Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Got in to work this morning to find out my boss is away for the week. all duties fall on me? why the fuck was I not briefed about this?! what kinds of mickey mouse operation are they fucking running here. jtfc.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Pedaled in to work today. Figured it was a good way to enjoy as much of the Solstice as possible. Did the 17 miles in 51 minutes. Gonna be a slow 17 on the way home.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Lots o' riding this past weekend and I can feel it in my legs. Gonna take the next few days off from riding as my older bro is out on business this Wednesday and I'm going to take him for a spin around Buff Creek.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! I slept in this morning and it was good. So far my hands are the only achy bits from my crash yesterday, I have trail rash on my left shoulder and knee. The Yeti would not have let me crash. Also never going to run the SID that soft again. I'm going to have to put in nearly a full day today. Boo. 10 more days of medical leave left then it's back to the real world.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
Got in to work this morning to find out my boss is away for the week. all duties fall on me? why the fuck was I not briefed about this?! what kinds of mickey mouse operation are they fucking running here. jtfc.
Didn't you get the memo? Morning , work then maybe a after work ride if it's not to hot with a possible case of heat stroke throwing in for shits and gigs.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Good morning Monkies! I slept in this morning and it was good. So far my hands are the only achy bits from my crash yesterday, I have trail rash on my left shoulder and knee. The Yeti would not have let me crash. Also never going to run the SID that soft again. I'm going to have to put in nearly a full day today. Boo. 10 more days of medical leave left then it's back to the real world.
based on what i've seen from "serious" xc riders, SID's operate best when they are run fully rigid.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Had a glorious weekend and am ready to take on the work day.

Found out some crazy info on my sisters new pad over the weekend, holy hell.

6 personal references for EACH her and her husband
Full financial disclosure
List price $1.1M (was told they "got a deal" on it though)
HOA dues $1k/month
24hr doorman and concierge service but no gym, no rooftop space and no parking space (they don't own a car, so not an issue)

And its 960 sqft.

Wow, just wow.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
based on what i've seen from "serious" xc riders, SID's operate best when they are run fully rigid.
There's a lot of SID hate out there... I'm considering moving the Fox 32 to the hardtail and getting a Pike for the GT. I'm riding the GT tonight, the Fox is not as smooth as the Pike but better than the SID. A 20 LB trail bike is nice though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

Had a glorious weekend and am ready to take on the work day.

6 personal references for EACH her and her husband
Full financial disclosure
List price $1.1M (was told they "got a deal" on it though)
HOA dues $1k/month
24hr doorman and concierge service but no gym, no rooftop space and no parking space (they don't own a car, so not an issue)

And its 960 sqft.

Wow, just wow.
HOA = kill list

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
There's a lot of SID hate out there... I'm considering moving the Fox 32 to the hardtail and getting a Pike for the GT. I'm riding the GT tonight, the Fox is note as smooth as the Pike.
no hate for the sids, just hate for people that set them up so stiff that they lose all benefit of running suspension.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
There's a lot of SID hate out there... I'm considering moving the Fox 32 to the hardtail and getting a Pike for the GT. I'm riding the GT tonight, the Fox is not as smooth as the Pike but better than the SID. A 20 LB trail bike is nice though.
Can you add tokens to the SID to reduce the size of the air chamber? The more tokens, the more ramp up (progressiveness) you can get out of your fork.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning. Very sore. I did a lot of very technical riding this weekend with @Adventurous and @Nick on Saturday and @Toshi on Sunday. I always forget how much upper-body effort goes into serious, technical downhill.

Went to the zoo yesterday in cool 98* weather. Between the riding and zoo effort, I was worn out enough that I fell asleep in the car waiting for Wifey to go shopping (Haley was napping in the back, stayed in the car with the AC on).

Have my work clothes for tomorrow sitting in a gym bag under my desk. Plan is to ride in with a super light pack tomorrow (keys, phone, wallet, lunch) and see if that helps reduce my bike time as well. My logic being the more time I spend on the road, the more likely incidents are to occur. Not sure when, but I really lost my gusto for riding on the road (vs path) and my risk/reward ratio changed substantially.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning. Very sore. I did a lot of very technical riding this weekend with @Adventurous and @Nick on Saturday and @Toshi on Sunday. I always forget how much upper-body effort goes into serious, technical downhill.

Went to the zoo yesterday in cool 98* weather. Between the riding and zoo effort, I was worn out enough that I fell asleep in the car waiting for Wifey to go shopping (Haley was napping in the back, stayed in the car with the AC on).

Have my work clothes for tomorrow sitting in a gym bag under my desk. Plan is to ride in with a super light pack tomorrow (keys, phone, wallet, lunch) and see if that helps reduce my bike time as well. My logic being the more time I spend on the road, the more likely incidents are to occur. Not sure when, but I really lost my gusto for riding on the road (vs path) and my risk/reward ratio changed substantially.
do you have on-site dry cleaning?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
HOA = kill list
It depends on the scale. Small neighborhood? Burn it to the ground. Huge community? Not too bad.

Our HOA is our city of 28k people. The rules in place are legitimate and the city has a dedicated crew of people that drive around to give warnings about things that are 100% against the rules. But we get four full gyms, huge amount of private trails, etc. for $142 per quarter.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It depends on the scale. Small neighborhood? Burn it to the ground. Huge community? Not too bad.

Our HOA is our city of 28k people. The rules in place are legitimate and the city has a dedicated crew of people that drive around to give warnings about things that are 100% against the rules. But we get four full gyms, huge amount of private trails, etc. for $142 per quarter.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

For some crazy ass reason, half our neighborhood is under the HOA. So I can't have my boat at my house for more than 3 days, but 5 houses down the street, homeboy has a HUGE ASS RV parked on the side of his. But his house it where the HOA stops.

We got no gym, but they cut the grass out by the sign leading into the neighborhood, so there is that. It's like $200/year.

My sister is paying $1000 every month just so she doesn't have to open the door on her way into the building. Seems legit.

<edit> We have an old retired dude that likes to write notes and leave them on your door.

Funny story: I had my car in the street on blocks with the wheels in the driveway while I did the brakes. He pulls up and says "You know this is against the CC&R's, right?" I said "To own a Corvette? That seems like an odd rule". His reply was "Don't be surprised when you find a fine in your mailbox"

Jokes on him. The CC&R's say you get 2 written warnings before a fine can be given. Get off my lawn old man.

/coolstorybro

Last edited:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
10 more days of medical leave left then it's back to the real world.
That's too bad. Then back to M-F 8-5?

Manhattan?

HOA = kill list
Stapleton's HOA fee is $40/month. For that I get access to the 6 (!) outdoor neighborhood pools and have an assurance that my neighbors will maintain their lawns, etc. The rec center is operated by Denver Parks and Rec, though, so I don't get access to that for free.

I have sore shoulders today, too. Next time I'll drop the seat all the way and not puss out on the stairs on Zorro. :D

As for my GMT update I am here on an academic day. 2 hours of lectures to med students and 1 hour of a committee meeting on my schedule. Once I'm free of obligations all I have left is to call Guerrilla Gravity about a demo and perhaps get the Land Cruiser washed.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Good Father's Day weekend. Our friends had a place in Palm Springs for the weekend, which the wife really wanted to go to, at the same time my buddy invited me up to his place in Big Bear. Made a deal with the wife and took a day off work Friday to spend Thursday night/Friday in PS with them, then drove to BB and rode the park with the boys on Saturday and Sunday. Rode all day Saturday, then went out on the lake for about two hours, some carne asada BBQ Saturday night, rode Sunday and headed home. Good times.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning. Lots of riding over the weekend has me spent. Tons of work on my plate. Ugh.

@kazlx : is pic #3 you? your no-hander game is STRONG!

@StiHacka : yes those are the stairs on Zorro. I wonder if that guy knows about the rebound adjuster on his fork.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had a blast of a weekend between a good bike ride, awesome fun with friends in town from Denmark including hype restaurant and a club with drag queen and go go dancers and Fathers day on the beach to recover. I really miss getting on the mtb. I has to happen this week.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Manhattan?
:stupid: Sold their place in Harlem for $850k. Moved up and she now has a walk in closet! :rofl:

17th floor with a view of the Chrysler building from the kitchen. Wife and I will visit next year to check out how the other half lives.

<edit> I just found it crazy that you can't just buy it, you have to be approved by the building. Takes HOA to a whole new level.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
The dreaded COOP approval. Friends of mine had their first buyer rejected by the board. Everything about real estate in NYC is a big pain except if you get into the market and make huge profit.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
The dreaded COOP approval. Friends of mine had their first buyer rejected by the board. Everything about real estate in NYC is a big pain except if you get into the market and make huge profit.
That's right, not HOA, its a COOP approval. :rofl: We were looking at Zillow and it is scary to think that looking at the comps, they got what in NY would be considered a good deal. One thing is for sure, it makes it a hell of a lot easier to look at real estate here. :panic: