Quantcast

MondayyadnoM

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Some pics from a Colorado high-country classic to add a little fall color to the GMT. Did a little Kenosha Pass out-n-back yesterday with my favorite lady, followed by posting up on the side of 285 for a post-ride beverage. Enjoy.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Trail wasn't a complete and utter $hitshow? Did you ride the *east* side, you sneaky bastard??
Nah we rode the west side... and yeah it was pretty much a gong-show. I've never seen so many cars parked up there. I think tons of people went looky-looing the east side, because even though there was a lot of leaf-peeper foot traffic everyone was super friendly and cool. And after the first couple of miles, the trail was basically empty. We did run across another couple riding, they had ridden Kenosha > Breck on Saturday, stayed the night, and were on their way back to Kenosha Sunday. They said it was WAY more crowded on Saturday. I think my bear-bell helps. :D

The only negative interaction we had was with a fucking douche nozzle on an e-bike that was mowing people down... and by people I mean a guy that was climbing up a little steep pitch right in front of me on the way back towards Kenosha. Then when he got around that guy and me, he proceeded to nearly run my lady over. SMDH. I try to be "neutral" about the whole e-bike thing, but dickbags like that make it real difficult. That said, there are plenty of douche canoes on non-e-bikes that mow people down for no reason. :mad:

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
The only negative interaction we had was with a fucking douche nozzle on an e-bike that was mowing people down... and by people I mean a guy that was climbing up a little steep pitch right in front of me on the way back towards Kenosha. Then when he got around that guy and me, he proceeded to nearly run my lady over. SMDH. I try to be "neutral" about the whole e-bike thing, but dickbags like that make it real difficult. That said, there are plenty of douche canoes on non-e-bikes that mow people down for no reason. :mad:
Yeah - but he was riding his illegally. Which makes it even *more* dooshy.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I think it is the highfive that makes it the eiffel tower.
This.......

Drunk college kids make me laugh. She waved as the headlights lit them op, the dudes high fives..... They then climbed in the car.......

All I could end up thinking I the long run , was how great it would be if when they left they got nabbed for a DUI or something and they end up at my work tonight when I get there........

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
How long did it take to summit/complete?
Took me & my girl nearly 9 hours. 5 up & 4 down. Not counting the 40 mins spent on the summit.
My homies did it in 10.5. The last couple miles are steep & full of lose rocks near the summit.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Back on the east coast after 10 days of rafting the GC and hanging/riding in California. God damn I don’t miss the humidity in NC. I’m tired and plan on not working tomorrow and going for a ride. Asheville airport apparently only recorded about 1.5” of rain with Flo. Trails may be ok.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Figured it would be too wet to ride so I tried going for a hike, but the park was closed due to some storm or shit, like whatever...

Went to Thuper Awethum and did four hours of trail work since I already had my saws in the car. Only saw one other person out there, putting deep ruts in the mud. Dude, of course didn't see me, cuz I'm a gnome. His dog stared at me until I waved it off. Don't think he'll tell anyone. Bet dude thinks no one saw him riding.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Figured it would be too wet to ride so I tried going for a hike, but the park was closed due to some storm or shit, like whatever...

Went to Thuper Awethum and did four hours of trail work since I already had my saws in the car. Only saw one other person out there, putting deep ruts in the mud. Dude, of course didn't see me, cuz I'm a gnome. His dog stared at me until I waved it off. Don't think he'll tell anyone. Bet dude thinks no one saw him riding.
should have thrown rocks at him. the rider, not the dog.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Interviewed candidates for a senior engineering positions today. God it was painful. Not sure if people were just lying about their experience or just didn't understand the whole point of a job interview. Declarations of excellence supported by dubious and vague stories may get one elected, but probably not a job.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Interviewed candidates for a senior engineering positions today. God it was painful. Not sure if people were just lying about their experience or just didn't understand the whole point of a job interview. Declarations of excellence supported by dubious and vague stories may get one elected, but probably not a job.
young / old candidates?