Quantcast

My Bikes Just Got Stolen At Whistler

KaTooMer

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Illinois
loco-gringo said:
They heard your request a few years ago DUMBASS. :D
Well slap my ass and call me Sally...now we gotta get them to put the locks on the small trucks, too. (or did I miss that also? Haven't bought a truck for 9 years, I'm little out of touch....)

And that Doo-Mahs to you. :p

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We were just up at Whislter and my buddy had his Kona and his wifes Big Hit stolen while they were checking into the hotel. They cut the cable and took the bikes. He walked into the hotel and back out and the bikes were gone. This is getting ridiculous. A lot of my friends wont go back to Whislter because of the crime. The weekend we were there 14 cars got broke into in 2 DAYS!!!

They should set up a sting operation and catch these people.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
slcpunk21 said:
So moving on... what new rigs should I get? I'm thinking a v10 and a vp-free(if I can afford them that is)... a DH rig and trail bike... let me know what all your ideas are.
ha, i like how you think. spending money before you have it. i suffer from that disease.

anywho, where does Roasted live in Whistler? the 5 days i spent there, i had no place to lock my bikes, nor a lock. at any point in time 1 or 2 bikes were in the back of my truck. as i was sleeping (in the cab), or gone somewhere, they just sat there in Lot 4, available for stealing. guess i got lucky...

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I kept the bikes in the room, regardless of "Hotel Rules". That is considered grand theft... I think. Anyway, stealing a bike is like stealing a racecar, it is invaluable, it is your hobby, it has countless hours of tinkering and inquantifiable amounts of love in it. I mean, these guys aren't making nearly that much off these bikes.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
the Inbred said:
ha, i like how you think. spending money before you have it. i suffer from that disease.

anywho, where does Roasted live in Whistler? the 5 days i spent there, i had no place to lock my bikes, nor a lock. at any point in time 1 or 2 bikes were in the back of my truck. as i was sleeping (in the cab), or gone somewhere, they just sat there in Lot 4, available for stealing. guess i got lucky...
I live in the cay. 9th hole of the whistler gold course actually. Stupid thing is I have storage out back that is secure. We just didn't think to put the bikes there.