Quantcast

{{{ Monday? Sure, Monday }}}

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Guessing MSA is too far...
Yeah, trying to keep it at or under 2 hours. MSA would be more or less 5 hours depending on traffic - we have to go through Montreal and Trois Rivières. Bromont is 3 hours away. My previous girlfriend had a cottage in St Donat. It was a 3 hour drive. I fricken hated going to that place. Three hours is a long drive, even without kids, and there was no biking out there (at the time, things may have changed now). The skiing was pretty decent, but neither of us had DH gear at the time. And the house was so much maintenance that it was pretty much going up for 3 weekends of work for one weekend of hosting.

I don't mind doing the work as long as I can mix it up a bit, but I'm definitely looking for something simple and not luxurious.

Last edited:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yeah, trying to keep it at or under 2 hours. MSA would be more or less 5 hours depending on traffic - we have to go through Montreal and Trois Rivières. Bromont is 3 hours away. My previous girlfriend had a cottage in St Donat. It was a 3 hour drive. I fricken hated going to that place. Three hours is a long drive, even without kids, and there was no biking out there (at the time, things may have changed now). The skiing was pretty decent, but neither of us had DH gear at the time. And the house was so much maintenance that it was pretty much going up for 3 weekends of work for one weekend of hosting.

I don't mind doing the work as long as I can mix it up a bit, but I'm definitely looking for something simple and not luxurious.
Morin Heights got some older well maintained cottages. Or look in Ste-Anne-des-Lacs (this is where I live).

Biking around here is exploding!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Second away from getting run over by an old lady who totally missed a red light as I think she was only looking at the green light further out or maybe just being old. I calmed myself down by saying she would have hit the other side of the car and it's a Volvo.

On a positive note I installed some new christmas lights on two trees today and it looks brilliant. We are slowly getting ready for the Christmas season.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ah, crap, Fed Ex lost the Yeti frame that I just shipped to Highlands Ranch on Saturday.
And the Vault testing facility lost my son’s Covid test results.
0-2 so far.
Any of you CO monkeys know a Robert Cassell?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
32T here / 13" BB height, I need one. OneUp makes a cheap yet good one with replaceable skid plates.
I should probably get one at some point. Just sacrificed my water bottle cage a few rides back to a log over. Part my fault for just rolling it, part Yetis fault for designing a frame that requires the water bottle to be positioned as a bash guard.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Second away from getting run over by an old lady who totally missed a red light as I think she was only looking at the green light further out or maybe just being old. I calmed myself down by saying she would have hit the other side of the car and it's a Volvo.
I have started to not trust anyone in traffic since moving here. Danes are not bad drivers, they just are bad at physics. Two bodies cannot be in the same space at the same time. ;)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Do people still put bash guards on their bikes? My old bike had an E*Thirteen guard that saved my front ring a lot of abuse. I am noticing since my new bike does not have one, the ring is taking a lot of shots, particularly going over logs since I tend to try to go over them no matter how big they are.
When I got the narrow wide chainring and went to 11 speed, I tossed my E13. That was some weight. I have thought about a bash, but I have yet to drop a chain or hit anything with force.

This is on 26" wheels.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I should probably get one at some point. Just sacrificed my water bottle cage a few rides back to a log over. Part my fault for just rolling it, part Yetis fault for designing a frame that requires the water bottle to be positioned as a bash guard poop collector.
ftfy

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
One nice side benefit of the e-bike cat-belly is that the motor actually protects the chainring.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am sure those motors are much cheaper to replace than those really expensive chainrings.
It has a rubber bash-pad thing about the casing. I have hit it hard enough to tear off much of that pad. When I got my replacement front triangle Pivot threw in a new pad out of pity. :D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Instill have 2x10 on the trail bike (remember that?) and recently got a 2x mrp/truvativ guide with bash. I've definitely hit it a handful of times, so it's working. Also made all my dropped chain issues go away, as I haven't had a single ghost shift or dropped chain since.

Not sure what's cool to do on the new 1x12 bike, though...open to suggestions

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Instill have 2x10 on the trail bike (remember that?) and recently got a 2x mrp/truvativ guide with bash. I've definitely hit it a handful of times, so it's working. Also made all my dropped chain issues go away, as I haven't had a single ghost shift or dropped chain since.

Not sure what's cool to do on the new 1x12 bike, though...open to suggestions
1up bash/guide.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
WOOT

My cousin Jane worked at the Monterey Bay Aquarium for 30 years then got laid off when Covid Shut it down. She has been out of work for 7 months. She just got hired to Teach Biology at Cabrillo College in Aptos on Monterey Bay. I actually got my AA from there back in the 80s. She is teaching alongside one of my Diving and Mountaineering buddies from back then. Dr Nicole Crane... Lucky students as these are two top researchers in their fields

Last edited: