Quantcast

New home bling questions...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
Good call, but with nearly 6 feet of rain per year, it's best not to put extra holes in the roof.
Offer the ultimate upgrade, a house that isn't in a hot, flat, swampy state.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
SkaredShtles said:
:stupid:

Murder holes, arrow slits, and maybe even a portcullis?
I would actually love a small tower with an observation deck added to my house. All the trees limit the view to my actual yard. If I could go 30 or so feet up I would have an awesome view of the mountains.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Westy said:
I would actually love a small tower with an observation deck added to my house. All the trees limit the view to my actual yard. If I could go 30 or so feet up I would have an awesome view of the mountains.

Toss in a quad-mounted .50 cal and you are set!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
N8 said:
Toss in a quad-mounted .50 cal and you are set!
That is a home furnishing I could get excited about. That old lady down the road would think twice about letting her dog crap in my yard.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
splat said:
and you think putting 2 -3 feet of snow on top of them is a good idea either ?
we'll find out...this is will winter #4 for our skylights and no leaks thus far. the bathroom one just got installed a few weeks ago.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
N8 said:
Good call, but with nearly 6 feet of rain per year, it's best not to put extra holes in the roof.
dont be a wuss dude. as long as you get quality lights and make sure your roofers arent crack heads you will be ok. I live in a temperate rainforest (we fall usually around 9 inches shy of rain forest amount)and the skylights dont leak. plus they are easy to install and you can upcharge the hell out of em.