Quantcast

New Classifieds

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I wanna delete two of my ads, but I can't find this so-called "checkbox" in the edit section. Help?
Hey... anybody got some help for me? I was trying to sell a bike, but decided to part it out, but it looks kinda weird when my ad says the bike is sold, yet right below it I'm selling the parts from that bike. Is there any way to delete an ad?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
They're not showing up for me, dexter. Clear your cache and refresh the page, see if they're gone for you, too.

At least, I see no ad that says "sold". I see your Planet X Jack Flash but I am assuming you're not talking about that bike?

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
Ok I'm an idiot. I didn't realize that once I mark an item as "sold", nobody else can see it in the classifieds. My bad.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Can anyone "moderate" the classifieds?

Sorry, seeing sunglasses in the frames section is annoying. And people spamming every section, especially completes/frames and vice versa.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I can't even figure out how to post a classified, particularly due to not seeing a post ad button.
A bunch of people keep asking the same question and no one answers. I can't find the answer on this site. Can someone please post the answer on how to post an ad in the Classified section???

If a bunch of people are having problems posting ads maybe that is a big reason traffic has dropped. :lighten: :help:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
A bunch of people keep asking the same question and no one answers. I can't find the answer on this site. Can someone please post the answer on how to post an ad in the Classified section???

If a bunch of people are having problems posting ads maybe that is a big reason traffic has dropped. :lighten: :help:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I figured there was such a button but it is not there when I am logged in. Also the buttons that are there are shifted towards the right of the column. :confused:

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Maybe try clearing your cookies and cache and re-logging in so the site is totally refreshed?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
So when you click on the big "Classifieds" button under the Ridemonkey banner, you don't see the screen I posted? You're sure you're not looking at the regular screen, not the Classifieds section?

I don't have any idea if you're in the classifieds and you don't see a post an ad.

What browser are you running? If you're not running Firefox you should DL it, it's better than everything else at running most sites and I have no problems in FF.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I see the screen you posted but not the "post an ad" button. The other five buttons are there but shifted to the right of your screen shot. The browser on the computer I am using is IE7. It is not my computer, not likely I can use another browser from here.

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA

Click on the "Classifieds" button up top to open the general classifieds page (as if you were looking to buy something).

www.ridemonkey.com/classifieds/

Right below the ad banner there are six buttons, the one on the left is a brownish green and says "post an ad". Click on it, it's pretty simple from there.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Right below the ad banner there are six buttons, the one on the left is a brownish green and says "post an ad". Click on it, it's pretty simple from there.

Once again, the button is NOT there. It should be pretty simple but it is not. The other five are but not the "post an ad" button.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I would really suggest you DL Firefox to start over so to speak, and have a current reliable browser.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
I would really suggest you DL Firefox to start over so to speak, and have a current reliable browser.
It is not the browser, there is something wrong with this website. Tried logging in on different computers with different browsers and different user names. The Post an ad button is not there.

Is there a solution or should I just go visit another website? :disgust1:

Natedogg

Monkey
Jun 10, 2003
Mazzzzchappi
Completyely agreed. i really preferred the old method.
I agree, too. I just logged back on for the first time in MONTHS because I cant stand the new classifieds. I guess "shame on me" for using this site 80% of the time for merely browsing the classifieds, and not contributing a whole heck of a lot to the forums (although I used to ask plenty of dumb questions in tech talk). But still, I have moved on because its just not as easy anymore to look through everyones ads. Sucks, because 'moved on' means using TGRs gear swap or sprocket rocket threads, or Craigslist, or BustedSpoke. None of which have the population of riders that RM has, or has the quality peeps that this site has. (I dont touch MTBR anymore since they blew their classifieds section years ago).

As a organizer and a 'splitter', I would have done the same thing--break it down into all categories. But it just doesnt work for easy browsing. Just my two cents--which around here are probably worth about 0.00000000002 cents.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I like it more the way it is. You can find what you want, just by looking for that item. Not 500 things before you find what you wanted.

I have had 0 problems moving stuff on here either. Since the change, I've sold well over 30 items on here, and most had only been posted 2 weeks or less.

I never liked to go through all the other stuff just to find what I was looking for. I always found a deal on something else, and not what I wanted. To each, their own, But I like it the way it is now.