Quantcast

My New Single Speed

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Very nice build. FS singlespeed is super trick.

The blue chain is making me throw up in my mouth a little. Please get a nice half link chain for it.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
And she is finished - I didn't like the white b52 bars so I put my old ones one.

I think I'm going to put a front brake on - but here is what I have.

I'll take more pictures tomorrow - planning on taking her to the BMX track to try it out!

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Well boys, I just got back from the BMX track! She road GREAT - very happy with the pro pedal on the DHX shock, it gave on the landings but really firm during pedaling. The dirt jumper for needs some breakin time - was a little stiffer than what I like but I'm sure that will get better with time.

Not one chain problem and VERY NICE CRANKS - Super still, I really enjoyed the deity cranks.

I was a little worried about running 34X16 but that gear felt great - I have nice power out of the berms and never felt like I was spinning.

Think I'm going to pass on the front break - Not once today did I feel like I needed it.

Next stop SS

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
here she is with the fleet

Here's the fleet!

Here's my 2006 Kona Stab Deluxe and 2008 Kona Cowan DS

Here's my 2007 Kona Exsploif (SS XC Bike SO RAD) and my $13 1992 Kona Cinder Cone (Wife founds this at a yard sale)

Lastly my 2007 Trek 5000 (Road / Commuter Bike)

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
That thing is nice. I'm guessing that going without a front brake you are using it for dirt jumps, bmx track, pump tracks, and the such. If so, my only advice is to ditch the knobbies and throw on some other tires. K-rads, holy rollers or something along those lines.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
killer build, my best bud has ridden that bike on everything you can imagine rays, epic xc in oregon, all over moab and fruit, whistler and the shore...He is a good rider but handeled all of the above fine, fox 36 setup with a 36t and a full cluster in the back...i love that bike.