New Evil

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/

Olly

Monkey
Oct 1, 2015
good luck with that shitty ass tire clearance.

Evil has successfully went from something that was once desired, to something that should die in a fire..
I once desired an Evil Uprising. It looked great, apart from the shitty ass tire clearance. Also it was apparently relatively easy to kill, even without the aid of fire.

Evil has successfully gone from "shitty ass tire clearance" to "shitty ass tire clearance".

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
They wouldn’t have selected nanoraptor tires if it wasn’t a serious machine.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You know what would be even rowdier and gnar-core than that?

A normal XC bike.
Which is exactly what I use for my "gravel", bikepacking, adventuring type bike. Geared 29er currently setup rigid, but I do have a squish fork for the front if desired.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Not really my bag - I prefer flat bars for something like this - but Jason knows what's up for going fast and I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for seat position, SA does look a little slack to the naked eye, but my guess is that this is a development bike that doesn't fit every tester.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I was considering getting a bike to commute on in the spring, I can't decide if I like it or not.
I'm also in the consideration phase for a new commuter. I want 1x drivetrain, disc brakes, sporty road like geo, full fenders that fit a cx tire for winter riding conditions and a flat handle bar.
The closest thing was this year's Giant ToughRoad SLR 0 with additional fenders. Sold out...