Quantcast

Mongoose 2007

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
they need the arrow on there b/c people get all confuzed by all the linkage and pivot that forget what happens.

like when you go to a movie and you watch 5 ads you see on tv anyway then 5 previews that suck and you wonder "what am here to see again?"

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
bcd said:
they need the arrow on there b/c people get all confuzed by all the linkage and pivot that forget what happens.

like when you go to a movie and you watch 5 ads you see on tv anyway then 5 previews that suck and you wonder "what am here to see again?"

It's a pull shock, you're confusing everyone again bcd...

:rofl:

L

luelling

bcd said:

The arrow has helped me out few times...I crash, hit my head don't know whats going on. At least I don't get on the bike backwards :rofl:

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
the ecd looks really good. i like it. jsut get rid of that god awful arrow on it. i guess pacific is like "well, it sells bikes in wal-mart..."
if you look at the headtube badge "double M logo" that same logo is rotated and the center of the logo is the arrow your talking about.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005

Let me start by saying I have a ton of respect for all you do and your commitment to the world of bikes and I admire your “buck the norm” attitude when it comes to building.

That said, you have some interesting “people get all confused” bikes on your site.

http://bcdracing.com/history/history.html

http://bcdracing.com/frames/phils/backandside.html

http://bcdracing.com/frames/2x4/alex2x4.html

With the amount of time and effort you’ve put into bikes I’m surprised your slamming another design, especially one who’s history has it’s roots in multiple world cup wins and world championship podiums.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
(sigh)....

Jesus... Guys, let the whole "Wal-Mart" thing go already will ya?:rolleyes:

I dig the new refined graphics package for the frame. The tribal stuff last year distracted from the natural lines of the frame and were a bit gaudy. As far as the "Mongoose M / Arrow" logo built into the spars - hey, if Cove can make a bike that's got the name "G-Spot" plastered on it, then Eric's bike can have an arrow - O.K.?:biggrin:

I think it looks pretty sweet. The more guys and gals who start kicking ass on these things at the races the less everyone is going to be bagging on Mongoose.

I rode one - no complaints here.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I love how everyone bitches and moans, then EC posts and everyone stops. Yeah, they're pretty ugly, but if they ride well I'd be all over it. And $3k is a pretty amazing price for a complete DH bike. And BCD, you can't say anything about ugly bikes.

Does anyone know if there is an ECX this year? I couldn't find it on the Mongoose website.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
Lete be honest 1/2 the DH bikes out there have horrible lines, but who cares what it looks like when the rock garden is coming at you at speed, i just want the damn thing to work.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Yeah, like the lines of a demo really "flow". If Mongoose woulda sold that instead of the ECD, ppl would still talk about how fugly it is instead of how it works.
I do think there might've been a little more asthetically pleasing way to do that downtube, but if it works and is cost effective...
I'm just wishing the EC-X came frame only.

Mudpuppy

Monkey
Oct 20, 2001
Port Orchard/Not WSU
I didn't notice the arrow 'till you guys pointed it out. :clue: I think it's awesome. :banana: Just a funny little way of reminding yourself which end of the bike should go downhill...kinda like the ride faster stickers people have. :happydance:

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
I can't! Everytime I see a mongoose, I always envision seeing them at wal-mart and the trailer-park crowd that gets around on them :disgust1: : :disgust1:
i came from a household that didn't have a lot of money and my first bike was a huffy, so i got my start with a wal mart/ toys r us bike

so i see it as a good thing, not everyone can afford or even needs a high end bike for what they intend to use the bike for, but the fact that they want to use a bike for recreation or transportation is good.

it's like saying everytime i think of Dodge i only can think about a neon, but they also make the viper.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
I can't! Everytime I see a mongoose, I always envision seeing them at wal-mart and the trailer-park crowd that gets around on them :disgust1: : :disgust1:

And there in lies one of the problems in our sport at the moment. It has become very eliteist. Who cares if it came from walmart, people should be happy that people ride. I think jumping into the big-box stores was a good idea it gets your name out, people know who you are. It's very similar to what the car companies are now doing.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
And there in lies one of the problems in our sport at the moment. It has become very eliteist. Who cares if it came from walmart, people should be happy that people ride. I think jumping into the big-box stores was a good idea it gets your name out, people know who you are. It's very similar to what the car companies are now doing.

At every local event I go to, I always see this guy riding a Gary Fisher Joshua X.0 (I think that's it...). Anyway, the thing must be at least 4 years old, has a vanilla r (if it's lucky) and a RS Judy (I think...) fork. And he just pins it with a skater helmet and jeans. Doesn't matter that it's 4" of squish on a track that would like 8. He's out there railin' and nothing but props to that. If a 3,000 buck rig would hold me and my style, I'd be all over it. Doesn't matter if it looks, smells, or tastes like a bag of ass.

Just ride. Just win (If that's what you're in it for).

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
hey if you have to start out on a Wal-mart bike so be it! Growing up I had plenty of friends that road huffys, big deal! However, at my time in shops over the years I got tired of white trash comming into the shop and asking if we had anything cheaper then the $250 bread-n-butter bikes. And when I see a mongoose I directly associate them with Wal-mart because that is where they have been most likely found over the last, what....10 years? So because of thier biggest seller to the community I affiliate Mongoose bikes as being cheap reguardless of what components are put on the frame!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I think most people of my generation (late 20's) think of decades of domination at the races when they think of Mongoose, at least I do.

I think of Leigh's Nicolai, The Amps, Lopes's FTW slalom bikes, the Outlands and the M1's, and of course EC's Turners. And then I realize for the first time ever Mongoose is racing their own bikes, and doing well on them, and that makes me happy...
And the fact that the build kits on the bike are incredible for the price, the geometery is dialed, and the suspension design is proven with nearly 10 years of worldcup racing really makes it all the better.

When it comes to bikes that are made overseas, making judgements about a "brand" is meaningless, as brands are just marketing, and not content.

ghettorigged

lawn dart extraordinare
Apr 8, 2002
Killadelphia
I think most people of my generation (late 20's) think of decades of domination at the races when they think of Mongoose, at least I do.

I think of Leigh's Nicolai, The Amps, Lopes's FTW slalom bikes, the Outlands and the M1's, and of course EC's Turners. And then I realize for the first time ever Mongoose is racing their own bikes, and doing well on them, and that makes me happy...
And the fact that the build kits on the bike are incredible for the price, the geometery is dialed, and the suspension design is proven with nearly 10 years of worldcup racing really makes it all the better.

When it comes to bikes that are made overseas, making judgements about a "brand" is meaningless, as brands are just marketing, and not content.
it IS good to see that they stopped racing Brian's M1, um, i mean Mongoose and started to design and race their own stuff.

But I wouldn't want to ride an advertisement for what is very commonly known NOW as a department store bike.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
hey if you have to start out on a Wal-mart bike so be it! Growing up I had plenty of friends that road huffys, big deal! However, at my time in shops over the years I got tired of white trash comming into the shop and asking if we had anything cheaper then the $250 bread-n-butter bikes. And when I see a mongoose I directly associate them with Wal-mart because that is where they have been most likely found over the last, what....10 years? So because of thier biggest seller to the community I affiliate Mongoose bikes as being cheap reguardless of what components are put on the frame!
thats to bad, because what you see as a pain in the ass i see as a chance to turn a new person onto bikes.

no doubt the bikes from wal mart are cheap no matter what parts you put on them and i've heard all the stories of the guy who comes in and wants his wal mart bike tuned up

but it's a perfect chance to say "hey the cheaper bikes are found at wal mart and when that thing wears out you should come back here and we can hook you up with a bike that will last a bit longer"

as most people who have spent any time on the new Mongoose bikes can tell you, they are far from the wal mart bikes you speak of,
maybe it will just take time for some to realize that all companies not just bike companies can have cheaper priced products as well as expensive
i guess it's just in how different people look at things?