Quantcast

Mountain Bike Weekend Jim Thorpe....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I will be heading to this event again this year. I was just reading the website and THIS WILL BE THE LAST YEAR IT'S HELD.

http://www.soeast.com/mtnbike.htm

If anybody is interested let me know. I can have up to 6 people in my group and at this time there is only 2.

Also if you have any questions about the event feel free to ask me instead of trying to get in touch with the people who run it.
You can e-mail me at - stoshly at hotmail dot com

It's June 16-19th

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
I gotta check my calendar. I've always wanted to check that event out.
That would be really nice!!

I think there is a 24hr race the next weekend or something....

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
AWESOME!!!!

FYI for all the new come'ers If you bring beer or liquor hide it well. They were pretty strict last year.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
OK I have no racing that weekend, although it is the weekend before Dalton. Does it cost anything? Is it cool if I show up on Friday night?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Echo said:
OK I have no racing that weekend, although it is the weekend before Dalton. Does it cost anything? Is it cool if I show up on Friday night?
Yes, Friday night is fine.
It's $45's that includes the camping site and the various events. If you get some time check out the website.

Read up on the whole group/primary thing. It's a little confusing but it's logical.
PM me if you have any questions.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
just got the ok from my wife...

I don't have a boss at the moment, so there's no one to submit vaca requests to. However, I'll do it at some point.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
jacksonpt said:
just got the ok from my wife...

I don't have a boss at the moment, so there's no one to submit vaca requests to. However, I'll do it at some point.
Excelent....

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
From MBA:
Sadly, this will be the 20th and last Mountain Bike Weekend in Jim Thorpe. Carbon County has decided not to renew its agreement with the event’s promoter. If you've never been, you should take this opportunity to enjoy a truly unique experience. It is four days of riding, clinics, shows and hanging with great people. Let’s hope this really isn’t the end of a classic.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
this sounds like a lot of fun. How do I sign up?
I'll take care of you if you are interested. i'll need some info from you but I'll send out an e-mail in the next week or so.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
ok, I just PM'd you, but I'll do it again with all the info that the website asks for. So I just sign up through you then? I don't need to do it on my own?

ok so i'm a little overzealous. I'm just gonna go for a ride, and wait for you to tell me what you need.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
ok, I just PM'd you, but I'll do it again with all the info that the website asks for. So I just sign up through you then? I don't need to do it on my own?

ok so i'm a little overzealous. I'm just gonna go for a ride, and wait for you to tell me what you need.
Good boy!!!

:)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
FYI if anybody is interested in going let me know! I will be sending in the registration next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody who expressed interest in this thread check your PM's.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
How many spaces do you have left in your group?
Well I'm still waiting to hear from Echo. If he doesn't come we will have 4. Obviously if he does we will only have 3. :)

I thought groups were only allowed to be 6 but I just read up and they can be up to 8.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
If we have over 6 people we aren't eligible for the cabin. Which doesn't seem to be a huge issue for most people.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Crazy Sweeper said:
cabin doesn't matter to me. Would be nice but doesn't matter.
Yeah most of the tent sites are nice however the cabins are really nice if it rains. But like you said it doesn't really matter. I would prefer to have more people and not have a cabin.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Anyway I need to know who's going BY TOMORROW!!! I need to get the registration sent in by Thursday so we can be assured we have a spot.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
stosh said:
Well I'm still waiting to hear from Echo. If he doesn't come we will have 4. Obviously if he does we will only have 3. :)

I thought groups were only allowed to be 6 but I just read up and they can be up to 8.
I'll call him tonight and find out. I will also know if I'm in tonight as well. As for cabin/tent I don't really care one way or the other. Cabins are nice when it rains, but other than that it doesn't matter to me.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
I'll call him tonight and find out. I will also know if I'm in tonight as well. As for cabin/tent I don't really care one way or the other. Cabins are nice when it rains, but other than that it doesn't matter to me.
I assume you're husband will be coming

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TreeSaw said:
I think it would be great if you were to come. My GF will be the only girl so I'm sure she would love some womanly company.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Hey, the deadline to be in my group is today!!!!!!!!!

If you are interested please let me know by 4:30pm today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!