Quantcast

Moving a house

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
WTF.... are you kidding me?
YOu can't even put up a kiddy pool around here without a Building permit and signed drawings.

You'll need a building permit... but not a stamped set of plans.

In AR you don't need stamped house plans unless the house is something like 3500 sf of living area...

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Ridemonkey said:
So I can have a rectangle with 8 ft ceilings, white washed walls, fake wood cabinets, and crappy appliances for 70-85, or I can have something like this with some style for 80/ft:

http://lividpencil.com.hosting.domaindirect.com/krdb-projects/berlin/projectpage.html
I have a friend who rents a place in Austin that looks a LOT like one of their designs. It's a 2-story side-by-side duplex built over a carport/garage/storage closet. It's on a hillside, and the space WORKS. I'm always impressed with the design when I'm there. It helps that they have balconies, and mature trees close to the structure. Sipping a Fat Tire among tree branches goes a long way toward making up for a crappy location in a so-so neighborhood ;)

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
You'll need a building permit... but not a stamped set of plans.

In AR you don't need stamped house plans unless the house is something like 3500 sf of living area...
You can't get a BP without stamped plans.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
N8 said:
Yeah-yeah... tree lined streets, tiny front yards, elevated front porches a'la Disney's Celebration...?
Well, I'll be the last one to keep that crowd from getting fleeced. Carry on.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
stosh said:
It's in a "Traditional Neighborhood" are you familiar with that?
Is the word "Traditional" in this usage a euphemism for "uptight, overregulated, and union-controlled?"

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Yeah-yeah... tree lined streets, tiny front yards, elevated front porches a'la Disney's Celebration...?
right and alleys.

Thing is it's 65 and older. If a family with kids inherits the house they must sell the house within 1 month or the home is automatically givin to the "community" to be resold by them.
One of many rules homeowners must sign to live there.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
You can't get a BP without stamped plans.

See... you can draw house plans and send them out to customers in other states for $0.25-$0.35_ per sf under roof....

You can make some coin on the side.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
See... you can draw house plans and send them out to customers in other states for $0.25-$0.35_ per sf under roof....

You can make some coin on the side.
I wonder how propriatry plans are.... hrmmmm

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:
I wonder how propriatry plans are.... hrmmmm
Heeh.... not very...

Just think of all those house plan magazines you see at your book store... :p

Most people find a plan they like then get it drawn up by a drafting service with the changes they want.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Heeh.... not very...

Just think of all those house plan magazines you see at your book store... :p

Most people find a plan they like then get it drawn up by a drafting service with the changes they want.
man I wish I could crack into that business.

PS. I don't look thru thoes books.