Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
longer proof (fermentation), I do the quasi-no kneed overnight proof 12 hours in the fridge and then the usual regular proof 2 hours prior to baking.

Similarly, you could increase the amount of SD starter in your loaf.

My standard recipe is 3 cups whole wheat, 3 cups white, 3 cups sour dough, and 2.25 cups of water + salt but I usually err on the side of more sourdough.

After you've been feeding your sourdough for a while, you will notice clear "pot liquor" on the top in between feedings. This is caused by the yeast getting hungry and turning SD starches into alcohol.

I'm not a big fan of it and usually pour mine off but if you want your SD more sour, just stir it in before feeding.

#PS.TakeItToTheFoodMonkey...

You can also cheat with citric acid.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Man something is up with my brain. My phone is asking me to type the unlock password, but for the life of me I cannot remember it. Its something I type daily, but nope, its gone from my memory.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Man something is up with my brain. My phone is asking me to type the unlock password, but for the life of me I cannot remember it. Its something I type daily, but nope, its gone from my memory.
MAGA2020!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just cut a lot of wood to make birdhouses for Haley and the other kids on the street. Haley and I have a bunch of sanding to do tomorrow then we can assemble them for painting.