Quantcast

My complete sx trail is here!

Sep 28, 2004
Sweden
I have built my Enduro SX Trail up from scratch. I choosed the Z1 1 FR 150mm instead of the 66RC because I do alot of climbing and I love technical trails and dont ride much downhill (only in the summer).

This is what it looks like... :)

You will find more pictures here if you are interrested...

Sep 28, 2004
Sweden
I also visited my LBS yesterday do check the weight of my SX Trail. It weights exactly 16,9kg (37 lbs). That was what I thought because the tires/tubes weights 1kg/wheel for example. :)

KleinMp99:

Could you take a picture of your front derailleur? Or just tell me what mount it has got (Top Swing, Standard, E-type (BB mounted) etc). It looks like a Top Swing front derailleur just like I have on my bike. But I am having problems adjusting the derailleur. It hits the point on the frame where the lower part of the rear linkage is mounted when adjusting it "low enough" for well functioning.

Are you having problems with your F.D too?

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
punkassean said:
^ Agreed

My old TALAS was the best fork I've ever owned DH or not. That's why I can't wait to get my 36.
i think the Fox 36 would be the perfect fork for this rig.....

math2014 said:
Awesome looking bikes Klein and Cal....
i gotta agree, Specialized must be doing their homework as far as making their product look nice. i really dig that root beer/brown color and the bike looks very sharp. it's got a demo9 jr. look to it....

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
math2014 said:
They should have kept the monocoque enduro as well imho (so that us old users stop whinning)
They did, they still sell the 05 Enduro Comp 130 and 05 Enduro 130 complete bikes.

Sep 28, 2004
Sweden
In sweden the general agent refuses to sell both the complete SX Trail and the SX Trail frame to the stores. They have even got 2 complete demo-bikes (the general agent) but the refused to sell those too. Wierd! But the swedish general agent really sucks when it comes to warranty issues so I would probably have bought my frame from another country anyway.

I ordered mine from the UK. But in Germany for example, you can buy both the complete SX Trail and the frame only.

I payed about £1000 for the frame (bargaining) wich is a bit less than the usual price. I think the normal price in the UK for the frame is £1099 with a syncros seatpost / clamp and a 5th element coil shock.

Sep 28, 2004
Sweden
bballboy388 said:
how come u choose the 66r over the fox 36 j/w
I know that your question wasnt for me, but I will answer it anyway from my own opinion. :)

I think that the Fox 36 is way too expensive. I choosed the Z1 1 FR 150mm instead because it was cheaper and still is a good fork. The only negative thing with the MZ forks is probably the weight. But if you can accept that, you've got a very smooth and nice damping fork. I really like the way you "float" over messy things with the Z1 1 FR fork and its really stiff aswell. :)

But, if I hade a larger budget for my ride, I could probably have saved 1 kilogram (2,2 lbs) by choosing the Fox 36 instead. ;)

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
cal // sweden said:
I know that your question wasnt for me, but I will answer it anyway from my own opinion. :)

I think that the Fox 36 is way too expensive. I choosed the Z1 1 FR 150mm instead because it was cheaper and still is a good fork. The only negative thing with the MZ forks is probably the weight. But if you can accept that, you've got a very smooth and nice damping fork. I really like the way you "float" over messy things with the Z1 1 FR fork and its really stiff aswell. :)

But, if I hade a larger budget for my ride, I could probably have saved 1 kilogram (2,2 lbs) by choosing the Fox 36 instead. ;)
i mean for the enduro cause the 36 comes on the other enduro and i think thats the only difference the price is the same. i would but a Z1 fr over it too but i mean if its the same price?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I was told that the bike was supposed to weigh 34 pounds. That sounded a bit off, but 40!?! That's more than my Big Hit when it had a Super T on it. On a different note, I tried to order one and they are apparently unavailable. I heard Specialized made only 25 or so of them and decided to stop. Does anyone have any info on the statis of this bike? Thanks a lot.

J

JRB

Lefty said:
That;s not fun at all. Loco. Better let them live. Otherwise those chicks would be worthless.
I meant "kill" as in having them fall over at the sight of his bikey's coolness. This interweb thing is not working for me today. :(

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
loco said:
I meant "kill" as in having them fall over at the sight of his bikey's coolness. This interweb thing is not working for me today. :(
Does it ever work.
:p Your humor always hits rock bottom, like dhgirlie said. (in other words then)

J

JRB

Lefty said:
Does it ever work.
:p Your humor always hits rock bottom, like dhgirlie said. (in other words then)
meh - she don't know s**t from shinola. :D

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
hucker13 said:
I was told that the bike was supposed to weigh 34 pounds. That sounded a bit off, but 40!?! That's more than my Big Hit when it had a Super T on it. On a different note, I tried to order one and they are apparently unavailable. I heard Specialized made only 25 or so of them and decided to stop. Does anyone have any info on the statis of this bike? Thanks a lot.
I would not be surprised. They probably realized that a bike like that is best off as a frame-only option. It seems the same for the SX (race) also. I doubt they'll sell more than a handful of completes. Specialty bikes like that are better sold as a frame. Like I said I heard a murmer from inside Specialized that the SX trail would be available as a frame-only in the US market soon.

If that was the case when I got my S-Works, I may have chosen the Trail instead. I wonder how much lighter the S-Works frame is by having an M5 top & downtube? Can't be more than *maybe* 100gm's or so...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I think that it may be a little more because the SX is also beefed up. The coil is also heavier. Hmmm... I think I'll have to wait and get an SX Trail Frame.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
The SX trail is exactly the same frame as the regular 05 enduros. The s-works might be slightly lighter (M5) hence slightly less durable. SX and Enduro same frame different shock for 05

Pre-05 SX was significantly beefier and heavier than normal Enduros let alone Sworks enduros.

KleinMp99

Monkey
Nov 5, 2001
United States
math2014 said:
The SX trail is exactly the same frame as the regular 05 enduros. The s-works might be slightly lighter (M5) hence slightly less durable. SX and Enduro same frame different shock for 05

Pre-05 SX was significantly beefier and heavier than normal Enduros let alone Sworks enduros.

Your just making things up because my bike is sweeter than yours.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The SX frame is beefed up a little and I would imagine that the geometry is a bit different to accomadate for the 66. It still has a 68.5/69.5 degree head angle. I'm almost positive that the 66 is taller than the 36.

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
KleinMp99 said:
Your just making things up because my bike is sweeter than yours.
no mine is better it has a vintage look.

Seriously now... the SX trail is the same frame as the normal Enduro (with the exception of the bolt on shock mounts which are different to accomodate the coil 5th)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
For the record, the frames & geometry are all the same the only exception is the 4.2" travel SX which has a shorter chainstay. Other than that, the SX trail and all other Enduro 150mm frames are identical geometry wise and tubing thickness. The slack HTº of the Trail is directly related to the height of the 66 as compared to the 36. The frame is not "beefed up" in any way like last years SX's were. And, the S-Works bikes having an M5 top and down tube actually makes them lighter and stronger since M5 has a higher tensile strength that A1 and a higher ultimate yield. So you get the best of both worlds with M5, lighter & stronger.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
hucker13 said:
The SX frame is beefed up a little and I would imagine that the geometry is a bit different to accomadate for the 66. It still has a 68.5/69.5 degree head angle. I'm almost positive that the 66 is taller than the 36.
Just because the shock shuttles say 68.5/69.5º doesn't mean it's so. :)
The actual HTº is more like ~66/67º at best maybe even more slack.
All Enduro 150 frames are 100% identical in construction/geometry and that is a fact.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I was quoting the Specialized catalog when I said that the HA of the Trail was the same as the Enduro.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The catalog is often wrong about parts spec, ect. I would always go by what the shock manufacturer says is the right size, not the Specialized catalog.