Rear Cog: 17t whitebrothers
Brakes: Avid 160mm Rear only
Stem: Thompson BMX Stem
Fork: 2008 Dirt Jumper 1

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth
Chainguide not needed if you are running singlespeed. U might want a bash though.
Sweet frame! How much $ did you drop for it?

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth
I looked at a used one a year or two ago that was sitting at the LBS, they wanted about a grand too. Look forward to seeing the finished build!

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Friggin' sah-weet ride there Hoss! When will it be at the lake? I might come back down form Philly to see it out there!

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Awesome thread.

The Cowan frames are that much?

A riding buddy copied me and picked up a now rare A frame for $450 new and spent another 3 weekends with a Dremel tool a building a sickass FSSS.

Edit: He's not a tall man, but has ridden all of my bike builds in the past few years with the exception of my 1x1 in the pic for obvious standover reasons...

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
should be ok for awhile - just picked up a sixtel keg of Magic Hat #9 and plenty of PBR!

Do you think I'll need a chain guide or will I be ok without one?
You have adjustible dropouts, so you shouldn't need a chain guide! (essentially the same as horizontal drops, but with built in tensioners!) Rooking Good!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I would think a guide might not be a bad idea - not so much for tensioning the chain but to keep the chain from jumping off the front chainring when jumping/landing. Don't you think?

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Well here are the SWEET ASS CRANKS - I can't tell you how sweet these things are. But damn are they a pain to put on, need to wait for my wheelset to come in before I finish up (need to line the chain up) won't be running a chain guide either - the one I have didn't fit because of the crazy BB setup I have.

Break time

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
Awesome thread.

The Cowan frames are that much?

A riding buddy copied me and picked up a now rare A frame for $450 new and spent another 3 weekends with a Dremel tool a building a sickass FSSS.

Edit: He's not a tall man, but has ridden all of my bike builds in the past few years with the exception of my 1x1 in the pic for obvious standover reasons...
I love that bike - what did he have to dremel

pedalkicker

Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
earth
Be sure to check your chain after you get some riding in as it will most likely stretch and you will need to retighten.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
pictures of you drinking tequila DO NOT make me horny!

That is a beautiful bike, Mancil!