Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
HippieKai said:
your mean the breast stroke?
is she lesbian now?

were you trying to be funny matt? :nope:

alright smart ass... the swim team had this saying

"breast strokers do it underwater, backstrokers do it on their backs, butterfylers do it up and down, freestylers do it any way, but no matter how u do it, swimmers do it best"

something to that effect... it was better than that though, either way... you are still a punk without a bike :blah: :eviltongu

Dunshee80

Chimp
Aug 16, 2004
thats crazy man, i'm dying to see some pics. On a brighter note, UPS destroyed a packge that was insured, and I got a check from them in about a week and a half. Pretty happy with the turn around time.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Dunshee80 said:
thats crazy man, i'm dying to see some pics. On a brighter note, UPS destroyed a packge that was insured, and I got a check from them in about a week and a half. Pretty happy with the turn around time.
it's not ups that i'm worried about.
Evil is out of those frames for about 6 months or something! :dead:

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
HippieKai said:
it's not ups that i'm worried about.
Evil is out of those frames for about 6 months or something! :dead:
that sucks man, see if john p will hook you up with the imperial he's selling in the classifieds.....just a thought

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Fulton said:
that sucks man, see if john p will hook you up with the imperial he's selling in the classifieds.....just a thought
or if there is anyone else that has one they would like to sell to me!
anyone?
anyone?
:help:

Marcus

Chimp
May 26, 2002
Surrey
From one Evil owner to another, I'm sorry bro. I cant believe something like that could happen and the odds of it happening to a bike with the name "Evil" strikes me more than just a coincidence :(

If you're interested in an 02 Imperial - let me know when you get this ordeal ratified and I'll swing you a deal on mine if it suits you :)

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Marcus said:
From one Evil owner to another, I'm sorry bro. I cant believe something like that could happen and the odds of it happening to a bike with the name "Evil" strikes me more than just a coincidence :(

If you're interested in an 02 Imperial - let me know when you get this ordeal ratified and I'll swing you a deal on mine if it suits you :)
thanks man

as soon as everything is settled with UPS i'll be ready to buy right then, but for now it's just a waiting game.
kai-

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
ufdff15 said:
did the frame break the 3000lbs of aluminum ;)
i don't think so. I just think that the frame is ok from what i am told. I'm not sure about parts. the aluminum rolled over it is what i'm taking from all of it so it wasn't a dirrect blow like i originally thought.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
dw said:
Holy crap dude! That sucks!!!

Hey, if you get pictures of that one, I for one would love to see that. I cant imagine the carnage. The thing must be flat!

sorry man

Dave
where was your R&D department on that one dave? :sneaky:

so what do they do with the smashed frame? can you keep it? maybe the spokes are still good? sorry im just being a jerk!

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
HTFR said:
so what do they do with the smashed frame? can you keep it? maybe the spokes are still good? sorry im just being a jerk!
thats just the thing the frame might be ok...just not other stuff.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I don't know if Dave would back me up on this but I wouldn't ride any bike that was squashed by a 3000 pound chunk of metal, even if the frame looked okay. Unless the bike was in a box assembled and the chunk of metal tipped over against the box and mashed the handlebar against the docks and just bent the handlebar or something like that. I really don't see how everything but the frame could be damaged without damaging the frame or at least shortening the fatigue life.

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
The bike is good!! I don't what UPS was going on about it being crushed but besides a few good scratches here and there it's straight. The only thing that isn't for sure is the fork. so no more worries...besides getting it back here in one peice still.
I was all sad about it but now i'm stoked! I'd rather have my old bike than try to peice together something new. I just wish they hadnt old me it was FLAT!
kai-

HippieKai

Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
Jones PMed me helping out earlier but he can't get PMs so i'm posting this in here.

Jonas
Dude

Thats so cool. Thank you for all your help trying to find me a frame. I get the bike bake this week sometime and will know for sure whats up. My buddy has seen it and said that it doesn't look bad. He said the box looked like nothing was going to be alright inside but when he took it out the bike looked ok. I think UPS was making it sound worse than it was just because of what had happened to everything else that was under the aluminum sheeting. So until i get it back in my hands and can take a good look at it and make sure it is in fact ok i'll keep all other frames in mind. Thanks again for all your help. You and the rest of the crew at Evil/E-13 are the best
kai-

MrPrime

Chimp
Jan 5, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Kornphlake said:
I don't know if Dave would back me up on this but I wouldn't ride any bike that was squashed by a 3000 pound chunk of metal, even if the frame looked okay.

That was the first thing I thought when i read the rest of the post. I dont think i'd be able to take that thing off a drop without that thought "what if...", lol.

Anyway, glad to see someone came outta this whole ordeal. Sucks about the components. GL with that :D