Quantcast

Mount Snow Updates

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Rain. It's pretty wet up here right now, but the locals are telling me that it's not going to rain anymore. :rolleyes: We shall see. Coming up from NC, we ran out from under the hurricane about 3 or 4 hours south of Vermont, so uhhh, who knows what'll happen. I'm ready for some mud. Just too bad that I've preregistered for DS already. It's gonna be interesting. Looks like there are a ton of racers here already. Pro pits look solid.

I'll update tomorrow after pro/expert practice...:cool:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
motomike said:
Rain. It's pretty wet up here right now, but the locals are telling me that it's not going to rain anymore. :rolleyes: We shall see. Coming up from NC, we ran out from under the hurricane about 3 or 4 hours south of Vermont, so uhhh, who knows what'll happen. I'm ready for some mud. Just too bad that I've preregistered for DS already. It's gonna be interesting. Looks like there are a ton of racers here already. Pro pits look solid.

I'll update tomorrow after pro/expert practice...:cool:
damn...I gotta read this stuff on the web...no email?

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
as a spectator is it pretty easy to get around.???..I am assuming you just take the lift up and walk down.??..I can't wait to see some downhilling...

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
motomike said:
You're right. It's clearing up right now. Sun and blue skies are on the way...:love:
how are those evil black flys Mike? One bite and you need a transfusion!

Oh...and are you gonna stay for the naked crit? After witnessing all the hot XC chics at Sugar, I'm holding out hope for a good "turnout"...:clue:

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
bizutch said:
Oh...and are you gonna stay for the naked crit? After witnessing all the hot XC chics at Sugar, I'm holding out hope for a good "turnout"...:clue:
$20 says you will primarily see drunk clothed guys wanting to see naked hot chicks and drunk naked guys riding and wanting to see naked hot chicks. but one can only hope that niki gudex decides to join in on the fun. :love:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Update: The DH course is soo much fun! So fast and so many places to gap and jump. It was nice that it was a little wet to start with, because now there are some really nice ruts and lines forming. The "DS" course is fun as well. As stated by someone else, it starts off as a DS course (ala Sugar), then both lanes join into a little stepup, and then it's Dual. Two doubles, and nice soft berm, stepup, small drop, triple stepdown(very very small), then a nice big berm, and it's back to DS. One berm each and a tabletop later, it's over. Kinda fun. It's gonna get hectic.

Probably a good idea to put Riffle in your top 3 over on Litter. Dude was killing it today.

later

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
I hear they are changing the ds course to complete dual top to bottom after Pro complaints. And they changed the ex/pro course ending halfway thru practice without notice !! In now ends on the sport/beg course.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Sometimes I wish I lived on the east coast for the race scene. Oh well, everything but that's better in the west I guess. :D

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
ViciousDHer said:
I hear they are changing the ds course to complete dual top to bottom after Pro complaints. And they changed the ex/pro course ending halfway thru practice without notice !! In now ends on the sport/beg course.
i heard geoff had an accident...hows his head?

Moto- will i need to have my float swapped from 80-100mm on my dna for ds? I heard the course is pretty rough...(but fun)

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
his face is a little messed up from His goggles and a slight concussion. Have to wait and see for tomorrow and Saturday. The course is SUPER fast with all the little gems in the rough just waitin.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
ViciousDHer said:
his face is a little messed up from His goggles and a slight concussion. Have to wait and see for tomorrow and Saturday. The course is SUPER fast with all the little gems in the rough just waitin.
well tell him to feel better. i want him there saturday, its no fun without him

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
geoff what?! at practice? argh!! yeah, please give him my well-wishes too. does he need a new helmet?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
bizutch said:
sure.

All of these are in oder, in the middle of the course. This was originally the place where the course would turn to Dual. Notice the ninja rut/berm in the first pic. That's the line for one of the courses. Still, very fun. :)

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
the rider in photo one.

he's got the line down pat in that turn, doesn't he ?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yeah it's pretty fun. I've got many more pics now...of other parts of the course too. might post some tonight.

update: minnaar is killing it in DH. fyi

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
This just in:
Motomike is teh suck for being at sick azz Vermont while his boyz are at home.
Man, I want to be there so bad.
I miss the Dh course.:(

Oh well, Rip it up man!
Represent our team with the honor and dignity that we are known........ BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Sorry I could not even finish typing that sentence.:rofl:
Have fun.:)

ViciousDHer

eBay vigilante
Oct 30, 2003
tmx said:
geoff what?! at practice? argh!! yeah, please give him my well-wishes too. does he need a new helmet?
No all's good, He was ripping it up today at practice to the tune of, 1-x9 derailleur, 2-Hangers, a x9 shifter and 2 rear wheels.I ended up in the birch trees after the stream crossing. I love taking a good hit ooohing and aaaaahing the crowd and getting My old body up and continuing on like a 15 year old. I have never gone this fast on a Bicycle:love: