Quantcast

My Bikes Just Got Stolen At Whistler

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
So I'm at Roasted's house and we went to go to my truck to put his bike in to go ride the mountain....to find my truck with a cap on it that was locked to find both my bikes are gone!!! As we tried to figure out what happend because it was still locked, we figured they just pulled the tailgate open since it didn't have a lock on it and yanked em out and closed it back up. I didn't realize that was possible. Guess I know better now. So if anyone see's them please let me know. Thanks!

A white giant DH comp with
2003 black boxxer team
red shimano DX pedals
Hayes HFX comp brakes
Raceface loc on grips
titec bars
xt der.
single track rims
ringle hubs
titec bars, stem, seatpost
wtb seat
raceface prodigy cranks

A 2002 giant AC2 black, completely stock.
Hayes HFX comp brakes 8inch
Raceface prodigy cranks (3 rings, no bash graurd)
wtb seat
titec stem and seat post
azonic bars
xt der font and rear
shimano pedals (black body and silver clipless pedal.. can't remember model #)
Psylo with missing metal decal.. aslo starting to carode on the lowers by the axle

Wish I could find the serial # right now... but hopefully I can tomorrow. To tired to look for them now. Thanks again guys!

Attachments

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
:( my condolences. i know how much it sucks to have part of a bike stolen, and having two taken at once must be that much worse. insurance?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
yeah man totally sorry about your bikes.

Just goes to show there are theives everywhere...

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Pretty shocking to wake up and find his bikes missing.

Unfortunately it was probably a local seeing as thats more or less all that is left in town. I will definately be keeping an eye out for them.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Damn True said:
There is a special place in hell for bike thieves.
I hope you're right 'cause lots are living it up in Whistler and Van at the moment. Scumbags.

KaTooMer

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Illinois
Man, that sucks. I've often wondered why the truck manufacturers don't include a lock on the tailgate latches. I haul dirt bikes a lot in my truck, sometimes overnight, and it sure would make it harder for someone to lift the dirt bike if they couldn't put the tailgate down. Yeah, they make aftermarket locks for those things, but...O.K., I'm too cheap and lazy, alright? Just give me the d@mn locking latch, will ya GM? And Ford? Dodge, can ya hear me?

J

JRB

KaTooMer said:
Man, that sucks. I've often wondered why the truck manufacturers don't include a lock on the tailgate latches. I haul dirt bikes a lot in my truck, sometimes overnight, and it sure would make it harder for someone to lift the dirt bike if they couldn't put the tailgate down. Yeah, they make aftermarket locks for those things, but...O.K., I'm too cheap and lazy, alright? Just give me the d@mn locking latch, will ya GM? And Ford? Dodge, can ya hear me?

They heard your request a few years ago DUMBASS. :D

More here -

Crushing the old standards.

In addition to the standard features on every F-150 model, listed below are a few of the key features that distinguish XL.

# 4.6L Triton® V8 or optional 5.4L Triton® V8 with 3-valve technology
# Versatile 40/20/40 front seat
# Durable black vinyl floor covering
# Lockable tailgate with class-exclusive Tailgate Assist†
# 17-inch wheels and tires

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm really sorry to hear it man. i really hate to toot my horn like this on your thread, but the only time i relied on a lock and had my bike out of view in the last 5 years or so, was when i was in the hospital with a broken leg. i'll go so far as stash my bike in some bushes high up in the woods, before i leave it in the back of a rig or on my rack locked or not.....
again sorry to hear it, if you're ever down in the Seattle area and need a bike to borrow for a ride lemme know....

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
That is the single crappiest thing I have heard on this pile of crap of a day.

Sorry to hear it.

I have an HT frame and some parts laying around you can have to build up something to ride.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
dan-o said:
I hope you're right 'cause lots are living it up in Whistler and Van at the moment. Scumbags.
I promise you most aren't from here and don't even live here ;)...it is pretty much known to the cops it runs with the weed (stolen goods in general and weed) to the states for guns and coke. Thats why the cops here right off the bikes so quick.

u should post up on the NSMB shore forum... will get a few more eyes out there lookin' for ur bikes... sucks man
You should try this Erik. NSMB has a lot of local people keeping an eye out and with Taylor and I watching up here who knows :)

Guntruck

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
Mill Creek, WA
Hey Eric, sorry to hear about that man. I'll keep an eye out. We still have to go skating sometime my ankle is still jacked up but I'll give you a call sometime when It dries up. Buy some new bikes it'll take your mind off it real quick :) .

slcpunk21

BS is not a bitch.
Feb 14, 2003
finally transplanted
Hey thanks for all the replies guys! I added some pics too.

I'm hoping that the insurance will take care of it all... I have renters insurance, and say it will cover it. Just have to find out the details tomorrow. So eh, I'm happy that this day coulda been worse, like me actually getting to ride and getting hurt. Guess things happen for a reason. If I get nothing else outa this I learned to not trust truck caps! Ahhhh... the much wiser now!

So moving on... what new rigs should I get? I'm thinking a v10 and a vp-free(if I can afford them that is)... a DH rig and trail bike... let me know what all your ideas are.

Also if someone could post it on NSMB for me I'd really appreciate it. I can't register on the site because I don't have a valid POP email account.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Rip said:
May the theives suffer an insanely slow and very insanely painful death.:angry: I feel a manhunt with loaded ak's are in need.
Yes! A manhunt is SO in order... bikey thieves can not be tolerated! We shall track them like dogs, and when captured, we'll play a little game I like to call "Bowlin' in the Colon" with 'em...

As Walter said "This is what happens when you f@!# a man in the @ss!"

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Damn True said:
There is a special place in hell for bike thieves.
Yep... according to dante what happens to them is they get to do the DH course of their dreams over and over on the baddest bike they have ever seen. Then on a cactus filled area within reach of the finish line with many pointy jagged rocks... boh wheels on the bike suddenly vanish.

Seriously, man! Im so sorry to hear that :(
Its a low low sh!t filled person that would steal a bike... even worse that the assface stole 2 of them :angry: :mad: :mumble:

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
slcpunk21 said:
Hey thanks for all the replies guys! I added some pics too.

I'm hoping that the insurance will take care of it all... I have renters insurance, and say it will cover it. Just have to find out the details tomorrow. So eh, I'm happy that this day coulda been worse, like me actually getting to ride and getting hurt. Guess things happen for a reason. If I get nothing else outa this I learned to not trust truck caps! Ahhhh... the much wiser now!

So moving on... what new rigs should I get? I'm thinking a v10 and a vp-free(if I can afford them that is)... a DH rig and trail bike... let me know what all your ideas are.

Also if someone could post it on NSMB for me I'd really appreciate it. I can't register on the site because I don't have a valid POP email account.
Good luck on finding some nice new bikes. I suggest you get a trail bike first, because there are more trails around here than DH. After you get a new bike then we can go on a ride.