Quantcast

Mountain Cycle - DW

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
just looked on the site, appears to have no pics itself.

hmm mountain cycle eh?

blah!!!

iiif DW chimes in hear im curious to this question. iif iron horse sells DW link bikes they have left over after there "lease" is up what happens, they pay a rediculous amount per bike they sell? er. . .

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Oh no! Not mountain cycle too! Now all their bikes will be covered in over price plastic and collect too much mud, thereby causing them to be heavy on their race run. The fools!

evolutionbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
Baltimore
Yeah at the Open they had mentioned to a few people that they were moving forward with the relationship with Mountain Cycle, but the relationship is in first stages. It will be exciting to see what comes out of the process, I'm sure DW will be making great bikes especially with the help of Ska-Todd.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
iiif DW chimes in hear im curious to this question. iif iron horse sells DW link bikes they have left over after there "lease" is up what happens, they pay a rediculous amount per bike they sell? er. . .
I would suspect it has to do with how the contract was written; the contract probably makes a distinction between production and sales (I suspect the agreement is tied to production).

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
New rule. Anyone who posts Bikerfox visuals gets electroshock to the testes.

Edit: Dump, I'm lookin' at you, and I'm holding jumper cables...

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
Yeah at the Open they had mentioned to a few people that they were moving forward with the relationship with Mountain Cycle, but the relationship is in first stages. It will be exciting to see what comes out of the process, I'm sure DW will be making great bikes especially with the help of Ska-Todd.
so where is Todd working at now? The only time I saw him at the Open was while I was in the start gate and he was getting off the lift so I didn't have a chance to ask him.

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
DW is going to be on the new Turner RFX.

Notice how fast he dismissed MC, yet not a single mention of Turner?

There's a huge thread on over at MTBR in the Turner forum. Neither DW nor DT have denied it yet... :)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I was talking to a guy from a large/gnar/cool guy so cal bike shop, I asked him if Turner is still in business (I was kidding sorta) because I do not hear as much buzz as I used to, he said 'ya, they are still in business, but they do not come up with any new sh1t, its the same old crap over there. The bikes are really really good, but customers are retarded, they want some new fangled crap, even if it does not work good'

In saying that, maybe thats what turner needs, some DW action?

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
Perhaps when the Horst Link was the best possible configuration, and they changed to a SP they did so because they didn't want to pay some sukka to liscense it? Why would they now?

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Alternatively, maybe the fact that they don't buy into the latest marketing gimmick is part of what keeps their solid customer base coming back time and time again?
Have had way too many bikes from single pivot Orange to a M3 and the TURNER DHR was better by a long shot and it was a 2002!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
DW is going to be on the new Turner RFX.

Notice how fast he dismissed MC, yet not a single mention of Turner?

There's a huge thread on over at MTBR in the Turner forum. Neither DW nor DT have denied it yet... :)
and the internet rumor-mill keeps on turning...

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Well, I actually do know, but if I told you, I'd have to kill you. I was sworn to secrecy. You can only get the information if you have a secret decoder ring and drink more Ovaltine.:brows:

:D

Rigger

Chimp
Jul 29, 2004
NV
I heard that DW is building his own bike and Vanderham is going to be one of his riders....