Quantcast

MTBR Is Lit Thread

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Are we making fun of people for their bicycling fashion? Or making fun of people who make fun of people for their bicycling fashion? Maybe both.
I own these, I have worn them three times and felt like a super douche each time.
The last time I wore them a nice lady giggled at me, and rightly so, coz fuck they look dumb!
2079429900556218518.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
So let's build you a hardtail singlespeed, get you to pedal that thing to the top. And I will follow you down and film you "pretty much coasting into town" because that will be some of the most entertaining footage I own.
You better bring a lot of camera batteries. I didn't say go down fast although back in the day we rode that route with a pro female rider last name of Donovan who snapped her chain on her hard tail and we were on long travel full suspension bikes and coasting she still kicked our asses down that route. And I never said I could do it at my current age. Mid 80s yeah, at age 66 now no way in hell

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
The example I used was specifically a long 14 mile shuttle descent. And again, the discussion was not about ebikes.

So no, that's not what I meant.

"the sport" is full of people new to mountainbiking, riding down things they would have never though possible, don't have any institutional history to draw from, and are being told the only reason that's happening is because of the hellahella new capable enduro bike they just bought. And they believe it.

The ebike discussion is something different and is not what I was talking about.
print this pic out in business card size...heay paper...matte finish....hand out to such idiots

Screenshot_20230330_131104_Instagram.jpg

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
back in the day we rode that route with a pro female rider last name of Donovan who snapped her chain on her hard tail and we were on long travel full suspension bikes and coasting she still kicked our asses down that route. And I never said I could do it at my current age. Mid 80s yeah, at age 66 now no way in hell
I wouldn't admit that outloud

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You better bring a lot of camera batteries. I didn't say go down fast although back in the day we rode that route with a pro female rider last name of Donovan who snapped her chain on her hard tail and we were on long travel full suspension bikes and coasting she still kicked our asses down that route. And I never said I could do it at my current age. Mid 80s yeah, at age 66 now no way in hell
I don't know how you think you're gonna be able to do that on your mid-80's when you can't do it when you're in your mid-60's. :think: