Quantcast

Need moar Jester - The 2012 Monkeyfest thread

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
when I get a job! Happy to meet you out there any time though, I would like to wait until I get my rear rotor, should be tomorrow at the earliest.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Word up, pup. The trails are 2 minutes from me and I'll likely start bringing my bike to work everyday so I will be good to go on a moment's notice.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Milwaukee's Best? Gennesee? Oh wait, that's regional... you probably don't know the horrors of Genny....

Schlitz?
I went to school in central VT, I know all about the Green Screamers. What I have waiting in the wings should make anyone cringe.

Last edited:

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
Treesaw, I told you last year that you should change the date of the MonkeyFest!!!

It's the same weekend as the FestivAllezY/raid Jean d'Avignon in East-Hereford... and the Quebec Games in Shawinigan... and the IMBA TCC visit in Bromont... Damn!

I have an idea! Move the MonkeyFest to East-Hereford instead (45min away from KTA). Leave the fast rolling trails of Kingdom and come experience real singletrack where you'll actually need a few beers to cool down at the end of the day!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ಠ_ಠ

Have you BEEN to kingdom trails? It's like the perfect mix of death by singletrack with just enough fireroad to open up the lungs on a climb or two. Twenty miles of that and beers are like zomg the best thing ever.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Treesaw, I told you last year that you should change the date of the MonkeyFest!!!

It's the same weekend as the FestivAllezY/raid Jean d'Avignon in East-Hereford... and the Quebec Games in Shawinigan... and the IMBA TCC visit in Bromont... Damn!

I have an idea! Move the MonkeyFest to East-Hereford instead (45min away from KTA). Leave the fast rolling trails of Kingdom and come experience real singletrack where you'll actually need a few beers to cool down at the end of the day!
Looking forward to trying East-Hereford. So far I haven't had luck finding much interesting trail riding in QC.

HypNoTic

Man Whore
Aug 3, 2004
Montreal, Qc
I guess you haven't ventured up north yet.... ;)
I'd say he didn't ride in QC in the last 10 years.

Jozz, I'll be at the "Future of mountain biking in Laurentides" conference tomorrow. We're talking about a non-motorized 850km trail network. Maybe we'll have time to catch up and grab a beer after that. Same phone number? Or come join us at Mont Avalanche at the end of the afternoon. :)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I guess you haven't ventured up north yet.... ;)
Ah yes, was just thinking about that. Let's link up - are the trails ready to ride up there yet? Heard there was still snow in a lot of places!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Ah yes, was just thinking about that. Let's link up - are the trails ready to ride up there yet? Heard there was still snow in a lot of places!
They are drying up but not rideable yet. Most of April will be trail care days up north. Moving in June, after that we'll link up and I'll show you some nice stuff.

Might attend Monkeyfest, but it will be totally last minute...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
They are drying up but not rideable yet. Most of April will be trail care days up north. Moving in June, after that we'll link up and I'll show you some nice stuff.

Might attend Monkeyfest, but it will be totally last minute...
That sounds great, thanks! Good luck w/ the move.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!

I didn't choose the date...sorry :( I actually wanted it to be the week after so we could do both! Sq-Earl and I are definitely interested in a trip to East-Hereford though. We'll talk about which day we'll be able to come up and would LOVE to hook up for a ride!!!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I think I'll bow out at mile 25 and go drink beer. I enjoy the usual trail length, lets me save legs for other days. You marathoners can stick with your 50s, I'll ride 20s and sneak out for a night ride or burnham session later.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Is anyone interested in putting together something like a fifty mile route for Saturday?
Oh geez, here I did a 20 miler a couple weekends ago and was thinking the usual long ride at m'fest would be a piece of cake this year. Then JBP goes and throws this out there! Hmmm.... I'm not sure I can realistically ride 50 miles of singletrack, and I'm certain I can't do it at your normal pace. But I'd be game to try something longer. Damn, I need to start training for m'fest!!!

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Oh geez, here I did a 20 miler a couple weekends ago and was thinking the usual long ride at m'fest would be a piece of cake this year. Then JBP goes and throws this out there! Hmmm.... I'm not sure I can realistically ride 50 miles of singletrack, and I'm certain I can't do it at your normal pace. But I'd be game to try something longer. Damn, I need to start training for m'fest!!!
Don't forget to train for the drunken night ride ;)