Quantcast

:monkey::monkey::monkey:DeuceDay:monkey::monkey::monkey:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I should go ride a bicycle while it's not raining this morning.

Going to wait an hour for it to warm up slightly and the frost to melt off.

edit: severe lack of :monkey: in the thread title.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

68 here yesterday, perfectly normal February weather. Nothing to see here move along.

No thanks to the mechanic that I had look at my forklift I determined that it is a vacuum issue and is not making the timing advance. It also may have skipped time a little. Super neat. I gave up and took it to a guy that only works on older carb engines.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Sleep proved elusive, so here I am in the office, a good hour before even the earliest people get in. Still boggles my mind that some peeps roll in around 10 or 11.

Got the stairwell trim up. Once the adhesive dries it'll be time to cut treads and risers. Time to get busy with a stack of red oak.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Time to go out and win I guess
ain't no one winning by being up before fyve ay ehm EST.

wish i was still :lazy2: bit alas, up getting the rugrats going. head dr. appt later this am. he'd better utilize some sort of objective measure of progress this time or i ain't going back and will determine myself when my concussion is fixed. so there! not much else...just wfh and helping wifey out.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Got home around 4, crawled into bed just after 7, slept all damn night. The good news is that my box with several thousand dollars worth of my personal tools and another full of miscellaneous aircraft parts has disappeared into the ether, so it looks like I'm doing fuck all at work today.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Up at 3, existential crisis, back to sleep after 4. Turned off the fivayem alarm. got my commuter shit at work, so I can attempt to ride in and not stink up our tiny office. Not sure I made the right choice with this job....

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Bicycled a bicycle, 26miles/3500ft of the vert. Thankfully less flooded areas to deal with than there has been for the last week, but still plenty wet out there.

You'll also all be jealous to know I slept great, RHR down to 45bpm which is 5 less than living at 7500ft at home.

(edit: as low as 41bpm several times in the night, so not sure how my fitbit calculates RHR)

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I've known my wife for 27 years and with her annual pay increase that she got yesterday she has now finally surpassed me in annual salary. Bunch of fuckin bullshit.
Wife has always earned way more than me when salaried. Unfortunately two redundancies in the last 4 years keep interrupting my plans to be a kept man.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
all 4 dogs played dogpile on dad when my alarm went off, no falling back asleep at that point. For some reason I am organized this morning. I have 45 minutes before I leave for work and all my crap is already done. Guess I will surf the web for a while. Going to swing by AAA after work and see if I can get my kayak trailer registered.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
swear a lot during the presentation. blame your new medication.
One of the specific sections they wanted us to cover was career development. This is presenting to the guys who specifically chose the young guy who I've mentored, over me. I initially left that page of the .pptx as n/a, but my boss wanted me to put something in there. I pushed him on that and he said it's a matter of not pissing off the people who make decisions at the end of the day. So I just replaced it with "define the next steps in my career path", which isn't worth much more. I figure that if I'm pushed, I can just address it as "I'm really looking at what those growth opportunities for my career would be. Those that take advantage of, and value my experience and CFP..." You know, something snarky but professional.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I've known my wife for 27 years and with her annual pay increase that she got yesterday she has now finally surpassed me in annual salary. Bunch of fuckin bullshit.
All but the first three years for me. But alas, my healthcare is so damned good it largely keeps me anchored. Gawd, I fucking hate this country's structure.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
One of the specific sections they wanted us to cover was career development. This is presenting to the guys who specifically chose the young guy who I've mentored, over me. I initially left that page of the .pptx as n/a, but my boss wanted me to put something in there. I pushed him on that and he said it's a matter of not pissing off the people who make decisions at the end of the day. So I just replaced it with "define the next steps in my career path", which isn't worth much more. I figure that if I'm pushed, I can just address it as "I'm really looking at what those growth opportunities for my career would be. Those that take advantage of, and value my experience and CFP..." You know, something snarky but professional.
Throat punching is frowned upon in your profession, isn’t it ? Shame

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
This has never been an issue. But my wife whom I've known for 10 years has been employed the entire time we've been together. That's all I've ever asked, but it seems that is a challenge for some folks.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I agree. The problem is she is on my work insurance which is much better than what her work offers.
My work salary is good but my insurance is crap. The wife works for the insurrer, so our benefits are golden. She made WAY more money as a hygienist, but got zero benefits.

She did 15 years before her body started breaking down. She said nobody ever talked about career longevity when she was in school. Turns out most folks can do it for about 10-15 years. She would have gone into nursing had she known it wasn't 20+ year career.