i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I don't know how to link photos.

http://www.mtbr.com/interbike/booths/bikecontrol/

reflux for teh win.
Hey at least they mention all the crappy ones:

"Shockster Seatpost Suspension Full Suspension (URT Design)"

They forgot softtail. Those take the cake especially when they are undamped:busted:

Oh and slingshot and softride...

Damn this new softride product actually looks kinda useful - WTH? Has anyone checked it out before:

http://www.softride.com/rack-products/specifications/versa_rack

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It seems more people are just posting stuff that is unnecessary or not suited for themselves rather than truly useless other than maybe the Super Monster :D
You can't possibly think there's a reasonable use for that Super Monster'd, double DHX'd behemoth.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
You can't possibly think there's a reasonable use for that Super Monster'd, double DHX'd behemoth.
Well it already has a super monster so by default its broken:monkey:

That Softride rack looks kinda cool other than claimed weight is kinda low at 33 lbs (but and it seems to be sold at major sporting good store...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It's a jumpstop. Basically it goes below/ behind the front derailleur, and keeps the chain from falling off the inner chaineing.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
:cheers:
The bikes I was referring to are a couple of cross bikes, and a touring bike.
Some of the CX riders I know run a single ring up front with a thin carbon bash guard outside and the jump stop on the inside. Keeps it nice and light and works well in mud. Could you imagine an E13 SRS on a cross bike? :clapping: :imstupid:

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Bar ends, foam grips, and optical gear displays.
I have to disagree with the foam grips. Yeah, most are absolute junk, but the Ritchey true grips are pretty decent. A lot of people around here run them and have no complaints.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
I have to disagree with the foam grips. Yeah, most are absolute junk, but the Ritchey true grips are pretty decent. A lot of people around here run them and have no complaints.
Back in the day when ultra light XC and terrible ano. color were the rage, I used them too. They were good. Most foam grips suck though...

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Why the hell would you want a 1x9/10 road bike?
Actually ran mine 44x11-27 for a while. Messed up front shifter forced me into it, and it actually worked really well. Really only lost a little of the high and low ends.

And JumpStop FTW. My 1x9 hardtail likes it with a bashring; no need for a full on chainguide that way.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Are you advocating unfinished aluminum parts? Or are you in favor of anodizing everything? Either way, not a good solution.
What's wrong with ano? Have you seen Giant's new ano finishes - polished, bead blast, and anodized - they look great and its durable. After owning various finishes I would pick a good anodized finish if available.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Gotta disagree with you on this one.
They are almost essential for a frame that uses full cable housing all the way from the shifter to the deraileur.
My SX Trail has no cable stops for the rear drl. and I'm running an old XTR drl.
well I wouldn't buy a bike that was so poorly designed to need a rollamajig...oh and all you have to do is get a SRAM dérailleur and it's taken care of...D