ours is owned by a family member (and will stay in the family when they pass) and isn't rented out, so we can go whenever we want. but it's an 11 hours drive.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Time to throw some weight on my back and do the rocky up and down for a few hours in my weekly attempt at keeping depression at bay. 90+ and chance of Thunderstorms should keep the mouth breathers away.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Time to throw some weight on my back and do the rocky up and down for a few hours in my weekly attempt at keeping depression at bay. 90+ and chance of Thunderstorms should keep the mouth breathers away.

The view from my hike yesterday was largely skunked by a lenticular cloud formation. I was waiting for it to burn off but I got too cold sitting around.

IMG_20200809_111321.jpg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Today was fun. Ass has brown stuff on it, not really sure if it's the mud from the steep rock slabs or poo from my but. TBD.

Crushed 2 liters of water and a beer on today's ride. Need more tomorrow.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Today was fun. Ass has brown stuff on it, not really sure if it's the mud from the steep rock slabs or poo from my but. TBD.

Crushed 2 liters of water and a beer on today's ride. Need more tomorrow.
:fancy:

This does not look like the Greater Golden Horseshoe area... you in Quebec?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yes. :busted:

At Vallee bras du nord today and tomorrow. Possibly SDM wednesday and Thursday (depending on closures) and Saint Anne on friday and Saturday.
I hope for you that Maelstrom opens in time for your dose of Wolverine.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Did a little over 8 miles in 4 hours with the only break being for a quick stretch. Didn't sit down once and pushed a 2 mph pace. Only encounter was a small group of 20 somethings, huddled together near the start, without anything resembling a face mask. The female gave me the creepy old man look when I stepped off trail to avoid their germ cannons. Other than them it was solo time in the woods.