Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well, he is an art major :busted:

Art history IIRC. An artist would have talent vs just recognizing it. :)

However, he is the most successful (only) art history major I know that actually work in their field of training.

Maybe he can document (curate) Angrymetalsmith' work?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Colorway? Does that mean it was artisanally curated by organic free range product managers?
probably . . . it is handmade in CO after all. :twitch:

Art history IIRC. An artist would have talent vs just recognizing it. :)

However, he is the most successful (only) art history major I know that actually work in their field of training.

Maybe he can document (curate) Angrymetalsmith' work?
YRC. My artistic talents are limited to photoshopping stuff, woodburning things, and maybe trailbuilding. :D

@AngryMetalsmith's stuff falls under a different dept. at our museum. I do need to get up to Winston Salem sometime to pay him a visit though...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Did no trail work, just rode for three hours. Went to the Flow-easy™ trail system in the next city and wow were the trails blown out. It had gotten so much wider than last year or even a few months ago. Riders absolutely will not ride over roots and rocks bigger than 1.5 in. so they just make the singletrack 6-8 ft. wide, ridiculous.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Owl's Roost? Never ridden in W-S or Greensboro . . .

I like the other definition of "blown out" so much better - when a trail is steep and rugged and mother nature has eroded the fuck out it since the last time you rode it!

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Owl's Roost? Never ridden in W-S or Greensboro . . .

I like the other definition of "blown out" so much better - when a trail is steep and rugged and mother nature has eroded the fuck out it since the last time you rode it!
Yeah, Wild Turkey, Owl's Roost, and two others tonight. OR still had some ruts and roots to keep it bumpy in spots, but over all, neither of those two can really be called singletrack anymore. Zer0 chance of clipping a tree with wide bars.

The new Spitty with advance stabilization technology and gnar ready Minion knobs made anything slightly technical out right boring. Next time I go back over there,I'll put the Ardents on. At least I can two wheel drift through turns and roost their hand buffed baby smooth berms.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did no trail work, just rode for three hours. Went to the Flow-easy™ trail system in the next city and wow were the trails blown out. It had gotten so much wider than last year or even a few months ago. Riders absolutely will not ride over roots and rocks bigger than 1.5 in. so they just make the singletrack 6-8 ft. wide, ridiculous.
This describes every public trail back in charlottesville. The only moderately technical trails were on private land or hours away in national forest. Seems folks out here appreciate tech a little more which I love. Feel a bit like a newb in new terrain but I am excited to push my limits, albeit cautiously for my arthritic 42 year old ass.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
This describes every public trail back in charlottesville. The only moderately technical trails were on private land or hours away in national forest. Seems folks out here appreciate tech a little more which I love. Feel a bit like a newb in new terrain but I am excited to push my limits, albeit cautiously for my arthritic 42 year old ass.
Fuck yeah dude !

Having to pay attention to what your riding is one of the single most important aspects of a good soul ride.

I've wanted to ride in the PNW for eons. I just hope it's not all converted to bob sled runs through the forrest by the time I see it.