Quantcast

Monkey Elvis GMT

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Started my de-fatting yesterday and I'm a little sore. 20 minutes fast on the trainer and 20 minutes of yoga. Tonight is another 20 minutes on the trainer then weights. I'm shooting for at least 5 days a week, but shall see how long that lasts. The yoga really helps with the balance and flexibility.

It's sad I've gotten this soft, but I've been 60 pounds heavier than this before, so I've been worse. :rofl:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
have lost 10# since stopping heavy beer intake. now need to get cardio back up correspondingly...doc gave me another few weeks before back on bike. 50% improvement on visual memory and improvement on reaction/processing speed up to 90th percentile. might just ride some greenway anyway because the bike in the gym is boring.

otherwise, just chug chug chugging along.

Muddy

ancient crusty bog dude
Jul 7, 2013
Free Soda Refills at Fuddruckers
have lost 10# since stopping heavy beer intake. now need to get cardio back up correspondingly...doc gave me another few weeks before back on bike. 50% improvement on visual memory and improvement on reaction/processing speed up to 90th percentile. might just ride some greenway anyway because the bike in the gym is boring.

Have not had any alcohol so far this year. Being more strict w/ my diet also. No idea my weight currently compared to last year - around 190-195lbs my guess. Taking a slow-season last year after doing some significant damage to my hand has me back at the gym now, accelerating calorie burn and improving digestion.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark

I am not saying the bike is fun but find some good podcasts and it not that difficult to get through and hour I find. Sorry if I missed what happened to you?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I woke up at 5:15 to run, got dressed, looked outside and saw that it was pouring rain, said FTS and went back to bed. I'll get something in at some point on this WFH day. Somehow crammed in with all of this marathon training, I've logged 700 indoor bike miles already this year.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got notification this morning that my shock is out for delivery.

I was just taking a dump near the front door, heard a truck pull up, dude walk up to the door and put something in the mailbox. Guy put a delivery notice in there and didn't even try to knock or anything. If I wasn't occupied, I should have just swung the door open. :banghead:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Rain wasn't supposed to start until 1030 this morning. So I got out before 8, thinking I could get a couple of hours in. By 830 I'd had enough of being soaked by the rain and turned around. Won't be able to ride tomorrow or Friday, so hopefully nicer weather at the weekend.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Post Arizona depression settling in.

For the weight weenies, now two pounds away from being in the 140s.... At 6'-1". :twitch:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I haven't seen waffling like this since I went to IHOP
No waffling here my man. The wife felt she had issues with alcohol, so she quit. I have no such issues, but not drinking with her is a non issue. In 2010 I was 298# and taking up to 12 pills of 4 different medications (depression and anxiety mostly). I switched meds (green) and was 210# and better adjusted in 8 months. Have been relatively stable since.

Yes I'm 238# today, but this is only day 2 :rofl:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Still fighting some anxiety crisis fun times. Had difficulty getting to sleep, this time it was thinking about this job that I had, and how absolutely fucking awful it was, and questioning my value in life. Then I woke up, and was like "Why the fuck would I care about that guy [my former boss]" and felt a lot better about life. This is the guy who would dock me a full day of vacation if I came in to work at 1:30 and worked a half day- he was a fucking asshole. I've never been treated the same way before or after despite generally working the same way, so I think the problem may have been with him.

Anyways, my commuter is all set up, panniers on the way.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
With all the fat talk, I too have been considering going back to my intermittent fasting. It worked well for me, and I am struggling with finding time to work out. Something something full time job and a parent. Not eating two days a week saw me lose almost 30 lb and has some serious health benefits if you follow published evidence.