Quantcast

More Anti-French stuff...

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
OMG that person is the biggest focking idiot. The friggen US wouldn't exsite if it wasn't for the French who actaully did the real fighting againts the British the French gave the statue of Liberty as a present to the US what the hell is the problem with the fing americans your stupid war is the most retarded idea ever and i'm happy that atleast france has enough pride to stand up against you morons.:angry: :angry: :angry: :devil:
I'm don't hate all americans just i don't like the ones that think they should make a war out of nothing:devil:

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
oh oh.......... :nope:

JMAC, maybe you should edit your post before its too late...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Originally posted by JMAC
OMG that person is the biggest focking idiot. The friggen US wouldn't exsite if it wasn't for the French who actaully did the real fighting againts the British the French gave the statue of Liberty as a present to the US what the hell is the problem with the fing americans your stupid war is the most retarded idea ever and i'm happy that atleast france has enough pride to stand up against you morons.:angry: :angry: :angry: :devil:
I'm don't hate all americans just i don't like the ones that think they should make a war out of nothing:devil:
Tell us how you really feel. :monkey:

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Those buried in France should have the right to remain out of this new war instead of serving as political tools IMO.

If the americans have any respect for their soldiers who died there in WW2 in the name of freedom or whatever reason to fight Dubya likes to give these days, they should just leave them resting in peace. The already died in a war, they should not be disturbed for another one.

Get a f'ing grip!

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
If anything this should teach the rest of the world never to disagree with America, or else they face our wrath. :rolleyes:

now where did I leave that bandwagon patriot gif...

FlipSide

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Originally posted by Tenchiro
this should teach the rest of the world never to disagree with America, or else they face our wrath. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

Sounds like a great plan!

:dead:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Come on JMAC, you know as well as everyone else that all countries involved are serving their own agenda. France is staying out of it for economic reasons, not some grand stance.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by FlipSide
Those buried in France should have the right to remain out of this new war instead of serving as political tools IMO.

If the americans have any respect for their soldiers who died there in WW2 in the name of freedom or whatever reason to fight Dubya likes to give these days, they should just leave them resting in peace. The already died in a war, they should not be disturbed for another one.

Get a f'ing grip!
I agree. These are dead heros not house plants. You don't just dig them up and take them with you when you have an argument. They died horrible deaths, at least let them rest in peace.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Originally posted by LordOpie
Come on JMAC, you know as well as everyone else that all countries involved are serving their own agenda. France is staying out of it for economic reasons, not some grand stance.

...Chirac has some sort of enlightened stance on war and suffering. The French were all about war until they were no longer the big kid on the block. Look at their history and stop wishing that you were a REAL Frenchman. France has economic incentive to keep Saddam in power. Chirac's not worried about Saddam supplying terrorists because they aren't threatening the Arc de Triumph, the Louvre or the Eiffel Tower! Almost nobody really LIKES the idea of war, but we don't want Saddam to supply some fringe Muslim extremist with a biological or chemical agent to be used on our soil...or yours. 9/11 has instilled in many Americans a sense of urgency when it comes to dealing with terrorists that is not yet felt in lands AS OF YET unscarred. Everybody closes their shades on a mugging until the violence comes home to roost!

:rolleyes:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Booker
I agree. These are dead heros not house plants. You don't just dig them up and take them with you when you have an argument. They died horrible deaths, at least let them rest in peace.
Wait a second... the US government is NOT asking for all these people to be returned. INDIVIDUALS, related to the fallen soldiers are asking for their return and the US govt. is assisting them. Is that not their (family's) right?

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
HEHEHE well atleast i got people talking anyways ya i ranted off SORRY:D but still no one should say something so stupid as that congress women.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by -BB-
Wait a second... the US government is NOT asking for all these people to be returned. INDIVIDUALS, related to the fallen soldiers are asking for their return and the US govt. is assisting them. Is that not their (family's) right?
I understand that the government has no hand in this. I was directing my statement at the family members of the fallen. I also understand this is their right, i just don't agree with their choice. (even though it is THEIR choice)

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Ah yes those peace loving French:

http://archive.greenpeace.org/~comms/rw/pkbomb.html

...and then there's....

2. Description
The French colony of Mururoa Atoll is located in the southeast corner of the Taumotu archipelago in French Polynesia. France began atmospheric nuclear testing in the colony in 1966 because Algeria had ceased being a nuclear test site option when the Algeria gained independence in 1962. Since 1974, France has conducted underground tests due to guidelines of the Non-Prolifer- ation Treaty (NPT).(1) There have been 41 atmospheric tests and 138 underground tests from 1966 to 1992.(2) Former French president, Francois Mitterand, ceased nuclear testing in 1992 due to NPT obligations. To international disbelief, Jacques Chirac announced in June 1995 that France would lift the three year moratorium and resume underground nuclear tests in the South Pacific. Despite the end of the Cold War and decreased security tensions, France conducted eight tests between September 1995 and May 1996. Six of the eight tests were completed on the following dates: Sept. 5, 1993; Oct. 1, 1995; Oct. 27, 1995; Nov. 22, 1995; Dec.27, 1995 and Jan. 27, 1996.(3)(4)
France justified the tests as models to help create computer simulations that would eradicate future testing. The results of France resuming nuclear testing have environmental and political implications. The intersection of political and environmental issues produces cultural, social, and economic results that are seen through peace protests, independence movements, and trade boycotts.

A. Environmental Issues

The exact effects of the French nuclear tests will not be known for years. The French government is very secretive about releasing information about environmental hazards associated with nuclear testing. There is lack of statistical research to assess the risks to the people in the South Pacific. Due to pressure from the European Union and the scientific community, France has conducted several tests to assess the health and environmental risks associated with the nuclear tests. Working with the French government, Jacques Cousteau and his team explored damage to the Mururoa atoll for six days in June 1987. Cousteau, however, had limited time, resources, and access.(5) In February of 1996, France invited the United Nations organization, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), to officially release all nuclear security data. This is a non-governmental scientific study where the results have yet to be seen. In 1994, the IAEA set a resolution for all states to fulfill their international responsibilities to ensure that nuclear testing sites have no detrimental health or environmental impacts.

France's nuclear testing in the South Pacific, especially in Mururoa, has inflicted long-term environmental damage to the geographical structuring of the atoll. Radiation has seeped into the fissures of the atoll. A French map from 1980 shows that years of nuclear testing have cracked the atoll.(6) Several scientists have concluded that previous nuclear testing caused fissuring in by destroying the coral and the altering land plates. Dr. Murray Matthews from the National Radiation Lab in New Zealand discusses the spread of radioactive material from wind storms and rains.(7) Pierre Vincent, a vulcanologist, stated "that further tests could rupture the rock and release radionuclides from underground cavities."(8) The long-term effects increase the risk of landslides and tsunami, seismic tidal waves. Future shocks from underground explosions could induce a tsunami that could submerge all of Polynesia. Radioactive leaks also increase the risks to aquatic life in the surrounding area.

The nuclear tests increase the potential risks to humans and aquatic life. The French government insists that the intense heat from the blasts vitrifies the rock and traps all radioactivity before it can escape, but when there are leaks, the amount of radioactive elements (cesium, tritium, and iodine) vanish quickly before inflicting harm on the environment.(10) Excessive amounts of iodine 131, however, can cause thyroid disease and cancer. Tests conducted on survivors from Hiroshima and Nagasaki show that amounts registered at 500 miliSievert (mS) can cause cancer and birth defects. It is not clear, however, how much the islanders at French Polynesia have been exposed. Labs from New Zealand and Australia estimate that they have received about one mS.(11) Furthermore, little plutonium from past tests gets into the food chain because it can inflict harm on human and aquatic life in the future.

B. Political Issues

There are also political implications involved with the French nuclear testing. It is a political status symbol for France to possess nuclear capabilities as well as a symbol of colonialism. The nuclear testing is in "complete contradiction to France as the cradle of democracy and human rights."(12) French Polynesia is economically dependent on France, therefore, helpless in resisting nuclear tests. The French government has lost a considerable amount of political legitimacy in the colonies and at the international level. For example, France was nearly brought before the European Court of Justice for possible violation of the 1957 Euratom Treaty. Under the treaty, France is obligated to provide data to the European Commission to ensure that safety guidelines are met. In July 1995, France gave information, but has refused to provide further information in October, 1995. A case was not established because France halted tests in February 1996. France's decision to resume testing also jeopardizes international cooperation to establish a nuclear weapons-free world. Chirac's decision undermines Frances' commitment to the NPT and the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty in May 1996. Chirac notes that a "country that wants to live in security should not lower its guard...in a very uncertain world."(13) Others disagree. Frances's actions "remind us of the threats and horrors that haunted the collective imagination during the Cold War years" as stated by Brazil's Foreign Minister Luiz Felipe Lampreia on September 25, 1995.(14)

C. The Intersection: Cultural, Social, and Economic issues
In 1985, French commandos blew up the Greenpeace ship, Rainbow Warrior that had mounted nuclear protests on the sea. Again, on September 1, the French navy seized the Greenpeace ship, Rainbow Warrior II and MV Greenpeace after the vessel had crossed the 12-mile exclusion zone that the French had declared around the Mururoa test site. Greenpeace is suing the French government for violation of civil rights and kidnapping and monetary reparations.(15) In addition, several Polynesia citizens have filed suits against the French government for violation of human rights.(16) The National Union of Scientists publicly condemned the French government and circulated petitions demanding that the tests not be resumed.(17)

Anti-nuclear protests occurred around the world. In Vancouver, nine protesters chained themselves to the French consulate. In Ottawa, demonstrators established the Cafe Bombe, outside the French Embassy, a mock restaurant serving bomb-shaped cakes with sparklers. On Bastille Day, July 14, protesters in New Zealand dumped manure outside the French ambassador's residence, French Polynesians burned a French flag at a rally in Sydney, and protesters held a candlelight vigil in Fiji.(18) At the beginning of the nuclear testing in September, riots and protest occurred in Tahiti, the capital of French Polynesia. Marchers wore T-shirts and banners demanding independence in light of the nuclear testing.

Economic boycotts have symbolized international discontent with France's actions. Trade boycotts are most prominent in New Zealand, Australia, and Japan. Restaurants around the world have boycotted French products. For example, Beaujolais wine is a food product that has been particularly targeted. DeBoeuf Beaujolais had 44,000 cases valued as $270,000 canceled.(19) In 1995, tourism declined by 8% or by 15,000 fewer tourists while Club Med's resorts lost $1 million in profits.(20) The French air craft manufacturer Dassault lost a contract worth $370 million because they were banned from bidding in Australia. New Zealand also has suspended a contract pertaining to French surface-to-air missiles.(21)

3. Duration: COMPLETE (1966-96)
The tests were officially stopped in February 1996 and international condemnations ended when France signed the NPT on May 1, 1996
The time frame of French nuclear testing in the South Pacific has lasted periodically about 28 years. France began nuclear testing in Mururoa Atoll in 1966. These tests were atmospheric until 1974 when they were underground because of the NPT. Former French president, Francois Mitterand ceased testing in 1992 due to international non-proliferation obligations. On September 1995, under President Jacques Chirac, France resumed and extended nuclear testing in French Polynesia. Six of the eight tests were completed up until February 1996. France continued to sign the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty in May 1996.

France already has strong economic ties with Iraq in the oil and armament industries, perhaps they are looking to expand into the Nuclear?

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
thank god there are french people. your right, we NEED them and are forever in debt to their greatness.........

SHUT-UP:nuts:

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by the BIG cheese
thank god there are french people. your right, we NEED them and are forever in debt to their greatness.........

SHUT-UP:nuts:
Well at least the french don't resort to kicking people in the nuts.;)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Jozz
oh oh.......... :nope:

JMAC, maybe you should edit your post before its too late...
Well I am so greatful that France defeted all the enemies in WWI & WW2 to save the Americans:rolleyes: Guess you're right, they have stuck their necks out for our sorry asses from day one:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :angry: Please learn some history, and please hope that you never go to war and ask tyhe US for help. I know France will be there for yah:rolleyes: :angry:

Well I am so greatful that France defeted all the enemies in WWI & WW2 to save the Americans Guess you're right, they have stuck their necks out for our sorry asses from day one Please learn some history, and please hope that you never go to war and ask tyhe US for help. I know France will be there for yah
no joke :rolleyes: . I like the comment that Leno made about france and germany not backing the U.S., "if it wasn't for the US, france would be speaking german".

Isn't france suppose to have a large al queda network? I think that and economic reasons are why they are staying out, not to be "civil". If france helped the US you can bet that there would be a huge increase in terroristic actions.

Arutha

Monkey
Nov 26, 2002
Western PA
I was in Paris for 4 days once. It was painful. The only good thing about it was leaving. Oh and my wife understanding why I don't like the French. Now she doesn't like them either. :D

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
The following Letter to the Editor was copied from the Greensboro News &
Record:

It's "déjà vu" all over again. Think about this: It's the late 1930s. A
dictator, with a funny mustache, of a country that had been defeated in a
war
the previous decade, is now breaking the terms of the war ending treaty.
He
has armed his country beyond that needed solely for defense and is eyeing
expansion of its borders but he has convinced the French that he is for
peace
and has no intentions of further aggression. Britain and its ally, the
United States, don't believe him, but the French view prevails. In the
meantime, this dictator is forming ethnic cleansing by gassing and killing
a
minority sect in his country. The French do nothing. Their country is
overrun and now the British and the Americans have to come to their rescue
in
spite of heavy antiwar sentiment in America.
Fast-forward about 60 years. A dictator, with a funny mustache, of a
country
that was defeated in a war the previous decade, is now breaking all the
terms
of the war ending treaty. He has used gas on an undesirable sect in his
country. He denies he has arms of mass destruction. The French believe
him.
Germany agrees. The Americans and their ally Great Britain do not. They
want to remove this threat before history repeats itself. Again, there is
heavy antiwar sentiment in America. Déjà vu.
Perhaps American and British leaders again will rid the world of this
menace,
just as Roosevelt and Churchill did 60 years ago.

Mideast Mystery?????
>
> > > > > Everyone seems to be wondering why
> Muslim terrorists are so
> > > > > quick to commit suicide. Lets see
> now... No beer, No booze, No
> > > > > bars, No television, No cheerleaders,
> No baseball, No football, No
> > > > > basketball, No hockey, and No tailgate
> parties No pork BBQ, No
> > > > > hot-dogs, No burgers, No lobster, No
> shellfish, or even frozen fish
> > > > > sticks. Rags For clothes, towels for
> hats. Constant wailing from the
> > > > > guy next door because he is sick and
> there are no doctors. 24 hour
> > > > > wailing from a guy in the tower. You
> can't shave. Your wife can't
> > > > > shave. You can't shower to wash off the
> smell of donkey cooked over
> > > > > burning camel dung. The women have to
> wear baggy dresses, and veils
> > > > > at all times. Your bride is picked by
> someone else. She smells just
> > like
> > > > > your donkey, but your donkey has a
> better disposition. Then they
> tell
> > > > > you it all gets better when you die. NO
> MYSTERY HERE
> > >

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Quite correct; they resort to sucking people's nuts to fluff 'em up before bending over and biting the pillow. :p
:think: You know way too much about the porn industry... former or current employment or just a hobby for you? :D :D :D

Hey! It's a joke... :evil:

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Thoughts about the French:
> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"France announced today that it plans to ban fireworks at Euro Disney.
Reason: Last night's display caused soldiers at a nearby French army garrison to surrender."
> >*******************
If you want to get France involved in a war with Iraq, you must first convince them that Saddam is hiding fields of truffles.
Comedian on the Tonight Show
> >******************
Q: What do you call a group of 100,000 Frenchman with their hands in the air?
A: The army.
> >******************
Q: How many French men does it take to defend Paris?
A: Nobody knows.
> >******************
Q: Why does the new French Navy have glass-bottom boats?
A: So they can see the old French Navy....
> >******************
Q: How can you recognize a French veteran?
A: Sunburned armpits.
> >******************
Q: Did you hear about the old French rifles for sale on Ebay?
A: Dropped once, never fired.
> >******************
Q: Where do you find 60 million French jokes?
A: France.
> >******************
Q: What's the difference between a Wonderbra and the French World Cup squad?
A: A Wonderbra has support and a cup.
> >******************
Q: Why do the French eat snails?
A: Faster reactions.
> >******************
Jay Leno says it's no surprise the French won't help us get Saddam Hussein out of Iraq. They didn't help us get Germany out of France. Still,we need their help. They can teach the Iraqis to surrender.
> >******************
Jay Leno, a few summers ago:
"France is now being hit by an extreme heat-wave, so the French
government is advising its citizens to "stay indoors and do nothing". You know, like in WWII...."
> >******************
In 1966 upon being told that Charles DeGaulle had taken France out of NATO and that all U.S. Troops must be evacuated off of French soil, Dean Rusk and Charles DeGaulle had a meeting. At end of the meeting Dean asked DeGaulle if his order to remove all U.S. troops from French soil also included the 60,000+ soldier buried in France from World War I and II.
DeGaulle didn't answer.
> >******************
Give the French a break. They did win the French Revolutionary War
..... but they were fighting the French.

FOR SALE: RIFLE, Never used, dropped only once

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Well I am so greatful that France defeted all the enemies in WWI & WW2 to save the Americans:rolleyes: Guess you're right, they have stuck their necks out for our sorry asses from day one:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :angry: Please learn some history, and please hope that you never go to war and ask tyhe US for help. I know France will be there for yah:rolleyes: :angry:
I can't stand this kind of talk--- Actually taking some kind of credit, supposedly passed down through the lineage for entering WW2? Yeah, let's keep acting like it was some action we personally took the other day..... :rolleyes:

Stellite

Monkey
Feb 21, 2002
ManASSas, VA
Originally posted by Moogie
idiots. im half belgian, and that stuff makes me sick. thats ludicrous that they would even think of that. shows you what this country is coming too. arg.
From your sig, I thought that you where a Ferengi:D

Jun 13, 2002
NH
The whole world wanted to leave hitler alone too!
All af europe would be speaking German now if we wouldn't have done something then!
War is not a good thing, but sometimes war is necessary to save additional lives.
There are 38,000 AMERICAN graves on the hill overlooking Omaha Beach, Normandy FRANCE.
These AMERICANS gave up their lives so that the french could be set free!
Now, they turn on us? How soon they forget!
Now if we don't do something, and we get attacked AGAIN.
The american citizens will once again blame our own government for not doing something.
Do you like freedom of speech? freedom to Vote? Freedom to travel where you want, when you want?
That's what I support!
Those rag toting pukes view US as the enemy. Not the army, not the president. US! You and me and our children.
And they teach that way of thinking to their kids IN SCHOOL!
THEY have declared Jihad on us!
Do you know what that means? It means that ANYONE of any Christian religion is a target. Anyone!
I didn't / wouldn't vote for Bush but he's got a job to do. Let him do it!
Not to mention, What about our troops?
Don't show them that they fight for nothing! They fight for us! They die for us!
All so we can sit here in our nice warm houses on a saturday and take freedom for granted.
Well, I don't.
I believe in America.
I buy American.
I'd lay down my life in a heart beat to protect my child and the freedom she deserves.
Any society that puts religion before their own children's well being should be put down.
Want to sign a pettition?
How's this: Make a pettition to Saddam saying. We want peace, We don't want the AMERICAN War machine to trample you're cities, killing you're children.
But it CAN AND WILL!
So, cooperate, and live in peace!
They started it, now we finish it.
Oh and another thing...
French fries are now called Frog fries.
Order them in a resturaunt and see what happens. LOL
PS. I am of french descent. Sorry, it's my greatest shame.

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by seanaza
The whole world wanted to leave hitler alone too!
All af europe would be speaking German now if we wouldn't have done something then!
War is not a good thing, but sometimes war is necessary to save additional lives.
There are 38,000 AMERICAN graves on the hill overlooking Omaha Beach, Normandy FRANCE.
These AMERICANS gave up their lives so that the french could be set free!
Now, they turn on us? How soon they forget!
Now if we don't do something, and we get attacked AGAIN.
The american citizens will once again blame our own government for not doing something.
Do you like freedom of speech? freedom to Vote? Freedom to travel where you want, when you want?
That's what I support!
Those rag toting pukes view US as the enemy. Not the army, not the president. US! You and me and our children.
And they teach that way of thinking to their kids IN SCHOOL!
THEY have declared Jihad on us!
Do you know what that means? It means that ANYONE of any Christian religion is a target. Anyone!
I didn't / wouldn't vote for Bush but he's got a job to do. Let him do it!
Not to mention, What about our troops?
Don't show them that they fight for nothing! They fight for us! They die for us!
All so we can sit here in our nice warm houses on a saturday and take freedom for granted.
Well, I don't.
I believe in America.
I buy American.
I'd lay down my life in a heart beat to protect my child and the freedom she deserves.
Any society that puts religion before their own children's well being should be put down.
Want to sign a pettition?
How's this: Make a pettition to Saddam saying. We want peace, We don't want the AMERICAN War machine to trample you're cities, killing you're children.
But it CAN AND WILL!
So, cooperate, and live in peace!
They started it, now we finish it.
Oh and another thing...
French fries are now called Frog fries.
Order them in a resturaunt and see what happens. LOL
PS. I am of french descent. Sorry, it's my greatest shame.
Well said. It amazes me how many people think Bush wants to go to war because of his ego or something. That's BS. Like him or not, he is our leader and is doing what he has to do to defend our country. How quickly everyone forgets what actually happened on 9/11/01. Islam declared war on US! We MUST defend ourselves. If we don't, then the whole world will be wearing turbans and bowing to allah one day.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Maybe you should learn some history in WW2 the US did shlt for France it wasn't until they were attacked in Pearl Harbour by Japan that they did anything. The US didn't go into ww2 to help it was to save their sorry asses.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Maybe you should learn some history in WW2 the US did shlt for France it wasn't until they were attacked in Pearl Harbour by Japan that they did anything. The US didn't go into ww2 to help it was to save their sorry asses.
You're right, the US sucks big time. Please make sure you don't purchase any goods from our sorry ass country, especially bike parts. From what I understand, France makes the best bike parts in the world hands down, along with the best cars and I don't want to forget all the other fine products in the world they make. Do youself a favor and don't comunicate with our pathetic country.

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
Moving dead bodies might bring justice to WW2 for some.

Bringing the soldiers home would certainly change history after all these years.

Overall the topic is a little bit morbid and could of come up at another time. Perhaps it should.

France has a history for being a real thorn in the side of the rest of the world. I've almost gotten used to their outrageous foreign policies. Not surprised by their stance anymore.

Just sick of arguing with french people for no good reason.