Quantcast

Mtb Day Camp

Ok, here are the final plans, On August 7th he YMCA along with Bart McDaniel, Casey Northern and Kim Eakin will be hosting a DH/Freeride camp at a certain "secret spot". The camp will cost you (the rider) $50 dollars for one day of riding and snacks and some prizes. We are only accepting 20 riders for the first camp, there will be a waiting list in case somebody can not make it or for some reason cancels, or we do a second camp. If you are not a YMCA meber there is a $10 dollar "program membership" fee, this fee will give you a membership for all YMCA programs for one year. You will need a helmet and elbow, knee pads.Gloves are also recomended ;) The age has been changed to anyone between 8-16 years old. Heres what you need to do to sign up....

Call 206-937-1000 (Fauntleroy YMCA only)

ask to get on the list, when the first 20 spots are full we will put you on the back up list and call you when there is a spot open. I am not sure if there will be a second camp other than the BMX camp hosted by Scott Matchell and Mike Albright on hte 21st.

Thank you , if you have any questions go ahead and shoot me an email at
corybibby@msn.com

thanks to all those who are willing ot help...
Bicycles West
Dropnzone.com
Bike Works of Lake Stevens
and Center Cycle
and of course thank you to the instuctors who have offered to help !

Thanks again,
Cory Bibby

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
cory, what type of skill leval are we talking about for this camp, im intrested and have probabaly 5 friends that would benifit from the camp if the riding level is right. good work!

Originally posted by Mike.rider
cory, what type of skill leval are we talking about for this camp, im intrested and have probabaly 5 friends that would benifit from the camp if the riding level is right. good work!
any level, mostly beggining riders. These guys can teach you tons of different stuff....you should sign up!...get your friends too!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I wish they would hold camps like this for older kids.....like 30+.

I need some instruction on my wheelie drops and I think I've asked Kevin one to many times to show me.

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
Originally posted by Snacks
I wish they would hold camps like this for older kids.....like 30+.

I need some instruction on my wheelie drops and I think I've asked Kevin one to many times to show me.
[/QUOTE

i can help ya with wheelie drops. just start out on something small, even something as small as a curb and practice landing with both wheels landing at the same time. then just keep moving up to drops that are a little bigger. i started out by just finding small drops around my neighbor when i had time to ride.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Called the # yesterday and talked to Angie. She took Colton's name and vital stats and said we were on the list. Said she would call back later for the $. Super easy.:D

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Don't worry Snacks...I'm in the same boat. We should go mess around somewhere and practice...

FlashBullit

Monkey
Dec 19, 2003
Ok thanks it bett it will be fun. Do you know what size of Drops and Jumps there are, Because i want to go bigger then i have before?

Originally posted by FlashBullit
Ok thanks it bett it will be fun. Do you know what size of Drops and Jumps there are, Because i want to go bigger then i have before?
theres plenty of stuff and size for everything...youll be in good shape!

Rich Housman from Sponsorhouse is helping us out too!...Hes gonna send some cool stuff....free schwag for the people who sign up!!

Thanks to Rich and www.sponsorhouse.com

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
Corey,
I have talked to some of my sponsors and they are stoked about the camp! Old Town Bicycle, Cannondale, DC shoes and Smith are all going to kick down some gear for the kids! I am really looking forward to it. Looks like A DAMN GOOD TIME!!!!! I hope the people at the Y won't get mad at me saying DAMN!
Later!
Kim:devil:

Originally posted by holliswood
Corey,
I have talked to some of my sponsors and they are stoked about the camp! Old Town Bicycle, Cannondale, DC shoes and Smith are all going to kick down some gear for the kids! I am really looking forward to it. Looks like A DAMN GOOD TIME!!!!! I hope the people at the Y won't get mad at me saying DAMN!
Later!
Kim:devil:
nope its ok, Sweet! SDG is sending some stuff and other companys(to be named later) are kicking down for the 20 riders who sign up! Its gonna be FUN!!

as of right now the camp is going to be put off, I am running into small problems with insurance...BUT..the camp will still be on, I will let every one know ASAP! Sorry to all the kids signed up already any questions email me at

corybibby@hotmail.com

I will be out of town for the Idaho Nationals until next week, but i will get back to you all when I return.

Thank you,
Cory

mserko1

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Cory, this is Michael tages friend and I was wondering if me and tage could meet everyone there because I have no money (just bought a fork and my parents are paying for my b-day trip to the shore and whistler, and thats going to cost a lot) and tage will just be gettin back from europe and he needs some practice before we go to whistler. We don't need and "shwag" or anything we just want other people to ride with and a new place to ride. If you decide to tell me where it is just pm me with it so noone else will find out. Ttyl and good luck with the liability thing.

-mike

BoomSplat

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
maplevalley
Yep....this sucksssssss, My friends kids were signed up, who thought of this idea? Plan everything first INCLUDING INSURANCE, then call for customers. Not get all the kids excited then BOOOOOMMM Sorry kids I didn't get insurance, I talked to the YMCA, I know the story BIBS. Way to go!!!!!

BoomSplat said:
Yep....this sucksssssss, My friends kids were signed up, who thought of this idea? Plan everything first INCLUDING INSURANCE, then call for customers. Not get all the kids excited then BOOOOOMMM Sorry kids I didn't get insurance, I talked to the YMCA, I know the story BIBS. Way to go!!!!!
well Mr.Boomsplat, Kim Eakin and I are still going aheead with it...but thanks for your positive input.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
There is always plan B. Don't dis CB for trying. My son was signed up also. Bibs is a pretty stand up guy even when it gets tuff. He and Kim rock for going the extra mile. Unfortunately my sister in law is the head heffer (budget director) at the YMCA in Seattle. I'm sorry for budget short falls but that ain't Bibs fault. Glad you know the whole story.