Quantcast

my fvcking bike was stolen

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
sorry to hear that opie . when you find the guy i know good places to bury a body just pm me and i'll help you bury him .

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
thanks guys!

Part of what I'm so pissed about is that the geometry won't work for most people. Yes, I'm partly pissed that someone with no appreciation will be riding it.

I'll keep an eye on ebay, craigslist and the local pawnshops just in case.

Stay alive no matter what... I will come for you!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
there was a post in the Serotta forums about a guy whose bike was stolen. he ended up finding it quite a while later, stripped of its paint. i want to say it was a Pegoretti. Dreams can come true, it can happen to you.

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
That sucks. The reality is worse because you probably can't handle the truth, but here it is.

Pregnant wife will kill/destroy/off anything that is a threat to time spent with them. Even if your wife started off cool, the surge of prego hormones will exercise parts of her brain. She knows that after the tragedy you will seek her for refuge and support- the irony. You should look for fresh dirt at her parents or best friend's house and start digging- unless you live near the ocean, then you're screwed.

Seriously sorry for the loss and hope you can find a way to get some money out of state farm for those overpriced rates you're paying.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
We should go hunt youir neighborhood vigilanti style, its worth it for a good bike, i mean we have to remember the important things in life right.

Sure sucks to hear bro, its always dissapointing to hear something like this, specially when its a bike that was just for the person like yours was, hope your able to recover iut, and catch that bastard that took it

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
We should go hunt youir neighborhood vigilanti style, its worth it for a good bike, i mean we have to remember the important things in life right.

Sure sucks to hear bro, its always dissapointing to hear something like this, specially when its a bike that was just for the person like yours was, hope your able to recover iut, and catch that bastard that took it
Thanks bro!

In truth, I don't really care if the thief is caught if I got my bike back.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
yes, but they want receipts and I'm not sure I have them all. That's one problem will building a bike piece-by-piece.
If you have a shop that is cool, they can make you some reciepts. Or for that matter, the place you bought it from will probably be happy to make you a duplicate receipt for insurance purposes, especially if you drop the hint that you will be in the market for a bike when the insurance check arrives.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Thanks all!

UPDATES

POLICE
Detective says not to be hopeful, but they apparently regularly check pawn shops' inventories as well as their own lost-and-found. He said I'd be better off having had a Serial Number of some kind, but I don't think my builder bothers with them. However, he said that since my bike is so unique, that might be enough.

INSURANCE
I got lucky with the response office being in Colorado Springs -- as opposed to some place were cycling is abnormal. The claims person said they process claims for high-end bicycles regularly and the fact that I only have a receipt/proof for the frame and fork might be enough to process without delay or more info. They said they might want photos and I offered to email them immediately, but she said not to right now.

Nonetheless, I'm still going to post reward signs in bike shops and cruise the pawn shops on my own.

Lastly, it's amazing how things add up. I totalled up the cost of my bike down to the bottle cages and it's nearly $3000 :eek:

Looks like I'm going to have to break in a new Brooks saddle. Ugh.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
Damn, Opie, that really sucks to the core. I hope you get your bike back and the thieves get what they deserve.

Send me a PM if you find them before the police; I know how to cause pain without leaving marks. They'll be giving up launch codes before we're through.

Now, I'm going to throw a lock on my bikes...

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
:twitch:

note to self: don't piss off my new neighbor :D
Wait a minute, you two already met?! Not fair. OrthoD, get his autograph for me wouldja? Thanks. ;)

LO, unless corny jokes are your kryptonite, Danny's perfectly harmless. (...and darn good at keeping one motivated with rehab after injury!...)

On the more serious note of the moment:
I'm crushed to stumble on this news about your bike LO. I wish you the most miraculous recovery of the gem. Your two wheeled pal, your golden charriot, found completely intact, no signs of p*n*tration. It's a longshot but why not wish big, right?

It's good you and yer ol' lady are alright though.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Thanks for all your words!

But yeah, I'm glad that was the extent of the break-in.

I think I was so upset cuz my bike is the only material possession that I actually took care of and had any sort of attachment :D

That and my wedding ring. Can't forget that. I love you wife. (incase she's reading) Have dinner ready. Thanks.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
Wait a minute, you two already met?! Not fair. OrthoD, get his autograph for me wouldja? Thanks. ;)

LO, unless corny jokes are your kryptonite, Danny's perfectly harmless. (...and darn good at keeping one motivated with rehab after injury!...)

Hi Terry!
No, I've not had the pleasure to meet LO in person as of yet. And I was just offering a little of my miscellaneous knowledge should the opportunity arise. Can we please change that to "harmless to most?" BTW, thanks for the props! And you are quite right; it's good that they were left unharmed.

Sorry for the derailment. Please continue...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
thanks, but hottubes wants $1650 for a frame whereas my builder charges $1000. They may be better, but I was very happy with my bike.