Quantcast

My First DH experience - a photo essay of sorts.........

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by Echo
BWAAAAAAAAH :D

If they ran both lifts I would be there every weekend and own a season pass.
They did it once last year. You had to hold your bike on but it still rocked. We should all email them saying they need to run the old lift on race weekends! If we get enough people requesting it we may get somewhere.:D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
compared to NO line which is usually the case on non-race w/e's, i can see why some steer clear when there's a race. lift lines can be useful though, where else would one pose, flex and socialize?

once the race starts, there are hardly more than ten ppl in line and if the race course doesn't weave its way throughout the whole mountain, there are plenty of trails to tickle your fancy.:D

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by chromegoddess
compared to NO line which is usually the case on non-race w/e's, i can see why some steer clear when there's a race. lift lines can be useful though, where else would one pose, flex and socialize?

once the race starts, there are hardly more than ten ppl in line and if the race course doesn't weave its way throughout the whole mountain, there are plenty of trails to tickle your fancy.:D

Yeah and compared to some lift lines I've been on for snowboarding the longest I ever saw a line at pkill was pretty small.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut

So they do run the lifts while races have started?

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
The lines are longer on race w/e's but the only time (normally) it's really bad is Sunday morning practice

XC trails, plenty at the top of Platty start at the bottom, bike up !

plus like Stosh said, cool to see everybody, take some pics, watch the race

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by MMcG
Yes they do... but I think they ask that only the people who need to go up for their race, use the lift. I could be mistaken about that though.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

sometimes.......this year they are suppose to work on the old one for a month or so (so only the new one will be on)

plus the old one is carry up only

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by douglas
The lines are longer on race w/e's but the only time (normally) it's really bad is Sunday morning practice

XC trails, plenty at the top of Platty start at the bottom, bike up !

plus like Stosh said, cool to see everybody, take some pics, watch the race
I'd like to go I think, but I definitely want to include some type of riding into the weekend too. I would be down for a climb and then some trail riding back down.

Although taking the lift up and bombing back down that first top section would be awfully hard to resist - so much fun!! Whooooo!!!!:D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY

:thumb:
pose and flex:D . I like riding on race weekends, like you said it's only first thing in the morning it's bad. By like10:00 it's all good. I still think we should push for the old side to open sometimes i love it over there and get sick of the ride over.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Originally posted by Lexx D
:thumb:
pose and flex:D . I like riding on race weekends, like you said it's only first thing in the morning it's bad. By like10:00 it's all good. I still think we should push for the old side to open sometimes i love it over there and get sick of the ride over.
Check your PM's biznatch!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I won't be at Platty on the 6th. I have made a prior commitment to ride with MBC on a 50 mile MS Charity Bike Ride, which should be fun as hell, and also for a very worthy cause.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
How did it feel riding the Hollowpoint Stosh? Did the angles seem to steep for the steeper dh sections??

I went over the handle bars. What do you think?

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I went over the bars too and I had a short little stem on my bike!

Yeah I know it didn't prove anything.

I used to ride my Trek 4500 at Mtn Creek when it was open a few years ago.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
ok, but sometimes I try to make my bars go thru a tree :D
Yeah i had a problemn with trees my last time at the mountain. Those fukers kept jumping out and trying grab me as I rode by.:evil:

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Originally posted by Lexx D
Yeah i had a problemn with trees my last time at the mountain. Those fukers kept jumping out and trying grab me as I rode by.:evil:
yeah, its usually ok unless your hydro line ends up smashed/popped/destroyed between the bars & the tree :mad: :angry:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Okay so I can't go on the 6th................when is the next good opportunity for Platty?? :)

Well well well, looks who's sir bailsalot now!!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
maybe memorial w/e ?????

I'll be in Maryland not that I matter.

At this point I'm pretty sure I won't meet MMcG till Monkeyfest.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by stosh
Well well well, looks who's sir bailsalot now!!!
Yes but it is for a very very worthy cause. I'm riding in the MS road ride with MBC in place of IAB who will be out of town for the ride.

So MBC and I will be riding and raising money for MS.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Yes but it is for a very very worthy cause. I'm riding in the MS road ride with MBC in place of IAB who will be out of town for the ride.

So MBC and I will be riding and raising money for MS.

Oh yeah.... nevermind....

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Crashby
great pics... fond memories of Plattekill... made my night...

what camera did you use?

Cheers,
I have a Canon Powershot A70 that I'm still learning how to use effectively.

I like it because it isn't too tiny and it fits my hands well.

I know I haven't utilized it to it's full potential though and i was too worried about killing it to take it with me while riding the trails at Platty. Maybe next time I'll wear a camelbak and bring it up with me.