Quantcast

mountain biking and "certain" women bashing...

Sep 21, 2004
Denver, CO
Had a little story to share after some of the women bashing going on in Big Mike's post, I had my own story to share.

This happened Labor Day. Been dating who I thought to be an awesome girl for 3 years. We biked together, she was an awesome mountain biker, and we just had a lot of fun together. I bought her a @#$& Fuel90 about a year ago...

About a month before Labor Day she started getting pissed at me for every little thing I did, even though nothing had changed and I started feeling bad about myself. One night she finally said she wanted to break up, but gave me these weird explanations as to why. She told me she didn't want to work on things and was just done, even though she said I'd never let her down before.

I let her cool down for a week, then asked her out to dinner, we had a great time. She said she hadn't given me a chance and wanted to after she did the Ironman Wisconsin on Sept. 12th.

On Labor Day I felt bad for all these things I was supposedly doing wrong and thought I'd just drop by to say hi. As I was walking up I see her walking up with her boss carrying camping gear.

Now, her boss is 20 years older than her, and married with children. I froze, they didn't see me so I just sat down on the step to watch. An hour and 45 min later he comes out, freshly showered, kisses her goodbye, kisses her again, and takes off. I basically called her, said I saw everything, and didn't really want to see her or talk to her ever again. Her boss always seemed sleazy and very uncomfortable around me, now I know why...

Anyway, as comfort "food" for myself, I decided to upgrade my mountain bike. Added XT shifters, XTR rear derailleur, and SpeedDial SL levers. I wish I could take her @#$% Fuel 90 back... Somehow nice guys finish last comes to mind again...

Sep 21, 2004
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Whoa! No way, man. Go tell the dude's wife. Then you'll feel much better.
I honestly thought about it, as I know where she works, and I would want to know. Somehow I feel like I'd be stooping to their level at that point. I'd rather just be done with them and let them live their pathetic lives.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
SkaredShtles said:

What a sleaze.

-S.S.-
Or threaten to tell the Boss' wife and get all those new bikey parts you wanted :D :thumb:

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Wellcome to ridemonkey bro,

Concerning the incidents on the above story i got a few points to make.

1. It is normal to be pissed off with that kind of stuff. BUT. If you were just and correct, then you dont have to care if someone else misbehaved. If your bad behavior caused the cheating then it is something to consider... if not...then screw it.

2. We have a saying in Greece concerning women who advance professionally by using their sex. "Some progress with the sword, some progress with the vagina...". You should just pitty the latter.

3. Fuel 90, it is not that good, and most probably will crack on her... what goes around comes around.... justice will return and will get you a wonderfull relationship in the long run with the CORRECT person.

Yannis

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
SpareTireScott said:
I honestly thought about it, as I know where she works, and I would want to know. Somehow I feel like I'd be stooping to their level at that point. I'd rather just be done with them and let them live their pathetic lives.
Don't let it go like that, man. The dude is married *and* he has kids? His wife and kids deserve better. At least let her know so that she can decide for herself.......

-S.S.-

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
SpareTireScott said:
You're definitely taking the high road.

I think I'd probably tell the guy's wife if I were in your shoes. Not that it'd be the right thing to do, but A) I'd be pissed, and B) nobody deserves to have their significant other cheating on them and I'd definitly want someone to tell me if the roles were reversed.

Sorry to hear it.. Have fun with your bike upgrades, though!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
my prediction............you'll be mad, then sad, then realize you are better without her.........then she'll stalk you because she realized you are so much better then her slimeball boss - at that point tell Her to "F off!"

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
SkaredShtles said:
Don't let it go like that, man. The dude is married *and* he has kids? His wife and kids deserve better. At least let her know so that she can decide for herself.......

-S.S.-
:stupid:

I hate people like that... he is total sleaze and his wife DESERVES to know what is going on.

Anonymously sent pictures... no blackmail/threats. Just do it because what this man is doing to his family is wrong.

Now if you want to be mean... you let everyone in her office know about it. But that is childish.

Sep 21, 2004
Denver, CO
douglas said:
my prediction............you'll be mad, then sad, then realize you are better without her.........then she'll stalk you because she realized you are so much better then her slimeball boss - at that point tell Her to "F off!"
Yep, you guys are completely right about it. I have to admit, seeing what I did was the best form of closure, it sucks, but at least I don't want her back, ever...

Thanks for welcoming me to RideMonkey as well, I need a new place to kill time during the lulls at work. :)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
SpareTireScott said:
Yep, you guys are completely right about it. I have to admit, seeing what I did was the best form of closure, it sucks, but at least I don't want her back, ever...

Thanks for welcoming me to RideMonkey as well, I need a new place to kill time during the lulls at work. :)
Where you live in the Big FR? When I'm not hacking up lung nuggets I'm known to occasionally ride...... :rolleyes:

-S.S.-

Sep 21, 2004
Denver, CO
SkaredShtles said:
Where you live in the Big FR? When I'm not hacking up lung nuggets I'm known to occasionally ride...... :rolleyes:
I live in the Tech Center, but get out to the Colorado Trail pretty often, usually via the boring Waterton Canyon route out to the Roxborough loop.

I also did the Leadville 100 this year. I rode Red Rocks a few times, but it's too rocky for my tastes, I walked my freaking bike more than I rode it.

Right now I'm recovering from a few stitches on my knee incurred while doing a jump on the bike trail in Sioux Falls, SD of all places... sheesh... :)

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
Call the bosses wife.

Tell her you are herpes positive and since her husband that is cheating on her with your ex probably won't mention it to her, you thought you should.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Crappy situation. But what goes around comes around, no need for vengefull actions. They will get what is coming to them eventually.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
SkaredShtles said:

What a sleaze.

-S.S.-
Yeah... Just say Gimme the bike back and Mrs. Bossman won't find out a thing.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
SpareTireScott said:
An hour and 45 min later he comes out, freshly showered, kisses her goodbye, kisses her again, and takes off. I basically called her, said I saw everything, and didn't really want to see her or talk to her ever again. Her boss always seemed sleazy and very uncomfortable around me, now I know why...
she sounds easy. Toss a bro her phone number :evil:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Westy said:
Crappy situation. But what goes around comes around, no need for vengefull actions. They will get what is coming to them eventually.
Yeah right... this is reality, not some Disney movie.

Friend of my wife cheated on her husband with 2 different guys (one a co-worker/"friend" of her husband), and what ended up happening... she got a better job (actually a fantastic job) elsewhere and left her husband behind w/ no clue what happened. Now he's stuck in a place where he has no-one and she is back near where she grew up living the life...

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
F*** that b1tch - get your bike back, who cares if you don't ride the frame - sell it online and get some new gear. Cheating on me is the one thing my GF could do to me that would not leave me devastated over our breakup. You're much better off without her.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Tell the wife. She deserves better than a scumball like that, and better she find out sooner than later.

What a horrible thing, sorry to hear that. There are better women out there though....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Slugman said:

Friend of my wife cheated on her husband with 2 different guys (one a co-worker/"friend" of her husband), and what ended up happening... she got a better job (actually a fantastic job) elsewhere and left her husband behind w/ no clue what happened. Now he's stuck in a place where he has no-one and she is back near where she grew up living the life...

I don't really believe it either. I am normally a bitter hate filled person, just thought I'd try something new for once. I'd give her some mercury laced scented candles for Christmas. Then every time her and her fvcktard cheating boyfriend have a romantic evening they will start dying a slow painful death.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Slugman said:

Seriously. Karma does not exist. I hate it when people say things like "ooh that's bad karma" or mention how karma will get the best of someone. F that. What did my roommate do to deserve getting hit by a drunk driver, dislocating his hip and spending two weeks in the hospital? Nothing. What happened to the guy that hit him? He got off injury free, even after rolling his car on top of my friends car. Both cars caught on fire.

My friend now has a metal hip at 25. F Karma. Sorry, if this rant kind of got off topic. I was just talking about this incident, and it just brought up some bad memories and stuff...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Craw said:
My friend now has a metal hip at 25. F Karma. Sorry, if this rant kind of got off topic. I was just talking about this incident, and it just brought up some bad memories and stuff...

Well, you know what they say, "Only the good get hip replacements young"

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
Even better, get a nice relationship with the wife (hopefully she is beautifull and understanding), get her to divorce, and share the prices... (XTR, X0, Fox FX100, Epic..etc...)

Sep 21, 2004
Denver, CO
Tenchiro said:
Bang his wife to teach him a lesson. :devil:
Man, I thought about that too... some friends and I were talking if you could pull that off it would be the ultimate revenge... doubtful I'd ever use anyone in that way because it's not the way I am normally, but it would be a great story and fvcking hilarious when he finds out...

J

JRB

Ciaran said:
Tell the wife! Get some pix and tell the wife! She'll divorce him and take half his crap.

Then start banging the wife. :evil:

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
Scott,
Ain't that just the sh!ts ! Check this out. I just got out of a 2 year relationship with a chick who I thought the world of. I took her up to Downieville ( a place we both love to ride ) to propose to her and put a ring on her finger. 2 weeks later she comes home from a work function, grouchy with no real explanation, hmmm?? finally later that day she dumps me...with no real explanation why :confused: just that she can't do it any more, and had felt that way for " a couple of months"..seemingly out of the blue ( seeing any similarities here??). So I leave. Four days later I decide to come by the house to get a few things, when guess what I find?? ( here's where the real similarities come in!!) There she is with her 20+ years older co-worker, well he was actually still in the bedroom, probably afraid to come out. I did the same thing you did, the smart thing..just walk away. That's a long story short, but just reading your first post here's a couple of suggestions that have sorta helped me get through it, it just happend in early June.

1) You gotta shake the "beaten wife syndrome". You did'nt do any thing wrong, sitting there wondering what you could have done differently will only drive you nuts. Face it, she was f'ed up in the head before you got there, otherwise she would'nt have done it in the first place. There was nothing you could have done about it.

2) Yea, revenge is a fun thought, but remember ( and this is what I've been telling myself) NO WHORE IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR!! The pictures to her old man's ( get it..."Old" Man :blah: ) wife may be a good one, but just think of how it would flatter her to see the boys fight over her. Don't give it to her.

3) When her boyfriend leaves her flat on her a$$ to go running back to his wife (probably around the holidays), and she comes back trying to talk to you, BE STRONG!! It's a text book move, don't let her back into your life.

4) She's not going to show an ounce of remorse..yet. But if/when you talk to her, make sure to be extra nice, so that if/when she does start to feel bad and miss you, her memories of you are good ones..and then the guilt will rot her from the inside out :devil:

I don't mean to get up and preach to you on how to run your life, but when I read your post, I saw a mirror image of my situation. it made me angry and I just wanted to offer a brother some help. Oh yea, I think the "comfort food" frame upgrade was an excelent idea!! My comfort food was a season pass to Northstar's mtb park

and a new Super T

and a new rear wheel

and a new bike rack

and some new pedals

Hey! it's all part of the healing process!! :D

rant over!

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
MVRIDER said:
Scott,
Ain't that just the sh!ts ! Check this out. I just got out of a 2 year relationship with a chick who I thought the world of. I took her up to Downieville ( a place we both love to ride ) to propose to her and put a ring on her finger. 2 weeks later she comes home from a work function, grouchy with no real explanation, hmmm?? finally later that day she dumps me...with no real explanation why :confused: just that she can't do it any more, and had felt that way for " a couple of months"..seemingly out of the blue ( seeing any similarities here??). So I leave. Four days later I decide to come by the house to get a few things, when guess what I find?? ( here's where the real similarities come in!!) There she is with her 20+ years older co-worker, well he was actually still in the bedroom, probably afraid to come out. I did the same thing you did, the smart thing..just walk away. That's a long story short, but just reading your first post here's a couple of suggestions that have sorta helped me get through it, it just happend in early June.

1) You gotta shake the "beaten wife syndrome". You did'nt do any thing wrong, sitting there wondering what you could have done differently will only drive you nuts. Face it, she was f'ed up in the head before you got there, otherwise she would'nt have done it in the first place. There was nothing you could have done about it.

2) Yea, revenge is a fun thought, but remember ( and this is what I've been telling myself) NO WHORE IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR!! The pictures to her old man's ( get it..."Old" Man :blah: ) wife may be a good one, but just think of how it would flatter her to see the boys fight over her. Don't give it to her.

3) When her boyfriend leaves her flat on her a$$ to go running back to his wife (probably around the holidays), and she comes back trying to talk to you, BE STRONG!! It's a text book move, don't let her back into your life.

4) She's not going to show an ounce of remorse..yet. But if/when you talk to her, make sure to be extra nice, so that if/when she does start to feel bad and miss you, her memories of you are good ones..and then the guilt will rot her from the inside out :devil:

I don't mean to get up and preach to you on how to run your life, but when I read your post, I saw a mirror image of my situation. it made me angry and I just wanted to offer a brother some help. Oh yea, I think the "comfort food" frame upgrade was an excelent idea!! My comfort food was a season pass to Northstar's mtb park

and a new Super T

and a new rear wheel

and a new bike rack

and some new pedals

Hey! it's all part of the healing process!! :D

rant over!
Now there is some good advice.

Sep 21, 2004
Denver, CO
MVRIDER said:
Sorry about your ****ty situation as well, that sucks...

Agreed, very good advice and I'll surely stick to it...

It's funny how the situations were the same... I started reading up on signs you can tell someone is cheating... interesting that it mentioned the cheater will seem frustrated all the time and accentuate faults in you to justify the cheating in their mind... it all makes sense now why nothing change and all of a sudden she hated everything about me...