Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Spirit Airlines
They are in their own category of FUBAR. I was once forced to fly with them because of hurricane disrupting my original travel plan. It was an incredible (not in a good way) experience that culminated with me flying with a ticket that had someone else's name printed on it...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
back from family camping. got in a hike or two. built up a killer firepit. @canadmos -spot was where we parked for the shuttle and stashed creek beers. more people up there riding than i've seen in a while. weather was about perfect.
woke up, packed up, cooked lrge quantities of bacon, etc., headed out. dumped gear, showered, in to work to attempt to convince board of trustees to spend $ on paintings.
That's awesome. I can't wait to come back, hopefully with less rain next time. Maybe also do it earlier in the trip when we aren't knackered from other rides. :D

We had some of these last night talking about NC, again.

There are only 8 left at Norms house. His only solution is that we go back to pickup more beer. :cheers:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
They are in their own category of FUBAR. I was once forced to fly with them because of hurricane disrupting my original travel plan. It was an incredible (not in a good way) experience that culminated with me flying with a ticket that had someone else's name printed on it...
The fucked up part is that this poor doc on the united flight will probably be facing a couple felonies. Trespassing, interfering with a flight, resisting arrest, just off the top of my head.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ummmm, what the hell? Just looked outside and it might as well be 9pm. Its dark as hell and we've got that stupid sideways rain. The weather dude said todays chance of precipitation was 15%.

Shit better clear up by the time I put the bike on the rack.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
The fucked up part is that this poor doc on the united flight will probably be facing a couple felonies. Trespassing, interfering with a flight, resisting arrest, just off the top of my head.
My self defense mechanism in instances like that is a complete evacuation of my bowels. If I'm going down I'm making sure to shit all over everything.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
My self defense mechanism in instances like that is a complete evacuation of my bowels. If I'm going down I'm making sure to shit all over everything.
If I could find a way to channel the divine motivation my bowels had after getting food poisoning way back when then I could put the whole plane out of commission for a day.

:D

See post #34 from this fabulous thread of yore: http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/tell-a-true-but-embarrassing-rediculous-disgusting-story.107436/

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Many moons ago, not long after I started in PDX, had a flight come in rather later than scheduled. Seems that when they had started descent into PDX, an older fella had made a run for the lav, then wouldn't come out, wouldn't respond to crew. So they circle for a while, trying to get the gentleman to reseat himself for landing, and of course he doesn't. Finally, they have to land because of fuel. Tower is informed that there is an uncooperative soul aboard, so along with myself and another couple mechanics there are now a handful of cops waiting at the gate for this plane to land. This is pre 9/11 mind you. Plane shows up, peeps get off, FA tells the cops that the gentleman is still holed up in the lav. Cops go knocking on the door, "police, come out" etc. No response, so I get the pleasure of opening the door. Old dude is huddled in the "corner" of the lav, shit is everywhere. Literal shit, literally everywhere. @Toshi might need to chime in to explain the physiology, but it's by far the most poop I've ever seen, presumably from the rectum of only one person. I've got a pretty strong stomach, but it was pretty difficult to keep everything down in that moment. Old dude is still alive, just horribly, horribly mortified, and as it turns out, not all together there, mentally. Cops tell him he needs to get off and that everyone else is gone. Guy, covered almost head to toe in poop, walks down the aisle, placing his hands on the back of EVERY seat on the way out.

It took us 3 days to get all the parts to replace all the seat covers.

/Coolstorybro

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Guy, covered almost head to toe in poop, walks down the aisle, placing his hands on the back of EVERY seat on the way out.

It took us 3 days to get all the parts to replace all the seat covers.

/Coolstorybro
Was there no back door he could use to get out?!

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Was there no back door he could use to get out?!
There was an aft e-exit on that plane, but none of us thought about, or anticipated, what was about to happen at the time. Would have needed a stair truck or some other mechanism to get him out that way any way as the aft exit sat like 6 feet off the ground.

I agree that United has royally screwed the PR pooch with this one but here's why they were so keen on getting their employees out:

http://www.ajc.com/travel/why-one-day-thunderstorms-turned-into-five-day-delta-meltdown/6iwLZXfRcLKB0w1LAdKvpI/
Need a passenger bill of rights. If you need to get staff someplace, fire up another plane.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
great success with trustees...painting acquisition approved. now in search of beer. that anderson valley is good-most barrel aged stouts go overboard and the taste of alcohol overpowers the beer.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's what happens when you have absolutely *archaic* policies regarding data retention, SHITLOADS of data, and nowhere NEAR enough deduplicated storage. Oh - and no budget... 'cause you know, we're gonna send all that shit to The Cloud. :disgust1:
haha dude, our primary manufacturing inventory system is still interfaced through a fucking DOS telnet

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Halfway done with my extra shift. Can I go home yet? Oh wait, I chose to do this. The things I do to pay the bills...