Quantcast

!!! Mundane approach to another stupid howlday !!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey man lol. I was back in the pool this morning for a 2400 yard swim. It looks like the weather is going to fuck up our 4th of July MTB plans. Thanks for nothing, America.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up early for a supply run.

Came home yesterday to find a couple of these dudes in the yard. Guess it's been rainy enough that the crawdads have traveled from the local watering hole into my front yard.

20230702_181714_copy_800x600.jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hallo ppls

I am working today, reading inpatient studies from within the bowels of the hospital. i'll get a comp day for this, though.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
There are no stupid holidays, only stupid how many holidays people have to work in the U. S.

I am not excited about the 4th but I will take any paid day off I can get.

Might go ride today, not sure yet.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
hey man

at work. No idea why they are open july 3 and not july 4th at a company with unlimited PTO...but whatever. I have living cultures I need to take care of, so I will do this, procrastinate, then head home at 12 to work on slides (mostly).

This weather has absolutely sucked. I don't miss 90 degree days all that much, but it's not the worst thing having a reason to go to the pool, or sunshine to ride my bike around in. This rain is keeping me indoors and it means I have to mow the lawn FWP

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just chilling. Been working on fixing my left hip flexor with daily exercises and seems to be paying off. Nice way to start the day in the sun. Followed up with a good swim. Like to stay active on vacation. Really good bike riding here too but opted out of that.

Head up on the mountain for cheese fondue and this view

9DCB70CC-5021-46FD-AE44-749AB47E9C0D.jpeg

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
Half of the office is out today. Came in because of a planned internal meeting to bring others up to speed on a new project that I'm handing off to them. The new PM (who was supposed to be here until noon today) called in last minute. I predict a short, unproductive day today.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
How dumb you talking, champ?
The Strava thinks my longest ever climb is 3853ft, might be able to just beat that with todays dumb plan on the hardtail. Can't be gone all day as the DSO can't go into day care on busy holiday days, so it's not up into the mountains proper for high level dumb.

We should talk about potential dumb plans for this summer at some point, perhaps while doing that big climb in a few weeks time.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
The Strava thinks my longest ever climb is 3853ft, might be able to just beat that with todays dumb plan on the hardtail. Can't be gone all day as the DSO can't go into day care on busy holiday days, so it's not up into the mountains proper for high level dumb.

We should talk about potential dumb plans for this summer at some point, perhaps while doing that big climb in a few weeks time.
Surely that would be biggest elevation gain for a single climb, not for a total ride?

And yeah, let’s talk about big dumb plans soon.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I've got a list of repairs for the backhoe. Crap what have I done.

It's a paperwork day. Maybe ride bikes later.

My buddy showed me how I can use the space bar on my phone to move the cursor around. Mind blown.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
still having a low rate mortgage is basically winning now, I figure

right, guys? right? guys?

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Yeah. Googled my way there after Steve's post. No cranks.

"Back in the day" I had a pair of white Bullseye square-tubular steel cranks. They were so finicky to set up, but they took a beating and looked sweet.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Surely that would be biggest elevation gain for a single climb, not for a total ride?

And yeah, let’s talk about big dumb plans soon.
Correct yeah, I've got many days with > 10k total.

Today's big dumb GRVL ride was 57 miles, 7129ft of vert, topping out at 11,432ft
My rudimentary maths skills suggests 3889ft from Idaho Springs to the top of Mestaa’ėhehe today, so clearly Strava is shit as it hasn't updated my biggest climb (and I already knew the way it calculated that metric was crap anyway).

edit: Clearly it needs a segment to use as your largest single climb, so I created one :P 3891ft

Last edited: