Quantcast

new GoPro HD Hero 2

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Who do you contact if you happened to drop your gopro ( along with LCD screen ) in the water without the waterproof casing? Is said person just screwed and need to accept that he and a gopro were never meant to be?
Sounds like you're screwed dude. Highly doubt that the cam is fixable or that the company would do anything about it.

You're up **** creek without a paddle, or a working camera.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i was about to buy the wifi kit until i saw all the good features with the phone app are useless with the original HD model. fail

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
i was about to buy the wifi kit until i saw all the good features with the phone app are useless with the original HD model. fail
I wonder what the major difference is between them that they can't make it backwards compatible. Because I'm sure if they could, they would...

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
FYI for those that get one. You also need to update the BacPac and remote. I had to install all my windows updates and restart and re-install the software to get the camera update to work right.

1. Download GoPro software and install
2. Turn on camera and connect to computer
3. Launch program. Confirm update, close program.
4. Disconnect, turn on GoPro and BacPac and remote
5. Install BacPac on GoPro.
6. Connect BacPac to computer and launch program again.
7. Install updates for BacPac and remote.

GoPro Wi-Fi BacPac and Remote Control Firmware Update Tutorial on Vimeo

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Other than the fact that they must have updated those instructions to include that you need to update the bacpac....the page didn't mention that yesterday...