Quantcast

My new TMX (pics inside)

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
Picked up my TMX on saturday and built her up. Pedaled it around the woods on sunday. Nice ride. Enjoy

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
At p-kill last weekend there was a girl on a chrome link with pink stickers.:eek: It was hot.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
SWEET. Post more pics please. I NEED MORE to satisfy my Brooklyn needs! I'd take it in any colour,

P.S your officially a real man.

Edit: My M and S keys suck.

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Awesome! Now you need sponsership from Pepto-Bismal!

edit: the guy before me just had the best suggestion ever about the lowers...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I don't know you so I can't vouch for your skills, but you have to go siiiiick to ride a bike like that, let alone a PINK one!!!!!!!!

I like it!:devil:

paint the forks white with pink decals:p

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
pepto bismol, hehe.

way to flex siko. too bad the glittery streamer grips don't fit those handle bars, eh?

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by ChrisRobin
I didn't think they still made the regular TMX. I thought they all were the link bikes.
They don't. That is 2nd hand.

It's almost traditional to get the frame resprayed and bits replaced when you get it 2nd hand.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
"2nd hand" sounds soo negative. Given the fact that BMW's are steel, fatigue is not a factor. Mine had Zero blemishes in the steel tubing, like a rock chip or dent. So once new color and bearings are installed, I'd say it is new.

I like your new frame!

joel

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by joel hester
"2nd hand" sounds soo negative. Given the fact that BMW's are steel, fatigue is not a factor. Mine had Zero blemishes in the steel tubing, like a rock chip or dent. So once new color and bearings are installed, I'd say it is new.

joel
I'm not saying they are bad second hand they are bloody amazing things. I love BMW myself and have all the bits but a frame (but a Link is waiting).

BMW forever.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by chromegoddess
they aren't "used" or "2nd hand", they're """pre-owned"""!!
'Has been in the ownership of another'

Yup the Race-link is an amazing bike. In a parking lot test it felt stunning. I want to know how sextastic it is on the trails/hucks/stair gaps.

But I can't buy the frame just yet. not quite enough $ ($5600+ usd here). Anyone wanna buy a ht worth over $4000? :D

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I like to call it neused. I live way south in ct right by the NY boarder.
I own Biglink7 Parkbike 81 TMX40 and racelink 46. I will post a pic of the family soon.

As for weight It is lighter than my biglink but heaver than the racelink.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
i think you need my BMW bmx #33 to round out the family....gotta have some little kiddys....

b-man

Chimp
May 25, 2002
ct
I knew you were getting a new TMX...but PINK? :eek: that is amazing. We have to go for a ride soon, now that the weather is nice. I'm building up my new gold bullit at gbikes this weekend, so after that we should go with Wes or something. That bike looks amazing, I can't imagine how it feels. Sick.

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I love it it rides sweet. Yes we will ride soon maybe a trip to the creek. Last day of classes and I graduate on the 20th. No more school and no slaving at the bike shop on the weekend

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Originally posted by sikocycles
I love it it rides sweet. Yes we will ride soon maybe a trip to the creek. Last day of classes and I graduate on the 20th. No more school and no slaving at the bike shop on the weekend
You're a student? how'd you afford all those bikes?

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
How do you like those Kendas? I was thinking about getting some of those to try out for my next tire just to look around. What type of Kenda are they?

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
The kendas were nice I am riding them this weekend at the creek and will let you know better

Dirty I will take that bmx anytime

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
Originally posted by Ice Bullit
How do you like those Kendas? I was thinking about getting some of those to try out for my next tire just to look around. What type of Kenda are they?
the new kendas r0x0rz. i'm running a blue groove / nevegal combo & have been uber impressed with adhesion on slimy/rocky/rooty knarl & woodwork. great bang for the buck as well.

Mar 3, 2004
England!
Originally posted by sikocycles
The kendas were nice I am riding them this weekend at the creek and will let you know better

Dirty I will take that bmx anytime
Blah blah blah blah.

What are the noticible changes in the ride/pedalling that the racelink has over the TMX?

Also have you heard anything about the 'Hitman'?

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
you know those car scent sprays you can get at walmart? Go buy the bubble gum scent and spray the crap out of that frame.

that thing RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I came this ->| |<- close to getting my mini painted pink!!!!!!!! i love that color!!!!!!!!!!

just looking at those pictures makes me wanna chew bubble gum!

enjoy her :thumb: