Quantcast

My Life is Changing... I am moving

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I see that the builder didn't run any crown moulding. I've been wanting to to do that here but I'm afraid it's become 'expected' by the buyers...

No one here leaves the garage unfinished. We fire-rock it, paint it and trim out with a base board.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
N8 said:
I see that the builder didn't run any crown moulding. I've been wanting to to do that here but I'm afraid it's become 'expected' by the buyers...
I've also noticed that everyone is crown molding crazy.......it's a bit too ornate for my taste.......I tend to like simple lines.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Andyman_1970 said:
I've also noticed that everyone is crown molding crazy.......it's a bit too ornate for my taste.......I tend to like simple lines.
I agree.... however, since I have to do it, I try to do it right.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
man this is friggin awesome and the house looks like a place where i would definately bring a drunk girl and do her, proper do her, in the guest bedroom.

lemme know the move date. i called ya tonight but your phone was off.

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
congrats, I considered moving to that area also but did not ball up and do it. Then again I live in a great mountain biking area and it is hard to give that up just for a bit larger of a paycheck.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
sorry I was revisiting with an ex-girlfriend that wanted to say goodbye properly.
Thats hot!!

Anyway how did you decide on Charlotte?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
stosh said:
Thats hot!!

he got a job there and it is only about 2 hours to asheville. the job market is strong in charlotte right now. probably one of the strongest in the state.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
stosh said:
Thats hot!!

Good question. I did a lot of seat of the pants research.

-I love to ride mountain bikes
-I do not like really cold weather
-I wanted to remain relatively close to my folks who live in South Florida.
-I need a decent job market, if the auto industry is present even better (thats my experience).
-a good social life with other young professionals is important to me. I am 32, single, and as much fun as sleeping with 19-22 y/o college students can be, it gets old. (not that old, but more tiring)
- a good value in the housing market - The SFL housing market is STOOPID. I bought my house in 2001 for 138, and now its valued at close to 400k. Do the math, it is hard to ignore that when you are 30something.

I kinda narrowed my search to a few areas
Atlanta, GA
Columbia, SC
Charlotte, NC
Greenville, NC
Winston-Salem, NC
Raleigh, NC
Knoxville, TN

Then a good friend of mine moved from Tampa to Charlotte, he had some really good friends there as well(that he is currently living with). They moved from Tampa about 2 years ago. He sent me a link to Sonic Automotive's website, saying they were based in Charlotte. I made 1 phone call, got a hold of the Director of Recruiting and well it all just kind of happened from there.

I just kinda told everyone here at work, and they are in a little bit of shock. I showed them my house and now they are all on Realtor.com finding out what they can buy if they sell their houses down here.

I cant wait to get up there.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
You made a good choice considering what you were looking for.
Plus, you will be close to alot of really good riding.
I know you have ridden alot around here, so once you get settled in, you need to check out Paris Mountain in Greenville, SC.
You will be surprised at how fun it is.
Good luck.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Jeremy R said:
You made a good choice considering what you were looking for.
Plus, you will be close to alot of really good riding.
I know you have ridden alot around here, so once you get settled in, you need to check out Paris Mountain in Greenville, SC.
You will be surprised at how fun it is.
Good luck.
You know you love mountain biking when "the riding" is currently my only solice knowing what I am doing and need to get done in the next month.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Good question. I did a lot of seat of the pants research.

-I love to ride mountain bikes
-I do not like really cold weather
-I wanted to remain relatively close to my folks who live in South Florida.
-I need a decent job market, if the auto industry is present even better (thats my experience).
-a good social life with other young professionals is important to me. I am 32, single, and as much fun as sleeping with 19-22 y/o college students can be, it gets old. (not that old, but more tiring)
- a good value in the housing market - The SFL housing market is STOOPID. I bought my house in 2001 for 138, and now its valued at close to 400k. Do the math, it is hard to ignore that when you are 30something.

I kinda narrowed my search to a few areas
Atlanta, GA
Columbia, SC
Charlotte, NC
Greenville, NC
Winston-Salem, NC
Raleigh, NC
Knoxville, TN

Then a good friend of mine moved from Tampa to Charlotte, he had some really good friends there as well(that he is currently living with). They moved from Tampa about 2 years ago. He sent me a link to Sonic Automotive's website, saying they were based in Charlotte. I made 1 phone call, got a hold of the Director of Recruiting and well it all just kind of happened from there.

I just kinda told everyone here at work, and they are in a little bit of shock. I showed them my house and now they are all on Realtor.com finding out what they can buy if they sell their houses down here.

I cant wait to get up there.
Wow thats great man!

I think everybody at my job would flip if I told them.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
man, i am extremely jealous. we have been looking to relocate to NC for two years now and I cant find a job down there :(
Looks like you picked the same reasons why we want to head down there. no snow, fewer a-holes, cheap houses

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
MtnBikerChk said:
Sonic Automotive.... Is it the one I googled with about 50 dealers? HOLY COW!

NEAT!
Sonic said:
Sonic Automotive, Inc., A Fortune 300 Company and member of the Russell 2000 Index, is among the largest automotive retailers in the United States. Sonic Automotive operates 182 dealership franchises, representing 38 different brands of cars and light trucks at 154 locations and 39 collision repair centers in 15 states
They are big

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
Your list has the same cities mine does :D I can't wait to get out of here, and you copy-and-pasting all that crap onto every forum on the internet isn't helping! ;)

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
bmxr said:
Your list has the same cities mine does :D I can't wait to get out of here, and you copy-and-pasting all that crap onto every forum on the internet isn't helping! ;)

Would offering you a free place to stay while you house and job hunt help anymore?

With your banking experience, Charlotte is a no brainer. From what I have seen they have a pretty decent void in middle management. Being close to a number of large colleges they seem to fill the entry level stuff pretty well, then due to attrition and burn out there is turn over in the middle to upper mgt positions. There is construction gallore going on so your building management experience would probably almost as relevant.

If you move up I promise to buy a SV650 or something along those lines.

Get a realtor yet? :blah:

bmxr

Monkey
Jan 29, 2004
Marietta, GA
Thanks for the offer, bro! I will take you up on it... I hope I can develop a need for that realtor during 2006.

I'm not holding my breath on the SV650, but me, Jerry, and several more of my friends from Sarasota will be heading up to Deal's Gap again, probably in April. The winter is the best time to get good a good deal on a bike... :)

*Make sure you e-mail me your new phone numbers and address.*