Quantcast

!!! Mundane approach to another stupid howlday !!!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
1.5hr mental break to go karting with Haley. Two of the adult league racers were there, so it was nice to have a fast couple of guys to drive with.

Did have another reminder of how rampant misogyny is in conservative land here, even amongst the kids. Haley handed two boys the same age their asses during their first session, which they clearly didn't like. During the second session they were trying to keep her behind them by any means necessary, including ignoring the blue flag and forcing her into the wall repeatedly. She actually played very nicely and didn't spin them, much to most of our surprise. The boys were given penalties and slowed every time she got close to them to lap them again. So next time they come, if they do that again to anyone, they will be banned for a year. I overheard them complaining to their dad afterwards that 'they' were slowing them down every time she came near and how one of them got penalized just for racing. Which he complained about as well "if she needs them to slow you down, then she's not racing". I wonder where they got it from? :rolleyes:

Did run into one of the outdoor dads and he said that he had heard through the grapevine about Haley's kart getting bent and wanted to know how it was going with getting her onto a new one. His daughter is Jr1 as well and if Haley didn't have a kart, he said he could use hers for the next CKT race, since she doesn't race CKT (and barely at all now). Obviously she has a kart now, but pretty cool to get that type of an offer. He said she should be flying in her new kart once she gets used to it, so pretty cool for her to hear that from one of the faster old guys (masters class) drivers in the area.

Ok. Back to study for the next 4hrs. Got an 80% on this last test where 60-80% are considered good scores, so that is a good boost to confidence.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Visited an old timer and he signed a document that grants us permission to build and maintain trails on his property. Verbal permission is cool, written permission is betterer!

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Was paddling upstream side creeks of the lazy River (2 drank minimum) today, exploring...

Thinking this would be tight confines for a moose (bear!) encounter, reached a literal logjam so turned around and promptly bumped into this yearling (with velvet nubs)

Thankfully he was more scared of me and yielded the right of way to downhill traffic...

IMG_20230703_190353394.jpg

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I found a bunch of ripe apricots in an orchard. The good ones had all been harvested so it was game on for me. So many tasty treats in my belly...

The only fireworks in my house tonight are happening on the toilet.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I found a bunch of ripe apricots in an orchard. The good ones had all been harvested so it was game on for me. So many tasty treats in my belly...

The only fireworks in my house tonight are happening on the toilet.
Still think there is an excellent opportunity to ferment and distill all the unused fruit in the Yak.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Still think there is an excellent opportunity to ferment and distill all the unused fruit in the Yak.
Couldnt agree more. Theres mountains of fruit going to the worms. All sorts being left in orchards but also disgarded off the sorting tables at the fruit warehouses.

I have visions of freeze dryin and dehyrating the stuff. Juice and ferment is also a strong contender.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Couldnt agree more. Theres mountains of fruit going to the worms. All sorts being left in orchards but also disgarded off the sorting tables at the fruit warehouses.

I have visions of freeze dryin and dehyrating the stuff. Juice and ferment is also a strong contender.
I have a nice glass carboy and can get my hands on a small still if you can score the fruit.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If you show up tomorrow we can get a bunch of apricots plus some cherries but theyre more effort to get off the trees.
Even if I could grab as much as I could haul I could I wouldn't be able to process more than 20 lbs which would cost more in gas. But I might start fucking around with small batches to see if it could be worth figuring something out on a large scale.

Or perhaps a ride and pick session this weekend if'n you're game.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Even if I could grab as much as I could haul I could I wouldn't be able to process more than 20 lbs which would cost more in gas. But I might start fucking around with small batches to see if it could be worth figuring something out on a large scale.

We can make a weekend ride / fruit pickin session happen. I'll be around.

Its fun to mess around in the garage/kitchen with homeowner stuff. Trying to figure out the scale up is what I daydream about 50% of my day dreams. I'm working on raisins, herbal tea, powdered freeze-dried fruit.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

quit making excuses and drive over the pass

what else are you doing, running around in a flag with a nathans hot dog in your pants tomorrow?

okay bad example. Go get some fruit

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
We can make a weekend ride / fruit pickin session happen. I'll be around.

Its fun to mess around in the garage/kitchen with homeowner stuff. Trying to figure out the scale up is what I daydream about 50% of my day dreams. I'm working on raisins, herbal tea, powdered freeze-dried fruit.
If enough bougie west siders have infiltrated that area the East Coast orchard model of a cider house/microbrewery/gastro-pub has to be a money maker. Unfortunately that would attract more bougie west siders.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
If enough bougie west siders have infiltrated that area the East Coast orchard model of a cider house/microbrewery/gastro-pub has to be a money maker. Unfortunately that would attract more bougie west siders.
The wave is inevitable. Theres already a bunch of them they just dont have anywhere to congregrate and be a mass. They hide out in the folds and contemplate what bottle of wine they'll open next.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The wave is inevitable. Theres already a bunch of them they just dont have anywhere to congregrate and be a mass. They hide out in the folds and contemplate what bottle of wine they'll open next.
Sense of smell is super important for both meals and pleasant memories. The key is to have slow updraft ventilation that will enable people to sniff their own farts while they take in the aroma of their beverage of choice.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Where's Waldo?
(At the old folks home)
View attachment 196434
What did your spawn think of the show?

Did your gummies outlast the rain delay?

(Not my photo)
11840135.jpeg

Would like to drag my kiddos to some shows but I don't think I could handle a stadium show just yet...

It's been far too long since I've seen "good" live music, time to stick my toe back in the water I suppose.

BZN (& Big Sky) used to have a ton of free summer concerts, fewer now but there's a couple scheduled not to mention the /////fancy new venue the ELM...

download (12).jpeg

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
It was fucking outstanding. I was prepared to hate it based on what little Dead Co I had heard. In my opinion, Mayer is technically and tonally a much better guitar player than Jerry, but Jerry had that big fat soul.
I was honestly floored. I actually think it would have been WAY better without Bobby being a here at all.
There is a level of professional musicianship that the Dead never had.
And the sound was insane, best sounding stadium concert I have ever been to.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
It was fucking outstanding. I was prepared to hate it based on what little Dead Co I had heard. In my opinion, Mayer is technically and tonally a much better guitar player than Jerry, but Jerry had that big fat soul.
I was honestly floored. I actually think it would have been WAY better without Bobby being a here at all.
There is a level of professional musicianship that the Dead never had.
And the sound was insane, best sounding stadium concert I have ever been to.
Sounds like you need to pack your van and get up here for Dead and Co at the Gorge! I went to that show 13 years ago. Good times. You have 2 days to get here and find tix.