Quantcast

my TdF audio isnt working :(

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124106&page=3&pp=15&highlight=discovery+smack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westy
I think Vino is going to be a real threat to Armstron this year. The past few years Lance has only been able to defend in the mountains but kills on the TT's. If Vino can make time in the mountains it will probably come down to the last TT on the second to last stage.

IF Vino can make time in the mountains???? What makes you think he can do that?

I think that this race is in for a big Discovery smack in the face on Sunday (stage 10).
So I got the day of the week wrong but I got the rest right. You may all bow down before me. (Like it was really hard to figure this out).

Westy gets bonus points for owning up....

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Jeremy R said:
Ha ha, Vino got cocky and got crushed like a bug.
Welcome to the Tour Biatches!! :nuts: :devil:
LOL! Exactly my thoughts... I was reading on Velo news how he was saying that he was ready to lead the T-Mobile team as he was the one dominating the other two riders... who's who's boss now Vino?

LOL!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Very impressed with Rasmussen. I wonder if he can keep it up and finish with the polka dot jersey and a podium spot?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
golgiaparatus said:
LOL! Exactly my thoughts... I was reading on Velo news how he was saying that he was ready to lead the T-Mobile team as he was the one dominating the other two riders... who's who's boss now Vino?

LOL!
Yep, Ullrich has crashed his brains out twice and still beat Vino by 3:00 minutes.
Vino just got a little cocky before the real tour started wasting all that energy trying to attack on that turd hill.
Tour on.

And Westy, Go Buffalo!! This is the Bills year! :blah: :)

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Westy said:
Very impressed with Rasmussen. I wonder if he can keep it up and finish with the polka dot jersey and a podium spot?
Rasmussen definately looked good especially when you consider the day he had on Sunday. Not so sure about the podium, he is a completely crap TT rider, and Lance is certainly not going to give him much rope going forward to gain anymore time on the climbs.

Tomorrow, T-Mobile has to do something. I'm not sure they can wait until the Pyrennes now. Discovery did get some friends now, in Illes Balleres and Rabobank (not that they need the help).

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Hawkeye said:
Gee, no surprise the Disco was tested AGAIN.

Did you see the article/commentary about Lance being the only rider tested at random at the start line before stage 1?
most tested athlete on the planet. uci tests all #1's and #2's(usually AFTER they have won something though.)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Armstrong blows away rivals on Tour de France's first Alpine stage
July 12, 2005

COURCHEVEL, France (AP) -- Lance Armstrong took a decisive step toward a seventh consecutive Tour de France victory, recapturing the overall leader's yellow jersey by blowing away his main rivals Tuesday on this year's first Alpine stage.

Armstrong did the damage on the punishing 13.8-mile climb to the ski station of Courchevel, eating up the ascent with ease while Jan Ullrich and other challengers grimaced in pain behind.

Spain's Alejandro Valverde won the 10th stage, just beating Armstrong to the finish line, but is not considered one of Armstrong's main rivals in this year's race. Valverde and Armstrong finished the 110.9-mile stage in 4 hours, 50 minutes, 35 seconds.

Mickael Rasmussen is second in the overall standings, 38 seconds behind Armstrong. Ivan Basso, among the main challengers left behind by Armstrong on Tuesday's ascent, is third overall -- 2:40 behind the Texan.

Valverde and Armstrong shook hands in the saddle after they crossed the line.

``Today I had good legs,'' Armstrong said, praising his Discovery Channel team, which piled on the pace in the first sections of the ascent, whittling down the field. ``It is a really tough team with a lot of pride.''

He also praised Valverde, who is racing his first Tour but already has been mentioned as a potential future winner.

``Everybody has seen the future of cycling,'' Armstrong said.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
DRB said:
Rasmussen definately looked good especially when you consider the day he had on Sunday. Not so sure about the podium, he is a completely crap TT rider, and Lance is certainly not going to give him much rope going forward to gain anymore time on the climbs.

Tomorrow, T-Mobile has to do something. I'm not sure they can wait until the Pyrennes now. Discovery did get some friends now, in Illes Balleres and Rabobank (not that they need the help).
Word, T-Mobile better start some crap... They have all those power riders, they should be able to make lance work. Maybe send Vino up the hill first in a super aggressive attack way too early (knowing that he wont be able to hold pace). Lance might try to cover his attack. Then when Vino blows send Kloden and Ullrich, again lance will have to cover them and maybe he wont be able to cover both of them after trying to hang with Vino's early attack.

I dont know, they need to try something unexpected. Something more than just henging on Lance's wheel and hoping that he wont be able to make it.

firetoole

duch bag
Nov 19, 2004
Wooo Tulips!!!!
golgiaparatus said:
Word, T-Mobile better start some crap... They have all those power riders, they should be able to make lance work. Maybe send Vino up the hill first in a super aggressive attack way too early (knowing that he wont be able to hold pace). Lance might try to cover his attack. Then when Vino blows send Kloden and Ullrich, again lance will have to cover them and maybe he wont be able to cover both of them after trying to hang with Vino's early attack.

I dont know, they need to try something unexpected. Something more than just henging on Lance's wheel and hoping that he wont be able to make it.
veno probably has some excuse as to why that wouldn't work

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Pre stage comments:
Alexandre Vinokourov (T-Mobile)

"I feel good now that the mountains are starting. I'm in good shape."

Have you got a strategy for today? "What strategy? As usual it will be attacking. Jan feels good, Andreas too, so we are very motivated."

Will you attack on the first climb? "No, it's too far from the finish."
It must have been the shortened stage....
The Tour's 10th stage between Grenoble and Courchevel has been shortened by 11.5 km to avoid a farmers' protest. Instead of officially starting in Grenoble, the riders will start further along the race route in Brignoud after a short delay for the protest. The farmers are protesting about wolves attacking their livestock.
Who exactly were they protesting? I'm sure the wolves are really affected... Silly French.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
DRB said:
Pre stage comments:

It must have been the shortened stage....

Who exactly were they protesting? I'm sure the wolves are really affected... Silly French.

The town not doing anything to kill the wolves. Funny here you just pull out your rifle and shot the damn things.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Bob Roll annoys me but this is funny..
2005 Tour de France: Stage 10
By Bob Roll

Cruising and predatory, Lance Armstrong asphyxiated the field and left in his wake, not just some, but all of the pre-race favorites. Basso was ruined. Ullrich, Klöden, and Vinokourov, the Team Mobile leaders, were annihilated.

Roberto Heras, Iban Mayo, Floyd Landis, Levi Leipheimer, Bobby Julich -- all great athletes, well-paid on the best teams. But you don’t tell Godzilla, the monster of the Tour, how to kill. You just step back and watch the destruction.
Discovery -- criticized just a few days ago for isolating Lance -- have come back strong and today set a bruising, spirit-crushing tempo. Lance had two teammates left after Ullrich, Vinokourov and Klöden were already dropped. The only men capable of matching Lance today were Alejandro Valverde, Michael Rasmussen, and Francisco Mancebo.

In the sprint, Alejandro Valverde got the better of Lance by a little, tiny bit. But the GC is litany of despair for everyone else in this field. The wienerschnitzel is bitter indeed.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
the Inbred said:
oh my god, what the **** happened to T-Mobile's color scheme.

Alexander Vinokourov wins national title of Kazachstan

Despite reservations aired by T-Mobile team manager Walter Godefroot, Vino made the long journey back to his home country last week to contest the Kazakhstan Championships, which were held on Saturday at Almaty.

Golden sun on blue background

In the past, Vino has won World Championships bronze and Olympic bronze in his national colours. Surprisingly, however, he has never before been crowned national champion, and so has never worn his national colours at the Tour de France. That's going to change now - and with stage one of the Tour less than a week away, T-Mobile are already working on a jersey design in time for Saturday, which will feature Kazakhstan's national colours; a golden sun on a blue background.

Vinoukourov soloed to victory at the end of the 144km race, edging Crédit Agricole rider Andrey Kashechkin and his former team mate Andrei Mizourov to second and third. Straight after the race, Vino hopped into a private jet that flew him back to his Monaco base.

J

JRB

Anyone that thinks that Lance didn't play all these bitches Saturday with that whole "left alone" thing has got to think they are crazy right now.