Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
can see uncle acid twice before vacation in september....atlanta and asheville.....with danava/the shrine.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Shit has hit the fan at work.

Have not even had coffee, lunch or taken a poop yet.

And tonight is the night I sign over my car to the new owner.

Why today. Whyyyy?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Good Father's Day weekend. Our friends had a place in Palm Springs for the weekend, which the wife really wanted to go to, at the same time my buddy invited me up to his place in Big Bear. Made a deal with the wife and took a day off work Friday to spend Thursday night/Friday in PS with them, then drove to BB and rode the park with the boys on Saturday and Sunday. Rode all day Saturday, then went out on the lake for about two hours, some carne asada BBQ Saturday night, rode Sunday and headed home. Good times.

Casual yard sale pic inclusion. Nice.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
One thing is for sure, it makes it a hell of a lot easier to look at real estate here. :panic:
When I think it's expensive here in Denver I look to Seattle. I paid under $200/sq ft for a new construction with a yard (albeit a smallish one), the super insulation setup, nice finishes, etc. My father in law similarly built new without the crazy green bits in Ballard and paid $400/sq ft… for a townhouse.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Megatrail demo bike booked for Saturday. Santa Cruz demo day for Sunday. Weekend is shaping up already, with us hosting one of my co-workers' families for dinner on Sat night.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Just got home from an overnighter on the AT with my son. Hiked in 6 miles to an awesome little swimming hole, spent the night, and hiked out this morning.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Does the Mega Trail Mega Hit come in crabon?
Aluminum only. The upside is that it's actually made right here in Denver. So conflicted: support my Asian carbon-laying brethren (albeit the wrong nationality for me) or locals here?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Aluminum only. The upside is that it's actually made right here in Denver. So conflicted: support my Asian carbon-laying brethren (albeit the wrong nationality for me) or locals here?
My old sugar had a similar idea with an easy switch between 2.5" or 4.1" rear travel, it wasn't well respected at the time. I could never get the rear end where I wanted until I reverted to coil. I think I spent more on shocks than I did on every thing else for that bike.

Anyhow... for proper dentristry you should also get the DH because coil. Massive effen coil.

Last edited:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
you can put a coil on a megatrail. i like bikes that have adjustable travel. it (and adjustable wheelbase/bb/headangle)'s why i've had the same bike for the past 6 years.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Plates have been taken off the Subaru, no going back now.

Went through just under half a tank of gas today. I'll miss the car, but good riddance.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, the temps are great today, but we got rained out on our ride in Evergreen. It is our anniversary, so we just stayed at the B&B and banged a few times. Now it's off to the Black Hat Steakhouse to get a 14oz bone in ribeye, so all is not lost!

Also had an absolute pig out at Hapa Sushi last night. That place was great (Cherry Creek)

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
When I think it's expensive here in Denver I look to Seattle. I paid under $200/sq ft for a new construction with a yard (albeit a smallish one), the super insulation setup, nice finishes, etc. My father in law similarly built new without the crazy green bits in Ballard and paid $400/sq ft… for a townhouse.
Then you would absolutely freak out trying to build in Jackhole.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The good news is through the caucasian eyes of Ridemonkey you all look the same so you shall catch no shit here for your crabon desires.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I forced my Caucasian ass to pedal 10.5 miles this evening. It got rewarded with some beer, fire in outdoor fireplace and a steak grilled over hardwood embers.