Quantcast

Need New Pedals

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah i have and i really like them, but I'm not sure they are worth the extra money, the shape of them is wow, but how is it to replace pins (which i have to do after every other ride), and is there anyway you can send me the width/length on them? I have just talked to a few of my buds, and one says speedplay the other tioga, and I'm in between them right now, speedplay crazy platform nice feel, tioga problem free highly recommended crazy traction, lighter than hell for being alloy.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Go Tioga. Hell, I'd have let you ride my bike on Knapps so you could try 'em a while ago. You can't go wrong with either though, I'm just partial to Tioga.

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
yeah i have and i really like them, but I'm not sure they are worth the extra money, the shape of them is wow, but how is it to replace pins (which i have to do after every other ride), and is there anyway you can send me the width/length on them? I have just talked to a few of my buds, and one says speedplay the other tioga, and I'm in between them right now, speedplay crazy platform nice feel, tioga problem free highly recommended crazy traction, lighter than hell for being alloy.

atomic97

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
Santa Clarita, California
The pins are super easy to replace even if you break one since they come out from the back. If you have a problem with pins falling out, just loctite them and you're good. They are 4" x 4.25" but they feel bigger because they are thinner. They're a little lighter than the Tioga's since they are so thin. I feel silly pitching you on a forum, but the biggest thing is that we pretty much warranty anything and everything.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I'm sure you'll be happy with the Tioga's, but if you know anyone with the new, thin Aircorp's, you should definitely ride them before you decide.
Just put on a pair of these on last weekend (as I said earlier in the thread) - ran 'em in the mud with no slippage whatsoever -though my 5-10's smell like fungus with all the wetness going on. Love them.